Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

This thread has me a little concerned. I rented points through David's for an arrival this upcoming Tuesday. My reservation is for Jambo and when I saw that it wasn't going to be open. I reached out. I was told they haven't heard from the owner and to just arrive at the resort on my reservation. I am very much pro giving people in the hospitality some slack during these times, but now I'm genuinely concerned that I wont have a place to stay when I arrive.

• Wow
Reactions: cm8
This thread has me a little concerned. I rented points through David's for an arrival this upcoming Tuesday. My reservation is for Jambo and when I saw that it wasn't going to be open. I reached out. I was told they haven't heard from the owner and to just arrive at the resort on my reservation. I am very much pro giving people in the hospitality some slack during these times, but now I'm genuinely concerned that I wont have a place to stay when I arrive.

They should move you to Kidani

Have you seen all of the confirmed reservations that are available on David’s website? I’ve never seen so many! Lot of renters want to cancel. I don’t think they’re all going to sell. But the PP has a Thanksgiving reservation. That should help. I hope it works out for them.

The tough part right now is who is going to rent unless they have tickets.

The tough part right now is who is going to rent unless they have tickets.

Maybe people who were going to stay offsite but want to reserve parks sooner..? I think it'd only save them a few days though - there are only a few days between each scenario (resort+tickets, AP w/o resort, ticket only holders). Maybe AP holders that want to book something sooner rather than later?

Maybe people who were going to stay offsite but want to reserve parks sooner..? I think it'd only save them a few days though - there are only a few days between each scenario (resort+tickets, AP w/o resort, ticket only holders). Maybe AP holders that want to book something sooner rather than later?

It would have to be current ticket holders...but if one has no idea when they can buy and if by that time they may not get park days, it would be a risky move,

Now, once ticket sales open up, then they may.

It would have to be current ticket holders...but if one has no idea when they can buy and if by that time they may not get park days, it would be a risky move,

Now, once ticket sales open up, then they may.

Which isn't going to be until later this summer... add on to that he has the "dedicated" reservations kind of buried. I had to search for it and I knew to look... I had no idea it was an option before all this.

Does it say on your MDE if you are still in Jambo? It should say where you are staying. The owner also puts your email address in the booking, so you should get updates. I am not sure what they send to the renter, but David should be able to advise you.

Update on credit card dispute. My stay was at aulani.

I have won my dispute. Filed mid Apri. I am with chase reserve.

Did everything online and never spoke to an agent.
Awesome 👏

I’m so happy you won !!!

Got some questions on what I included

I included the original contract and highlighted the part about the actual refund amount if owner or agent didn’t have accommodations.

Also pointed out no force majeure clause

Also put new voucher terms and how they changed original contract and why they were unacceptable.

Can include this to anyone privately if you need assistance ! It was a long email.

Got some questions on what I included

I included the original contract and highlighted the part about the actual refund amount if owner or agent didn’t have accommodations.

Also pointed out no force majeure clause

Also put new voucher terms and how they changed original contract and why they were unacceptable.

Can include this to anyone privately if you need assistance ! It was a long email.

I’m glad you won your claim.
Did you mail your dispute? I did the online charge dispute on the Chase website and they denied my claim. I plan on resubmitting my dispute.

For those with Chase using the online service - it might be worth your time to call. I got an e-letter from them yesterday asking for me to submit documents related to the claim. This was a little over a month after they had sent me the same letter and I had sent them the relevant documents. Even though I had followed up by secure message to inquire on the status, when speaking with a person on the phone yesterday it turns out that Chase never filed those documents. The person on the phone did that yesterday and they put a temporary credit on the card. So my case is really just starting now, rather than a month ago.

I’m glad you won your claim.
Did you mail your dispute? I did the online charge dispute on the Chase website and they denied my claim. I plan on resubmitting my dispute.

I submitted online. The initial submission has a very limited character limit. So that was just the basic stuff.

I then followed up with a secure message and put in additional details and additional documentation. I believe they allow PDFs in the secure messages so I included the contract and voucher and screenshots of closure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter