Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

I think the ones that have failed so far are because they were submitted too early or they failed to inform their CC company that at the time the intermediary didn't have a policy for vouchers as a method of refunds when they signed the contract. His no refunds policy only had to do if the renter defaulted.

I suspect the same.....that card holders doing chargebacks are not making clear to the CC company that the voucher is offered only upon making a new agreement, with less favourable terms, rather than as a replacement for the initial reservation.

I rented my out points through David's for a trip starting 6/16/20. I was contacted by David's about either refunding the 70% or re-renting my points. I notified David's of my decision and we are waiting for DVC to cancel the reservation. I have been checking daily and it has not been canceled yet. The reservation begins in 6 days. I know I cannot cancel the reservation due to the rental agreement. Should I contact Member Services to inquire about the reservation or just continue to wait? Thank you.

My rented points Resv starts in 5 days still not cancelled I expect it to be cancelled tonight
I’m just letting this play out - I have faith that DVC will cancel and put my points back - now David renting them before DVC returns them to their proper use year not so much faith but that will be his problem

I had a reservation cancelled but the borrowed points were not put back into their original use year, but into the use year they were borrowed into. I hope this will be corrected. Once it is corrected and I know I have my points in the original use year I can decide what to do...

On one reservation (rented) the returning of points took 12 days, on the family reservation it took nearly 20 days.

I had a reservation cancelled but the borrowed points were not put back into their original use year, but into the use year they were borrowed into. I hope this will be corrected. Once it is corrected and I know I have my points in the original use year I can decide what to do...

It says it will take up to 15 days. I needed the points for a wait list so I called and they updated for me immediately.

My rented points Resv starts in 5 days still not cancelled I expect it to be cancelled tonight
I’m just letting this play out - I have faith that DVC will cancel and put my points back - now David renting them before DVC returns them to their proper use year not so much faith but that will be his problem
Thanks for the information. I will continue to wait patiently and hope that the reservation is canceled in the next day or two. Mine are current use year points so they should be returned right away.

I suspect the same.....that card holders doing chargebacks are not making clear to the CC company that the voucher is offered only upon making a new agreement, with less favourable terms, rather than as a replacement for the initial reservation.

I provided highlighted original contract, voucher with terms and brief letter... Still waiting on Citibank MasterCard. So far boa visa corporate card has said no but they have resubmitted again after I was "insistent"... Fingers crossed

I provided highlighted original contract, voucher with terms and brief letter... Still waiting on Citibank MasterCard. So far boa visa corporate card has said no but they have resubmitted again after I was "insistent"... Fingers crossed

Just my update - I submitted to Chase 15 days ago and haven't heard anything, aside from 2 notes that they are really busy and will get back to me.

Just my update - I submitted to Chase 15 days ago and haven't heard anything, aside from 2 notes that they are really busy and will get back to me.
I submitted back on April 19 and still waiting. I think I am close to hearing something soon as they havent gotten back for any additional info or anything. This is with Chase.

4days until checkin and still not cancelled guess DVC is waiting until last minute

Since everyone knows now resorts are closed, I am sure they are in no rush. Many owners are probably canceling and moving on their own since we have dates.

I’m not about to break my contract !! I’ll let David be the one who does that!! I just take screen shots in case for some strange reason DVC misses this and doesn’t cancel but I think they will

I’m not about to break my contract !! I’ll let David be the one who does that!! I just take screen shots in case for some strange reason DVC misses this and doesn’t cancel but I think they will

Absolutely. I wasn’t suggesting you cancel...just maybe why DVC isn’t rushing any more.

Thanks for the information. I will continue to wait patiently and hope that the reservation is canceled in the next day or two. Mine are current use year points so they should be returned right away.
You might even email MS and ask them about returning your borrowed points to the year they were borrowed from. You should get some kind of a response from them.

I submitted back on April 19 and still waiting. I think I am close to hearing something soon as they havent gotten back for any additional info or anything. This is with Chase.
My chase claim got declined last week. I submitted my claim May 7th. They never asked for any documents. Then just last week got the notice saying they found the charge “valid” because of Davids “no refunds policy.”

You can argue... especially if you didn't submit anything
I would challenge the denied claim since they didn't have all of the correct information from you about the situation. They most likely went on David's stating their " no refunds policy". I am sure David's didn't tell them that the "old" policy you had in your contract only had to do with no refunds if you had defaulted not if the room wasn't available. Also I am sure they didn't tell them they wanted you to sign a new agreement that was different then the original.

I would challenge the denied claim since they didn't have all of the correct information from you about the situation. They most likely went on David's stating their " no refunds policy". I am sure David's didn't tell them that the "old" policy you had in your contract only had to do with no refunds if you had defaulted not if the room wasn't available. Also I am sure they didn't tell them they wanted you to sign a new agreement that was different then the original.
Yes I am going to resubmit another claim. I did explain that I didn’t receive services stated on contract and that the new voucher had very different terms and conditions that I could not accept. Davids sent their response with both original contract and the new voucher terms, with them pointing out where they suggested “getting travel” insurance because they had a no “refunds policy,” but that with the voucher they were overly meeting any requirement to customer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter