DDC Fantasy Baseball

Well you can change your line up every day. Should be able to change any player up to the first pitch of their game.

Unless you just can't figure out how to move them from bench to a position...

No I got the moving them in and out part. So basically you can change any position any time and your total score for the week determines win/loss? I guess I'm confused on the match up thing. How do you know if you won?

mm1971 said:
No I got the moving them in and out part. So basically you can change any position any time and your total score for the week determines win/loss? I guess I'm confused on the match up thing. How do you know if you won?

Yes, you can start one player in each position everyday. The only limit is that you can only have 10 starts by pitchers each week. Relief appearances don't count against the 10 start limit. That just applies to a starting pitcher actually starting his game.

The scoring is done so that you have a seven day week against another team. Whichever team has the most points at the end of the week gets a W, the other team gets the L. It is pretty similar to how most fantasy football leagues are done.

AirGoofy said:
Andy, do we need to move a SP to a P for them to count?

No, the P spot just allows for you to start 4 RP, or you can use those slots to start an SP if you have more than 3 on your roster scheduled to make a start on the same day. It doesn't matter where you put them on your roster, it just matters how they're used in the game. It all scores the same way.

No, the P spot just allows for you to start 4 RP, or you can use those slots to start an SP if you have more than 3 on your roster scheduled to make a start on the same day. It doesn't matter where you put them on your roster, it just matters how they're used in the game. It all scores the same way.

So I have no pitchers on the bench. All are either in an SP, P or RP spot. This means that all of them are active the whole time and I will get point if they pitch that day?

I guess I need to go look for another pitcher or two to use when others are not pitching. Already noticed my lack of a back up at 3B. Off to the waiver wire.

So I have no pitchers on the bench. All are either in an SP, P or RP spot. This means that all of them are active the whole time and I will get point if they pitch that day?
::yes::

I guess I need to go look for another pitcher or two to use when others are not pitching. Already noticed my lack of a back up at 3B. Off to the waiver wire.
Definitely. You're allowed to have up to 4 RP and I'd probably try to make sure you have that many. There probably aren't many good closers left to be had, but remember that Holds get points too, so a good set up type reliever is just about as valuable. Having those relievers is a good thing, as long as you find good quality relievers, because they'll have an opportunity to pitch just about every day. As we've said about starters, you can have up to 10 starts per week, so while you're probably not going to be able to get to 10 starts most week, you'll want to get around 6 - 8 or so. Right now I have 4 RP and 6 SP on my team.

As far as position players goes, I basically have a starter for each position, and I try to find guys who are 1B/3B eligible and 2B/SS eligible so that I can plug them in without using too many bench spots. They aren't always the best bat available there, but it does give you a lot more offensive flexibility. I'm just sharing what I do though, because everyone has their own system, so I'm sure you'll get differing opinions from others.

::yes::

Definitely. You're allowed to have up to 4 RP and I'd probably try to make sure you have that many. There probably aren't many good closers left to be had, but remember that Holds get points too, so a good set up type reliever is just about as valuable. Having those relievers is a good thing, as long as you find good quality relievers, because they'll have an opportunity to pitch just about every day. As we've said about starters, you can have up to 10 starts per week, so while you're probably not going to be able to get to 10 starts most week, you'll want to get around 6 - 8 or so. Right now I have 4 RP and 6 SP on my team.

As far as position players goes, I basically have a starter for each position, and I try to find guys who are 1B/3B eligible and 2B/SS eligible so that I can plug them in without using too many bench spots. They aren't always the best bat available there, but it does give you a lot more offensive flexibility. I'm just sharing what I do though, because everyone has their own system, so I'm sure you'll get differing opinions from others.

I'm using the "cross my finger and hope" strategy.:rotfl2::rotfl2: Actually my DS will help me. he was :mad: that I didn't let him draft the players in the first place.

That was a weird game against the Dingers, first 3 days built an 80+ point lead then was a few points behind after the next 3 days before pulling it out yesterday.

That was a weird game against the Dingers, first 3 days built an 80+ point lead then was a few points behind after the next 3 days before pulling it out yesterday.

Yeah, I'm still getting the hang of this substitution thing. Missed a day in there where I should have made a few changes. Congrats on the win. Now off to find another pitcher.:lmao::lmao:

Well, there will tend to be big swings in the score depending on when pitchers are played. A pitcher having a great game can score almost as much in one day as your batters on a normal day. If you have pitchers going early in the week and they just have a so/so outing and the team you're playing against has their pitchers go late in the week and they do well, a lead will disappear in a hurry.

Well, there will tend to be big swings in the score depending on when pitchers are played. A pitcher having a great game can score almost as much in one day as your batters on a normal day. If you have pitchers going early in the week and they just have a so/so outing and the team you're playing against has their pitchers go late in the week and they do well, a lead will disappear in a hurry.

even on the very last day. :headache:

In case you guys haven't noticed, my team stinks. Starting to feel like the Cubs.

Man! The Platypus division sure looks like it is going to be a tight race, with teams knocking each other off:worried: I have blew one game by not keeping an eye on days my SPs pitch, trying not to let it happen again:)

Man! The Platypus division sure looks like it is going to be a tight race, with teams knocking each other off:worried: I have blew one game by not keeping an eye on days my SPs pitch, trying not to let it happen again:)

Just can't seem to squeak another win out. Always seems like I lose it on Sunday. I think I need to scour the waiver wire for pitchers in a Sunday rotation.:rotfl2::rotfl2: Started out so well too.

Congrats to JMWest, getting their first "W":thumbsup2

Nice W. Now get in the game and do it again.:thumbsup2 Just not if you play the Dingers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter