Daytona Racing

Claire Chatts

Earning My Ears
Hi!

My husband and I are going to Orlando for the first time on Sept 11 and after reading Simon's book (page for page!!) want to do everything in offer. Obviously in 2 weeks this isn't going to be possible.

Gary (him indoors!) has read about the Daytona racing days where you can be wizzed around the track by a qualified driver at rediculous speeds and is very interested in doing this.

Has anyone ever doen this? Is is worth it? How long is the drive (realistically!) from I-drive and is insurance all included?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Claire, if you're looking at the Richard Petty Driving Experience, which costs around $99/person (from memory) you can actually try that at the Disney Speedway Oval in WDW rather than going all the way to Daytona (about an hour's drive, but pretty easy to find). Of course, if your hubby is a total petrolhead who lives and breathes motor-racing, he will want to see the whole Daytona set-up and the Daytona USA attraction as well!

Hi Claire ~~~Welcome to the UK Dis~~~

I just wanted to say that I have been to Daytona - we didnt do the Racing Experience as we only popped in there on the off-chance at the end of the day - and we are not racing fans, but I have to tell you, stepping out onto the track was a pretty amazing experience! If your hubby is into it - then he would just love it. There is a pretty good Shopping Mall almost opposite too which is always a plus feature in my book!!!!!

Have fun and enjoy

Hmmmm, shopping, it's sounding better!!

Gary has already been on the site, straight after he read about Daytona in Simon's book (Thanks ALOT for that one Simon!!). He is really keen so I think we may be going.

Gary (hubby) said the beach there is nice so we can combine the racing with some lazing, is the beach nice?

Claire

The beach is great provided you're not going at peak times (Spring Break and July) and, seeing as you're not, you should be fine. The Pier area is a bit hokey and old-fashioned but the new Ocean Walk Village next door and the Riverfront Marketplace are both lovely to stroll around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter