DDC XX - The Quest for More Bacon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a jump on the mayhem I see.
Nice call, and good work on the new place…

As usual.

Thanks again Don :thumbsup2

Thanks! I needed to get this done today since I'll be on the road most of the day tomorrow and in Myrtle Beach for a week. Much easier doing this from home then elsewhere! :goodvibes

Don - you need to rename this thread. The Quest for more bacon sounds cooler.

Ohhhh... me likey. Done.

Who's the leader of the club
That's made for you and me!
M-I-C-K-E-Y
M-O-U-S-E!

Hey, there!
Hi, there!
Ho, there!
Your're as welcome as can be!
M-I-C-K-E-Y
M-O-U-S-E!

Mickey Mouse!(donald duck)mickey mouse!(donald duck)
forever let us hold our banner high
(high! high! high!)

Come along and sing the song
ans join the jamboree!
M-I-C-K-E-Y
M-O-U-S-E!

mickey mouse club!
mickey mouse club!
we'll have fun, we'll meet new faces
we'll do things and we'll go places
all around the world we're marching

yeah, mickey!
yeah, mickey!
yeah, mickey mouse club!
Yeah!

Thanks! I needed to get this done today since I'll be on the road most of the day tomorrow and in Myrtle Beach for a week. Much easier doing this from home then elsewhere! :goodvibes

Cool! If I’ve been paying proper attention, I do believe that there are several of ya’ headdin’ down there around now. Y’all have along our chunk of the coastline.

If I wasn’t rather busy, the next several days, I’d have tried to get down there for a meet or two. It figures… next weekend I’ll actually be in the Williamsburg area, but we’ll be moving so fast that I don’t think a meet could have happened even if y’all were in town

Who's the leader of the club
That's made for you and me!
M-I-C-K-E-Y
M-O-U-S-E!

Hey, there!
Hi, there!
Ho, there!
Your're as welcome as can be!
M-I-C-K-E-Y
M-O-U-S-E!

Mickey Mouse!(donald duck)mickey mouse!(donald duck)
forever let us hold our banner high
(high! high! high!)

Come along and sing the song
ans join the jamboree!
M-I-C-K-E-Y
M-O-U-S-E!

mickey mouse club!
mickey mouse club!
we'll have fun, we'll meet new faces
we'll do things and we'll go places
all around the world we're marching

yeah, mickey!
yeah, mickey!
yeah, mickey mouse club!
Yeah!

Would you all please stand and raise your Dole Whips for our National Anthem…

Cool! If I’ve been paying proper attention, I do believe that there are several of ya’ headdin’ down there around now. Y’all have along our chunk of the coastline.

If I wasn’t rather busy, the next several days, I’d have tried to get down there for a meet or two. It figures… next weekend I’ll actually be in the Williamsburg area, but we’ll be moving so fast that I don’t think a meet could have happened even if y’all were in town

Would loved to have met ya! I think we all understand that busy you are talking about. A natural nemesisisisis! :mad:

Actually... Next weekend (Sunday) we will be at Busch Gardens for a concert that night. Any chance you are heading there? Not sure when we are heading up, but I could sneak away for an hour while there.

Would loved to have met ya! I think we all understand that busy you are talking about. A natural nemesisisisis! :mad:

Actually... Next weekend (Sunday) we will be at Busch Gardens for a concert that night. Any chance you are heading there? Not sure when we are heading up, but I could sneak away for an hour while there.

Actually…
We are likely to be at Busch on 24th, so that may be very possible.
:scratchin

Hey guys. I see Barry's already befouled the thread. I think it's definitely appropriate that we get a new thread on the Friday before Father's Day!

Been to Busch Gardens Tampa...

How does it compare to Bush Gardens Williamsburg?

BGW is our home park... but we visited BGT last year to see what the difference was. The biggest difference is the terrain. BGW is very "hilly", whereas BGT is, well, FLAT. Walking around all day at BGT is a breeze compared to navigating the hills of BGW.
As for rides... all the heavy hitters are pretty much mirrored at both parks. (ie. Griffon = SheiKra, Alpengeist = Montu, Apollo - Kumba, etc.). Although Gwazi really beat me up!

As for theming, they couldn't be any further apart. Africa vs England. I love both! but I have to give props to BGW for being so clean and well maintained. It's no wonder it's been named the #1 most beautiful theme park in the world!

If you have any specific questions about differences, let me know ;)

Wow, I thought the old thread grew more than normal overnight... I guess now I know why.

Been to Busch Gardens Tampa...

How does it compare to Bush Gardens Williamsburg?
Been to both, love the coasters at both.

BGW is our home park... but we visited BGT last year to see what the difference was. The biggest difference is the terrain. BGW is very "hilly", whereas BGT is, well, FLAT. Walking around all day at BGT is a breeze compared to navigating the hills of BGW.
As for rides... all the heavy hitters are pretty much mirrored at both parks. (ie. Griffon = SheiKra, Alpengeist = Montu, Apollo - Kumba, etc.). Although Gwazi really beat me up!

As for theming, they couldn't be any further apart. Africa vs England. I love both! but I have to give props to BGW for being so clean and well maintained. It's no wonder it's been named the #1 most beautiful theme park in the world!

If you have any specific questions about differences, let me know ;)
Don's statement is accurate, especially that part about Gwazi. Great wooden coaster, but it's definitely a rough one.

I think of the 2, I'd probably lean a little bit towards favoring Williamsburg. It is just a really nice park with some terrain and trees. It feels more like the attractions were placed around the land and trees that were already there, rather than a typical park where everything is cleared and built back up. There was a coaster called Big Bad Wolf that was great at using those features. It ran up and down hillsides, through trees and out over the water. It kind of reminded me of my all time favorite coaster, The Beast, in the way that it used the woods and terrain to make it part of the ride. I saw somewhere that Big Bad Wolf is gone now... that's a shame.:sad2:

Been to both, love the coasters at both.

Don's statement is accurate, especially that part about Gwazi. Great wooden coaster, but it's definitely a rough one.

I think of the 2, I'd probably lean a little bit towards favoring Williamsburg. It is just a really nice park with some terrain and trees. It feels more like the attractions were placed around the land and trees that were already there, rather than a typical park where everything is cleared and built back up. There was a coaster called Big Bad Wolf that was great at using those features. It ran up and down hillsides, through trees and out over the water. It kind of reminded me of my all time favorite coaster, The Beast, in the way that it used the woods and terrain to make it part of the ride. I saw somewhere that Big Bad Wolf is gone now... that's a shame.:sad2:

Yes... Big Bad Wolf is gone. They just opened Verbolten in it's place. Haven't been on it yet, but plan to soon. They also have a new drop tower.... called Mach Tower.

Yes... Big Bad Wolf is gone. They just opened Verbolten in it's place. Haven't been on it yet, but plan to soon. They also have a new drop tower.... called Mach Tower.

I liked Drachen Fire too. That's how long it has been since I was there. Do they have anything where it used to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter