Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

Yes I am going to resubmit another claim. I did explain that I didn’t receive services stated on contract and that the new voucher had very different terms and conditions that I could not accept. Davids sent their response with both original contract and the new voucher terms, with them pointing out where they suggested “getting travel” insurance because they had a no “refunds policy,” but that with the voucher they were overly meeting any requirement to customer.
I hope you win your renewed claim!

So, given David's argument against charge backs, he really has ZERO excuse for not paying owners!

"While the COVID19 virus was not on the Horizon when you secured your reservation we were clear on our website, Terms and Conditions that you agreed to, as well as our Rental Agreement that you accepted; we have a No Cancellation/No Refund policy.

We have also advised your party to Purchase Trip Insurance.
2sPJCPdA6WO9kPq9Bb9G_SqFmzxvywTamnqYFhkzbB2k2fYTLgfhVXP-kCr6h82xTMkvHESxgk-GrMU5ZClwB3Mebu5fHIw2HYheEaqSNsAePbtmkgApHucKEvK9shdAFQWrS6gr=s0-d-e1-ft

What a BS!! He is basically lying to CC companies by saying that the contract was non-refundable without adding the section about if no accommodations are available, you get a full refund!! And the bit about I told you to purchase a trip insurance is also disgusting. I can't believe that Chase is declining a refund with only taking his information and not the customer. I have a dispute still pending with Chase, so I will make sure to call them on Monday to let them know what he is doing!! Ugh!!

I know both of our disputes were Initially declined, but that is part of process. You dispute, they contact him, he argues, they side with him, you present your side with evidence...

From this point bank of America visa declined ours again, I called multiple times arguing and they are reviewing again.

I'm still waiting on Citibank MasterCard.

I'm sure they bank on most folks giving up...

What a BS!! He is basically lying to CC companies by saying that the contract was non-refundable without adding the section about if no accommodations are available, you get a full refund!! And the bit about I told you to purchase a trip insurance is also disgusting. I can't believe that Chase is declining a refund with only taking his information and not the customer. I have a dispute still pending with Chase, so I will make sure to call them on Monday to let them know what he is doing!! Ugh!!
When I talked to Chase I kept pointing out that the original contract says my money was in exchange for X room and that room has been cancelled so I'm not getting the services I paid for. I told them about the voucher but that the voucher is not the same terms as the original contract so again, still not getting what I paid for. They did the initial credit to me but I am fully prepared to fight this. David's is so incredibly shady I hope no one uses them again. The funny thing is, I do have travel insurance and did file a claim I haven't heard back on yet. When I found out they were going by trip date vs submission date I decided to start the charge back since my room was cancelled around that same time. Travel insurance said they'd still reimburse whatever I don't get back if I was approved. The charge back is what David's deserves, in my opinion. My argument will stand that he can't enforce anything in the original contract unless I get that exact confirmation number as it is in the contract and that is now impossible.

I would challenge the denied claim since they didn't have all of the correct information from you about the situation. They most likely went on David's stating their " no refunds policy". I am sure David's didn't tell them that the "old" policy you had in your contract only had to do with no refunds if you had defaulted not if the room wasn't available. Also I am sure they didn't tell them they wanted you to sign a new agreement that was different then the original.
Is it beneficial to respond to David's voucher email detailing why it's not acceptable? Then if they try to submit only their email one would have the rebuttal on the same email trail ready to go? Since we now see his hand and see how he's trying to argue it.

Reactions: cm8
4days until checkin and still not cancelled guess DVC is waiting until last minute
Just checking to see if DVC cancelled your reservation prior to today. My rental reservation begins tomorrow and it has not been cancelled yet. I emailed David's yesterday to let them know that is has not been cancelled since I am re-renting the points. If the points are lost then I cannot re-rent and will not be giving the 70% back. Thanks.

Shockingly no I checked this morning still sitting there - my points have not changed but the countdown clock to the next vacation is now showing but the June 15 Resv is still just sitting there if they don’t cancel tonight I’ll have to call them but I’m not cancelling as that would be me breaking the contract and we all know only David is allowed to break his worthless contracts

Shockingly no I checked this morning still sitting there - my points have not changed but the countdown clock to the next vacation is now showing but the June 15 Resv is still just sitting there if they don’t cancel tonight I’ll have to call them but I’m not cancelling as that would be me breaking the contract and we all know only David is allowed to break his worthless contracts
David's just responded to my email and gave me permission to call DVC and have them cancel so the points are not lost. I will call them this afternoon after I finish helping my son with his schoolwork.

DVC just called me about the Resv
Gave me options to cancel or to modify
Informed me the dining plan had already been refunded - hmm I had to call to add how did it get refunded ?? Did Disney do it in their own ??
DVC is returning borrowed points immediately so that will be a problem for me to rent the point again with the borrowing rules oh well nothing I can do about that it is what it is
Very surprised they called as always my experience with Member Service always excellent top notch !!

I just received a call from DVC also about my reservation and asked if I wanted to cancel or modify. I told them to cancel. My points were current use year and banked. I have a July rental also and they asked if I wanted to reallocate the banked points to July. I said yes and MS made the switch. Now to wait and see if the July rental cancels. Service was excellent also.

DVC just called me about the Resv
Gave me options to cancel or to modify
Informed me the dining plan had already been refunded - hmm I had to call to add how did it get refunded ?? Did Disney do it in their own ??
DVC is returning borrowed points immediately so that will be a problem for me to rent the point again with the borrowing rules oh well nothing I can do about that it is what it is
Very surprised they called as always my experience with Member Service always excellent top notch !!

Dining plans were refunded to original form of payment. That was done by Disney...not DVC.

Do renters using David's usually get owners name and contact info?
I only have the owners name on my contracts, but no contact information. Someone reported on a previous page that when their contract was emailed to them, David's forgot to BCC the parties involved so they had the owners' email address, but unfortunately that is not the case for my rentals.

No.

The owners name will be on the contract, however, depending on how common it is, you may be able to find contact information yourself.

Keep in mind that many owners use David’s to rent out points specifically because they do not have to deal with the renter directly and David’s does not encourage this. Any issues you may have should be directed to David’s.

Last edited:
When I talked to Chase I kept pointing out that the original contract says my money was in exchange for X room and that room has been cancelled so I'm not getting the services I paid for. I told them about the voucher but that the voucher is not the same terms as the original contract so again, still not getting what I paid for. They did the initial credit to me but I am fully prepared to fight this. David's is so incredibly shady I hope no one uses them again. The funny thing is, I do have travel insurance and did file a claim I haven't heard back on yet. When I found out they were going by trip date vs submission date I decided to start the charge back since my room was cancelled around that same time. Travel insurance said they'd still reimburse whatever I don't get back if I was approved. The charge back is what David's deserves, in my opinion. My argument will stand that he can't enforce anything in the original contract unless I get that exact confirmation number as it is in the contract and that is now impossible.
I got an initial refund of my money with my CC company back on May 1st for a canceled trip on April 18th-25th through David's. They asked for information up front and I pasted the portion of my original contract stating that I was entitled to a room and if I didn't received said room I was due a full refund. I also gave them all the information including the reservation info and they said they thought that was more than enough to win my dispute. It's now June 16th, the refunded money is still on my credit card (woe is me if one morning I come to check my bank account and see another 4500 dollar charge posted to my credit card) and no word back from my bank since then. They told me that if I was worried about the process not going through to just not spend the refund until end of May. I'm wondering if 45 days is enough at this point. I also never responded in any way to David's email asking me to accept the terms for a credit and that was not mentioned on my claim either.

I got an initial refund of my money with my CC company back on May 1st for a canceled trip on April 18th-25th through David's. They asked for information up front and I pasted the portion of my original contract stating that I was entitled to a room and if I didn't received said room I was due a full refund. I also gave them all the information including the reservation info and they said they thought that was more than enough to win my dispute. It's now June 16th, the refunded money is still on my credit card (woe is me if one morning I come to check my bank account and see another 4500 dollar charge posted to my credit card) and no word back from my bank since then. They told me that if I was worried about the process not going through to just not spend the refund until end of May. I'm wondering if 45 days is enough at this point. I also never responded in any way to David's email asking me to accept the terms for a credit and that was not mentioned on my claim either.
I spoke to Chase again today to get a status update on my disputes. I've spoken to three different Chase reps at this point and two have told me that David's has two billing cycles to respond while a third said he only has 30 days. I'm guessing the two billing cycles is the correct answer.

I spoke to Chase again today to get a status update on my disputes. I've spoken to three different Chase reps at this point and two have told me that David's has two billing cycles to respond while a third said he only has 30 days. I'm guessing the two billing cycles is the correct answer.
So if my dispute information was deemed complete by April 28th, I'd assume two billing cycles is 2 months? At this point I'll just hold my breath until the end of July.

Thanks for that update. I haven't spoken with anyone at Chase, just corresponded electronically and have gotten the "we're looking into it" response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter