Date & Rate.....2008!

October 24 & 25 (Friday & Saturday)

RPR

They're calling it "Deluxe"; not standard, not pool view (new category perhaps?:headache: ). All i know was i had to specify that I wanted pool view via loews gold upgrade:confused3 1st confirmation only indicated deluxe; resend as per above...anyone else get this?

AAA rate (only AAA one available @ time of booking was @ this resort)

$233.10 + per night

fyi, aph rates are $233 (non qualifying though)

They're calling it "Deluxe"; not standard, not pool view (new category perhaps?:headache: ). All i know was i had to specify that I wanted pool view via loews gold upgrade:confused3 1st confirmation only indicated deluxe; resend as per above...anyone else get this?

It was 'standard' to 'water' view :confused3 There is no 'deluxe' so maybe they renamed it?? Only thing I can think of :confused3

When you talk 'deluxe' at the HRH and PBH, they have the bigger rooms with the pullout sofas (most times)....but, not sure how 'deluxe' figures in to RPR??

btw...have ya seen the pic of the new 'kid suites' on the website? Look kewl! Looks like a king room and queen room joined and themed..... ;) But, classified as 'suite', so ya know...big $$ :scared:

Just as an FYI...I specifically called Universal and asked about this just a day ago. They told me 1-2 nights AAA rate was higher than 3 or more nights. My trip in June is on a Sunday and Monday night, and my rate is higher for those same nights than a previous poster who is staying for 3 nights by $12/night with AAA rate. I wish it weren't so...but that's the rate I got and that is what they said.

Just as an FYI...I specifically called Universal and asked about this just a day ago. They told me 1-2 nights AAA rate was higher than 3 or more nights. My trip in June is on a Sunday and Monday night, and my rate is higher for those same nights than a previous poster who is staying for 3 nights by $12/night with AAA rate. I wish it weren't so...but that's the rate I got and that is what they said.

wonder if that'll change closer to arrival dates??? Does SuperSaver work for you Lucky'sMom? ....or is AAA still your best bet?

That would explain why akdar's AAA rates for May 16-18 are higher than my AAA rates for May 15-18.

April 27th one night. Hard Rock Hotel. I booked a Garden View for $159. I'm excited because I checked this rate last week and it was much higher. They had RPH for $139 or PBH for $169. This is the annual pass discount. We haven't stayed at US for a couple of years, so was excited to book this one night before moving to our DVC resort. We are also Loews members (just blue), so updated that site too.

wonder if that'll change closer to arrival dates??? Does SuperSaver work for you Lucky'sMom? ....or is AAA still your best bet?

I'm not too familiar with the Supersaver rates...are they available during busy June dates, or only during slower seasons? Do they just come up when you search online, or do you have to call? I hate calling. Also, we are only staying 2 nights (at the moment!). I would even consider a APH, but the AAA rate was cheaper, which seemed odd. Maybe a better rate will come out before our trip. Until then...I'll hang close to these boards!;)

May 5-9 @ RPR. Standard Room $195 +tax Super Saver Rate

This is our first trip to UO/IOA...can't wait!!:cool1:

Hey Barb!:yay: :dance3: :yay:
It's official! I just booked RPR for June 22 - 26!!!!:woohoo: :yay: party:
They actually had a Super Saver rate for our dates and it was cheaper than APH or AAA!!!:dance3: :yay: :dance3:
RPR
Standard (2 Queen) upgrade to water view
Rate: $207.00
Supersaver
Yes/Gold

I'm not too familiar with the Supersaver rates...are they available during busy June dates, or only during slower seasons? Do they just come up when you search online, or do you have to call? I hate calling. Also, we are only staying 2 nights (at the moment!). I would even consider a APH, but the AAA rate was cheaper, which seemed odd. Maybe a better rate will come out before our trip. Until then...I'll hang close to these boards!;)

Hey Lucky's Mom, I just booked a SuperSaver rate for June 22 - 26 online for RPR. They didn't come up for HRH or PBH.

most likely not offered... busy time.... doubt it's offered...but, who knows?? i could be wrong! :confused3

This is the first day that I've checked and Super Saver came up for RPR, so I snagged it. It could come up for the others...maybe....

What's a supersaver? Where do you look? We were thinking of booking into RPR for 1 night to get front of line pass, but don't know where to look for prices. It's for last week of Aug.

What's a supersaver? Where do you look? We were thinking of booking into RPR for 1 night to get front of line pass, but don't know where to look for prices. It's for last week of Aug.

SuperSaver rates are just that....'super' savings....usually you have to stay minimum of 3/4 nights.... Try AAA rate if you're a member ;)

Royal Pacific 8/18/08 to 8/23/08
Rate: $161.00 + tax
Supersaver
Yes/Platinum

Super Saver rate was cheaper than APH. AAA rate not available.
No suite upgrade as we are 4 persons (suite hold 3 at RPR)
Was offered PBH at $202 with free upgrade to suite, but it was + $25/night for a rollaway for the 4th person (we passed).
Also staying Animal Kingdom Lodge 8/14 - 8/18 for $199.00 + tax, pool view, AAA rate.

Lou

Royal Pacific 8/18/08 to 8/23/08
Rate: $161.00 + tax
Supersaver
Yes/Platinum

Super Saver rate was cheaper than APH. AAA rate not available.
No suite upgrade as we are 4 persons (suite hold 3 at RPR)
Was offered PBH at $202 with free upgrade to suite, but it was + $25/night for a rollaway for the 4th person (we passed).
Also staying Animal Kingdom Lodge 8/14 - 8/18 for $199.00 + tax, pool view, AAA rate.

Lou

Glad to hear that they offered you at least the upgrade to WV since you can't qualify for the suite at RPR. Hopefully they are recognizing this short coming, and platinum families of 4-5 will not run into such a problem getting a Deluxe room instead of a King Suite at HRH.

Thanks for posting your experience.

HRH
Standard (2 Queen) upgrade Deluxe
7/19: 282 + tax
7/20 - 7/24: 269 + tax
7/25: 282 + tax
AAA
Gold

Does anyone know which club lounge is better between Hard Rock and Portofino?

I can get Super Saver rates for both in October and I'm trying to decide which would be better.

TIA

RPR
7/8 - 7/11 Standard 2 Queen
AAA Rate $207.40

Sorry Barb posted in wrong place just don't hit me with the rolled up news paper:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter