DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning brethren from a wet and wintry London. Finally got into gatwick about 1040, but the firm has a nice kicker that if you land after 9pm they pay for a car home. Coronavirus is taking up a lot of my time right now. I was at Euroshop week before last and the China stalls were absolutely desolate. Particularly one called "Wuhan Bros". It might be time for them to consider rebranding. And maybe Corona beer.

:welcome: to the DISdads!
I know your game, fella. You set me up with a welcome and then some muscled, keto ripped Adonis rinses me for about 850 dole whips.
And then you split the pot. I'm on to you, sunshine.

Morning gents. Anyone affected by the twisters in Nashville? Or anyone have any first-hand experience (family/friend/acquaintance) with COVID-19?
Yep. Sister in Law is in self isolation. We have had pretty much all international travel shut down unless a VP signs it off, I was on 4 calls yesterday with sites that I am supposed to be in next week where confirmed cases have been identified and working through what the protocol is, and I have around 6 million dollars worth of shop fixtures in a 6 week delay.

And my mum keeps nagging me about anti bacterial stuff. Which is probably the worst part of it.

What was the twister? You all right over there Mikey?

Coronavirus is taking up a lot of my time right now. I was at Euroshop week before last and the China stalls were absolutely desolate. Particularly one called "Wuhan Bros". It might be time for them to consider rebranding. And maybe Corona beer.

Could be the most unfortunate company name since the Lost Puppy Meat Co.

Morning, gents. Been a long day so far... but luckily, it's going to get longer.
Got up early because DW didn't want to inconvenience the kid to get up 10 minutes early to take the dog in for grooming. Sure, she drives right past it, but... it's only an hour out of my way.
Had the pleasure of shoveling for 45 minutes before all that, so that was fun. Now I have to go in early to work because our supervisor took a vacation and this weekend is the time change and I guess he forgot... someone has to change the database. And I'm the only other person who knows how.

Sorry... not particularly pleased today.

Coronavirus is taking up a lot of my time right now. I was at Euroshop week before last and the China stalls were absolutely desolate. Particularly one called "Wuhan Bros".
:rolleyes1
I know your game, fella. You set me up with a welcome and then some muscled, keto ripped Adonis rinses me for about 850 dole whips.
Nah. I'll cut you a great deal. You only have to supply half of the normal amount... and I'll even do the legwork for you. Just send the cash and I'll take care of it.
I am nothing if not benevolent.
Yep. Sister in Law is in self isolation.
Oh! How is she feeling?
We have had pretty much all international travel shut down unless a VP signs it off, I was on 4 calls yesterday with sites that I am supposed to be in next week where confirmed cases have been identified and working through what the protocol is, and I have around 6 million dollars worth of shop fixtures in a 6 week delay.
Yikes!
So... that's a "yes", then.

If I'd been at the naming meeting when they changed Corona to COVID-19, I would have at least floated the idea that it was changed to the Modelo virus, just to really stick the knife in. Just for giggles when we rang the CEO of the beer company in a "We've got some good news, and some not so great news" kind of way.
Oh! How is she feeling?
Fine, she tested negative but was exposed to it via another parent in a meeting. That's the big man upstairs telling us not to bother with volunteering.
Nah. I'll cut you a great deal. You only have to supply half of the normal amount... and I'll even do the legwork for you. Just send the cash and I'll take care of it.
I am nothing if not benevolent.
INteresting....

And we made it to Thursday. Youngest had dentist appointment, so I burned a sick day to drive her for the 30 minute visit. That will be my next challenge to figure out once I finally have a retirement date. I'll have around 30 sick days to use or lose.

Afternoon gents! Those tornado that came through Nashville the other night has devastated some areas. Prayers go out to those who lost loved ones, a bit too close for my liking. Wish me luck as I will be rope dropping HS Sunday morning so will be one of the first to RD HS with Galaxies Edge, TSL and M&MRR. Plan is to RD Slinky and get boarding pass for ROTR with Breakfast at Oga's Cantina and FP+ for RNR, TSM and Millenium Falcon.
We have a FP+ for M&MRR later in the week and will RD this on a weekday when we have FP+ for SDD.

I saw where a lot of people were hit hard there in Nashville. Glad you were ok.

Have a great trip. That's a lot planned for DHS - enjoy.

Thanks for clarifying

::yes::

I love Honest Trailers. Can't remember if I watched the Endgame one or not, but some of them are hysterical.

I follow them on FB, and it's easy to get on a roll and watch several consecutively.

I followed that until you mentioned muscled ripped Adonis. I'm thinking about using the sharpie to draw some abs onto my big belly. Think that will fool them? :lmao::scared1:

And my mum keeps nagging me about anti bacterial stuff. Which is probably the worst part of it.

Yeah, the anti-bacterial stuff is great in viruses. :sad2:

Gotta be worse when the Chinese restaurant builds next to the pet store.

Morning, gents. Been a long day so far... but luckily, it's going to get longer.
Got up early because DW didn't want to inconvenience the kid to get up 10 minutes early to take the dog in for grooming. Sure, she drives right past it, but... it's only an hour out of my way.
Had the pleasure of shoveling for 45 minutes before all that, so that was fun. Now I have to go in early to work because our supervisor took a vacation and this weekend is the time change and I guess he forgot... someone has to change the database. And I'm the only other person who knows how.

I'm surprised you're off work long enough for the personal errand.

Look at you, trying to apply logic to a discussion like that. It's cute.

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

If I'd been at the naming meeting when they changed Corona to COVID-19, I would have at least floated the idea that it was changed to the Modelo virus, just to really stick the knife in. Just for giggles when we rang the CEO of the beer company in a "We've got some good news, and some not so great news" kind of way.

Somewhere, the Most Interesting Man In The World is smiling.

And we made it to Thursday. Youngest had dentist appointment, so I burned a sick day to drive her for the 30 minute visit. That will be my next challenge to figure out once I finally have a retirement date. I'll have around 30 sick days to use or lose.

Sounds like some mental health days coming up.

Gotta be worse when the Chinese restaurant builds next to the pet store.

Oh, like that would ever happen!

People here are traditionally sick on Fridays and Mondays right before they retire.

Last edited:
That will be my next challenge to figure out once I finally have a retirement date. I'll have around 30 sick days to use or lose.
I vote "use them".
I followed that until you mentioned muscled ripped Adonis. I'm thinking about using the sharpie to draw some abs onto my big belly. Think that will fool them? :lmao::scared1:
Image result for wire fence 6 pack muscles funny

I'm surprised you're off work long enough for the personal errand.
Makes two of us.
Big changes coming, though.
Look at you, trying to apply logic to a discussion like that. It's cute.
:lmao:
Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
:rolleyes1

Top O the Mornin Dads! So as we try to get through the aftermath of the tornadoes, the coronavirus reported in Tennessee is in the county we live. Schools closed today and Monday for sanitation clean as they implemented the protocol for when there is a certain % out with the flu. This thing has been giving me nightmares trying to manage our supply chain as we are global and manufacture and source products out of China. Heading down to DaWorld tomorrow with the boy so gonna be nice to get away for a bit - despite things like bread service at sit down restaurants being removed :-)
What was the twister? You all right over there Mikey?
Thanks, doing o.k. but 25 lives lost. One was an E4 with winds of 175 mph and another traveled on ground for almost 50 miles

Top O the Mornin Dads! So as we try to get through the aftermath of the tornadoes, the coronavirus reported in Tennessee is in the county we live. Schools closed today and Monday for sanitation clean as they implemented the protocol for when there is a certain % out with the flu. This thing has been giving me nightmares trying to manage our supply chain as we are global and manufacture and source products out of China. Heading down to DaWorld tomorrow with the boy so gonna be nice to get away for a bit - despite things like bread service at sit down restaurants being removed :-)

You'll just have to supplement that lack of bread with more beer!

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Morning, gents.

the coronavirus reported in Tennessee is in the county we live. Schools closed today and Monday for sanitation clean as they implemented the protocol for when there is a certain % out with the flu.
Huh! Didn't know there was a protocol for that. Wonder how effective it is. Thinking... not much.
This thing has been giving me nightmares trying to manage our supply chain as we are global and manufacture and source products out of China.
Ouch. Yeah, I bet.
Heading down to DaWorld tomorrow with the boy so gonna be nice to get away for a bit
Have a great trip!
despite things like bread service at sit down restaurants being removed :-)
No bread service? Why?

Happy Friday. Drive the kid to school, 30 minute workout, went to the office and got all my work done, went grocery shopping, home for a load of laundry, and made a shrimp & cheese omelet. Been a great day except shrimp in the omelet.

Tennis later with dd. Been scouting her competition, at least the local teams. She has a good chance for #1 in the region. Should be a fun season.

Sounds like some mental health days coming up

People here are traditionally sick on Fridays and Mondays right before they retire.

I see a similar type of illness. I was planning a sick day on meeting days.

I vote "use them".

The only way anyone will ever be able to see my abs. :lmao::scared1::sad2:

My suggestions for dealing with Coronavirus...Wash your hands. Don't pick your nose. Eat right, stay hydrated and get plenty of rest. Avoid being around sick people. Maybe I should be the new WHO coordinator for dealing with this.

My suggestions for dealing with Coronavirus...Wash your hands. Don't pick your nose. Eat right, stay hydrated and get plenty of rest. Avoid being around sick people. Maybe I should be the new WHO coordinator for dealing with this.
Pretty sure the WHO coordinator would say exactly the same thing.

Well.. mixed feeling day in MarkLT1-land. We are supposed to set sail on the Fantasy on April 4th. It is to be a big celebration cruise for us- my parents 42nd anniversary, my wife and I's 15th anniversary, and both of our boys' birthdays while we are onboard.

The unfortunate part is my dad- he is 84, and finished lymphoma treatment about a year ago. He is also missing half a lung from an accident when he was in his 40s. While most people can weather COVID-19 without much issue, he is in about the highest risk group there is (according the the WHO data, someone with is kind of conditions has a mortality rate well above the averages, estimates that go up into the double digits percent). He had a chat with both his primary care doc and oncologist today, and both said while the likelihood of him catching it is relatively low (though increasing daily), the outcomes if he did would likely be devastating. When he brought up the flu, and that risk, the response was "you have the flu vaccine which mitigates the risk significantly" and followed up with "And we know how to treat the flu for people in your shoes.. and the data shows those same treatments aren't working well for susceptible people with COVID." They were strongly encouraging him to be cautious over the next few months, just around here (we learned about our first COVID patient in our state today), let alone traveling by airport/plane and on a cruise ship.

Luckily, DCL is now offering the ability to reschedule your cruise with no penalty, so we'll be doing that- putting down a deposit on a November cruise that coincides with kids being off school. We'll wait it out for a couple weeks before we officially cancel, just in case there is some miraculous turnaround with the spread of this bug. I think it is two fold- my dad is at much higher risk, and so we'd probably be worrying the entire trip, which would be no fun. And ultimately, if we decided to go through the whole airport/cruise ship thing, which would put him at higher risk, and he did get it.. it most definitely would not be worth it.

So on one hand, I'm quite disappointed.. this was going to be an amazing cruise and we've been planning it for 2-years. On the other hand, I am very relieved, as we'll just postpone it several months, and hopefully by that time, we wont have to be worrying about potential outcomes for my dad, so we wont be "looking over our shoulder" for the whole trip.

Also, VERY thankful it was going to be a surprise for the kids. They have no idea what they'll likely be missing out on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter