Day one ..arrive at HRH ...strange experience as usual

sha_lyn

If we couldn't laugh we'd all go insane
Cast of characters... Me34, DD4, DS12.. our second trip/stay at HRH. My sister45 and her daughter 9... first stay at HRH and first trip to US/IOA

First let me say I love the Hard Rock Hotel, but they messed up big time again.
I called Thursday morning before we left just to make sure everything was OK with our reservations since we would not be arriving until midnight. Well after speaking to 4 people I finally thought I had everything worked out so we would get the 2 for 1 southern states special

When we arrived at the hotel check in was smooth and everyone was impressed with the outside of the hotel and the lobby.
The problems started when we tried to get into our room. The keys would not open the doors. After 3 sets of keys and finally getting security to let us in it was after 1 am. There was wine and cheese and fruit waiting for us because the room was comp. for the first night due to problems last yr. There was also a note from the manager that I lost. The front desk called to ask us to move to a new room. My sister was very insistant and was able to get us upgraded to a pool view (and what I thought was a deluxe room but did nto have a sofa in it but was larger than our first room). They also sent up bell service to move us and milk and cookies for the kids. We finally got to bed around 2 am. the upgrade was nice but I would have preferred going to bed at 12:30.
I will include our experience getting tickets on this thread. I went ot concerige desk Frday AM expecting no problem getting the ticket special. Well I was wrong. They were able ot correct the problem in about 10 min and we did get 2 day tickets for $48 a piece.

At that time of night i would have had no patience at all and would have made a big scene!!! I hope the rest of the trip went better but not a good way to start!

the trip was great other than our rough start and my sisters sinus headache on sat. The DIS meet on the 12 really helped make it a great trip

Glad your trip was fun despite the rocky start. If anyone wanted me to move at 1:30 am they would've had to come and pick me up themselves because I would've been sleeping!:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the troubles at the start, but the report is starting out great. :)

I never went ot the machine myself since we got the VIP treatment for our troubles. They brought ice every day when they did the turn down service.

The ice machines worked on the 3rd floor last week and on the 5th floor last august.

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter