• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Date & Rate ...... 2011

Oct 7-10 2011
HRH
Standard Room
294 plus tax
seasonal
thumbalyna

hope for a better rate to come out but booked early so i am on property for HHN

Bubba's Mom: I apologize. We saw the Stay More, Save More rates for our dates and decided to go whole hog and stay at the Portofino. Same dates. Sorry for being a pain. I sure appreciate all your advice and tips though! That's what pushed us to change in resorts.

March 19-26, 2011
PBH
Club Level/2Q
$346 average per night
Stay More, Save More rate
wegs3000

Bubba's Mom: I apologize. We saw the Stay More, Save More rates for our dates and decided to go whole hog and stay at the Portofino. Same dates. Sorry for being a pain. I sure appreciate all your advice and tips though! That's what pushed us to change in resorts.

March 19-26, 2011
PBH
Club Level/2Q
$346 average per night
Stay More, Save More rate
wegs3000

no need to apologize...I know what this "job" consists of...not my first time ;)

You will love Portofino....we do!

Are you crazy? What made you book with Virgin? Their rate is astronomical, were quoting £2800 for a basic garden room.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Got a price for the split stay holiday we wanted and was happy with the price - booked it when they were offering 15% off - TA couldn't match price!!

Hi Barb, tried to talk Charlotte into going back to PBH next year , but she wanted RPR, so not that bothered as we love both, probably RPR better.

July 16th- 30th
RPR
King Suite
$269-$289
Rack rate
Platinum Card holder
Rpbert1

How did you get "stay more, save more" when the promotion is only for 2010 on the website?

The information on the website is outdated. If you click on the "Stay More, Save More" link on the hotel main page (icon on the left), the page that opens up only lists 2010 dates. However, I just clicked on the "Check Availability" link, punched in my 2011 dates, and voila . . . rooms popped up with the cheaper rates.

January 27th - Feb 3rd 2011
(7 days! plenty of time for DD to see Harry Potter, and me to rest!:rotfl:)

RPR
Standard Queen Room
$153 per night
Stay More, Save More (the reason for 7 nights! -all thanks to info on Dis!)
AJA

Booked today to guarantee my resort...Hopefully a substantial savings will come out when 2011 rates are released!!!

FEB 10 - 13, 2011
Portofino Bay Hotel
Club Level
$394 FEB 10
$499 FEB 11/12
Rack Rate :-)scared1: Hope it comes down!!)
Chimo2u

Thanks to the wonderful info on the Dis :goodvibes I read that Stay more Save more rates are out for our timeframe...a quick call to reservations confirmed it, so here we go:

Feb 10-13, 2011
PBH Club Level 2 Queen
$354.60 per night
Stay More Save More
Chimo2u

Now, just waiting to see if AAA rates will bring it down even further :)

Thanks to the wonderful info on the Dis :goodvibes I read that Stay more Save more rates are out for our timeframe...a quick call to reservations confirmed it, so here we go:

Feb 10-13, 2011
PBH Club Level 2 Queen
$354.60 per night
Stay More Save More
Chimo2u

Now, just waiting to see if AAA rates will bring it down even further :)

We've never stayd at any of the Universal Hotels before but we plan to in March. If we do 3 nights instead of 2, would that qualify for the stay more save more rates? And are those generally better than annual pass discounted rates?

We've never stayd at any of the Universal Hotels before but we plan to in March. If we do 3 nights instead of 2, would that qualify for the stay more save more rates? And are those generally better than annual pass discounted rates?

yes...it's usually a minimum of 3 nights.

it's actually a toss-up. sometimes AP rates are better than stay/save...sometimes not. ya never know...but, luckily, able to change the rate if something better does come up!

Hi Barb, tried to talk Charlotte into going back to PBH next year , but she wanted RPR, so not that bothered as we love both, probably RPR better.

July 16th- 30th
RPR
King Suite
$269-$289
Rack rate
Platinum Card holder
Rpbert1

it's a long vacation....better make the Mrs happy Robert :thumbsup2

don't think we are going next year :guilty: (1 reason I wanted to do the date/rate thread this year)

One way or another, we're going to be on a boat next year. Which...will be great...but I'll miss UO. :sad:

bumping

hope you get it sorted Barb, Still trying to talk lily in to a cruise , but she is having none of it:headache:
planning California & Vegas for 2012, her cousin wanted us back next year, but do not want to overdo it with them, and they get tired of looking after us every year, so spoke to her about maybe every other year, hoping they will come over to us, but they where not keen on Ireland, so maybe her family will come.

tell Ryan congrats from all of us for his achievments, Charlotte does he first grading next month.

Tell her good luck from us ;) I'm sure she'll do great....I'll expect a YouTube video :rolleyes1

As for the trip...maybe on the "every other" year, you's could meet somewhere between and have a trip together? That way, you aren't going half way around the world and neither are they...but you still get a visit in.

:confused3

wiil see if she allows me down for it, and hoping they come to Florida next year for a few days.

9/24/2010
RPR
Garden
$169
APH
4greatboys

10/1/2010
RPR
water
$194/$164
FLOT
4greatboys

10/20/2010
HRH
Standard
$179
APH
4greatboys

Royal Pacific
APH Rate
Oct. 5-10
Waterview- Loews Gold Upgrade
Oct. 5 - 7 at 134., Oct 8 - 9 at 209
kimberlyfamilyfv

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter