DCA Food & Wine Festival 2023 Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Now Updated with Full Menus

So sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but can someone share how the Sip and Savor and ordering works? I've seen folks discuss making a list to ensure that their pass is worth the cost, but, once there... do you order in line at each booth? If so, how are the lines, generally? What else should a first-timer know? Thanks!

You can order any item at any booth and they will give you a receipt to carry from booth to booth as you collect your items.

I always just find the booth with the shortest line to order. Beware some of the PICKUP lines can be super long. You have to wait in line twice. Once to order and pay and again to pick up. So, if is far more efficient to make a list of what you want from each booth and order all at once. You do need to know the name of the booth for each corresponding food or drink item.

For the special items available at the counter service locations, they can only be ordered there.

If you buy the pass, you need to do the math and only use the tabs on items over a certain dollar amount (this year, $7.37 for a full price pass, $6.75 if you got the discount).

You cannot use the tabs for alcoholic drinks.

Also, DO NOT rip the tabs off until you are told to. The pass is kinda annoyingly big and bulky, but you can't tear off the tabs to consolidate them and make it smaller. If they are torn off, they are void. Be careful with storage in a bag...make sure the tabs will not rip off. Best to wear it externally around your neck.

You can order any item at any booth and they will give you a receipt to carry from booth to booth as you collect your items.

I always just find the booth with the shortest line to order. Beware some of the PICKUP lines can be super long. You have to wait in line twice. Once to order and pay and again to pick up. So, if is far more efficient to make a list of what you want from each booth and order all at once. You do need to know the name of the booth for each corresponding food or drink item.

For the special items available at the counter service locations, they can only be ordered there.

If you buy the pass, you need to do the math and only use the tabs on items over a certain dollar amount (this year, $7.37 for a full price pass, $6.75 if you got the discount).

You cannot use the tabs for alcoholic drinks.

Also, DO NOT rip the tabs off until you are told to. The pass is kinda annoyingly big and bulky, but you can't tear off the tabs to consolidate them and make it smaller. If they are torn off, they are void. Be careful with storage in a bag...make sure the tabs will not rip off. Best to wear it externally around your neck.
Wow, this is incredibly helpful. Thank you!

Are you allowed to purchase 2+ of any item on a single pass?

I would just add the caveat that while Disney and the bloggers will advertise this perk, it is not a consistent thing. I have been to many festivals now on both weekends and weekdays, and there are times when they put up signs saying that you need to order at each booth individually. Reasons given when I have asked have run the gamut from the crowds are too big to certain high demand items keep running out before people can claim them to too many CM callouts for the day and so on.

Wow, this is incredibly helpful. Thank you!

Are you allowed to purchase 2+ of any item on a single pass?

As long as they are eligible sip and savor food items and non-alcoholic drinks, there is no limit to how many of the same item you can use your tabs for. You could use all 8 tabs on the same item if it's available. I suppose if something ends up being too popular Disney could put a purchase limit on particular items like they do with the birria tacos at Cocina Cucamonga in DCA, but in that case I would expect it be a blanket limit regardless of form of payment.

I would just add the caveat that while Disney and the bloggers will advertise this perk, it is not a consistent thing. I have been to many festivals now on both weekends and weekdays, and there are times when they put up signs saying that you need to order at each booth individually. Reasons given when I have asked have run the gamut from the crowds are too big to certain high demand items keep running out before people can claim them to too many CM callouts for the day and so on.

As long as they are eligible sip and savor food items and non-alcoholic drinks, there is no limit to how many of the same item you can use your tabs for. You could use all 8 tabs on the same item if it's available. I suppose if something ends up being too popular Disney could put a purchase limit on particular items like they do with the birria tacos at Cocina Cucamonga in DCA, but in that case I would expect it be a blanket limit regardless of form of payment.
Wonderful. Much appreciated!

What do y’all think of the F&W line up this year? https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...california-adventure-food-wine-festival-2023/
A few new items I might try:
  • Petite Burrata: Grilled ciabatta with tomato and olive jam, burrata cheese, pesto, and freeze-dried balsamic (New)
  • Flowers & Bees: Gin, elderflower liqueur, lemon juice, and honey, hibiscus, and lavender syrups garnished with a purple pansy (New) *I’m a crazy garden lady and love my bees. Have to try this but normally not my lane.*
  • Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Flatbread with basil pesto (New)
  • Artichoke Pizzetta: Artichoke and roasted garlic cream cheese with sun-dried tomatoes, pickled onions, and lemon olive oil-drizzled micro greens (New)
I tried all of the above today with a friend. All of the food items were delicious! #Disclaimer I have steered away from the specialty food booths over the past few years as it all looks like mush to me. Especially the Holiday food. Anyway, this was a nice surprise.

Flowers & Bees was a 3/10 for us. I hate that the cocktails are premixed and then sit there as orders are being processed. The drink was too much of a sugar bomb. I wish that it had been more lemon/honey & gin forward with a touch of the other flavors.

I'm at F&W three days next week. If I get a chance I will share more as I go. Hope everyone has fun!

If anyone is at the parks today, can you possibly check if either off the page or near wonderground’s pop up location has a listing of the artists that are doing signings during the festival? I know Jerrod Maruyama and Jasmine Becket-Griffith are going to be there this weekend, but I’m wondering if anyone else is scheduled this weekend.

Heading to the park tomorrow. This is what is posted on the Disneyland website.
  • March 4 and 5, 2023 – Jasmine Becket-Griffith, Jerrod Maruyama
  • March 11 and 12, 2023 – Joel Christopher Payne, Joey Chou, Stacey Aoyama
  • March 18 and 19, 2023 – Ann Shen, Ryan Riller
  • March 25 and 26, 2023 – Ashley Taylor, Larissa Marantz
  • April 1 and 2, 2023 – Fenway Fan, Jerrod Maruyama
  • April 8 and 9, 2023 – Ann Shen, Ashley Taylor
  • April 15 and 16, 2023 – Daniel Killen, Jasmine Becket-Griffith
  • April 22 and 23, 2023 – Bill Robinson, Jerrod Maruyama, Joey Chou

Thank you. I previously posted the Disney link up thread.

So awesome! What a great line up.

I especially love the work of Ann Shen, Ashley Taylor, Bill Robinson & Jerrod Maruyama. I wish Jeremy Fulton was signing this year. Love his art and he’s a great guy.

Have fun today!

Just got back from the park. The two artists were standing at two small round tables at the back of Off the Page. The line for autographs was coming in from the Animation Academy. You purchase inside the store and get in line after. They were selling art, posters and postcards by the other artists that will be there as well. You can buy now and bring items back in the future when the artists are there to sign. As far as signage with a list of artists or schedule, they had a sign at the entrance with a QR code that directed you to the Disney site to see who will be there and when.

Regarding food, we decided not to mess with the crowds and ate on the wharf. Tried the berries and cream bread pudding, the grilled peach toast and the strawberry horchata. The horchata was tasty with lots of cinnamon. The bread pudding was good but I always like their bread pudding. Some of the previous varieties were a little tastier but it was a solid dessert none the less. The peach toast was, in my opinion, a flop. The sourdough toast was yummy but the crust made it difficult to cut. The peaches were hard and cold and the prosciutto had a lot of fat so was difficult to chew. I tried to eat with a fork and knife but had a hard time cutting it. I picked it up in my hand and the whole piece of prosciutto came off in one bite. It photographed well so I’m sure it will be shown in many blogs.

This may be a dumb question, but I haven’t seen any specific mention of this. if we’re mainly interested in the food and drinks at the DCA, is there any difference in what days we go? We are planning on being at the parks on the 22nd and 23rd, so just wondering if it matters which day we do DCA vs. DLR.

This may be a dumb question, but I haven’t seen any specific mention of this. if we’re mainly interested in the food and drinks at the DCA, is there any difference in what days we go? We are planning on being at the parks on the 22nd and 23rd, so just wondering if it matters which day we do DCA vs. DLR.
If you're talking Mar 22 and 23, they are both weekdays with similar hours and probably similar experiences. If you mean Apr 22 and 23, that's the final weekend of the Food and Wine Festival. In that case both will be busy but I'd shoot for Saturday in DCA because one more level of annual pass is blocked, meaning slightly fewer locals who want to eat with you.

PHXscuba

If you're talking Mar 22 and 23, they are both weekdays with similar hours and probably similar experiences. If you mean Apr 22 and 23, that's the final weekend of the Food and Wine Festival. In that case both will be busy but I'd shoot for Saturday in DCA because one more level of annual pass is blocked, meaning slightly fewer locals who want to eat with you.

PHXscuba
Thanks! Sorry, meant April 22/23. I’m hoping the final weekend won’t be too busy, but good advice on the pass holder block.

I was planning on Saturday - we get off our cruise ship that morning, so we figured the shorter day at DCA will be better. Hopefully I can get the DD and DW up and leaving the ship early so we don’t get to DCA too late, but if we get there before 11, I’ll consider myself very lucky!

Thanks! Sorry, meant April 22/23. I’m hoping the final weekend won’t be too busy, but good advice on the pass holder block.

I was planning on Saturday - we get off our cruise ship that morning, so we figured the shorter day at DCA will be better. Hopefully I can get the DD and DW up and leaving the ship early so we don’t get to DCA too late, but if we get there before 11, I’ll consider myself very lucky!
We arrived yesterday just before 11. There seemed to be an unusually long line at the turnstiles. When we got closer, we realized that there was no line. The crowds of people near the turnstiles were waiting until 11 to park hop.

Naples has a fun special event for the Food & Wine Festival. Make your own woodfired pizza with their chefs along with pinot tasting. $50.00 Looks like the first date is sold out. Reservation link

Tortilla Joe's is doing something similar with a Sips and Salsa event. $40.00 Make salsa with their chefs while tequila tasting. They will be serving their world famous (that's what's in the info, ha!) chips & salsa, and taquitos.
Reservation Link

Can someone help me out, when buying a sip and saver pass, are you limited to what you can purchase food wise, such as a selected menu only from each cart, or can you order any food item? I understand alcohol is not available using your pass.

Can someone help me out, when buying a sip and saver pass, are you limited to what you can purchase food wise, such as a selected menu only from each cart, or can you order any food item? I understand alcohol is not available using your pass.
Disney made it super easy this year for the Sip and Savor menu in the app. Click view the guide for the Wine and Food Festival and you see the pic below. Then click the Sip & Savor menu.
View attachment 744786

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter