DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I am sooo ready for the weekend. Wifey started her new job last week, and is away at a conference/summit the last half of this week through Saturday. The transition from her being a full-time stay at home mom, to working has been great.. however her being away for the last 3 days has been a bit tough on the kiddos (and by extension, me). Looking forward to her coming home, and really getting into a new routine.

I'm not sure what the panic is all about. Did Trump or Obama or someone else tell us to be afraid?

I am by no means "afraid" of this bug. Just seeing the panic buying going on in Italy right now.. if we start to see things heat up here, I'm guessing there could be similar issues. Frankly, I'm glad I got in front of it a bit, so that I need not worry at all if there are a few weeks with scarce groceries on shelves. Plus, it is all stuff we'll eat anyway.. Once it all blows over, I wont need to pick up frozen veggies for a month or so, as we work our way through the reserves ;) .

She will be so happy, I'll get ...

... time watching TV with her. :lmao::sad2:
Oh man... how I get this.
That's why I add load management during the week.
So... sorry for the ignorance.., I’ve seen you mention that before. Is that a euphemism for goofing off? Or an actual work thing?
I am by no means "afraid" of this bug. Just seeing the panic buying going on in Italy right now.. if we start to see things heat up here, I'm guessing there could be similar issues. Frankly, I'm glad I got in front of it a bit, so that I need not worry at all if there are a few weeks with scarce groceries on shelves. Plus, it is all stuff we'll eat anyway.. Once it all blows over, I wont need to pick up frozen veggies for a month or so, as we work our way through the reserves ;) .
Yep with the chance of contracting it around 0.1% and the survival rate above 80%...

yeah, just not that worried.

What is this Friday you speak of? This is day 2 of 5. My Friday 4pm is your Sunday 7am.
I used to look forward to Fridays.
But now I can relate to your comment all too well.
Today is my day 4 of 14. I have another ten days before I get to Friday (which is on Tuesday March 10th at 9:00pm....***? But hey, it lasts for a week)
At least I am awake in the daylight this time.

Morning, folks.
Saw this in my inbox when I got to work this morning and thought I'd share.
Thank you for posting that. Seriously.477544

For any guys who don't know, Gander is about a 3 hour drive from where I live.
I have flown into the airport only once but was instantly struck by its retro-coolness.
I haven't spent a lot of time in the town itself, usually just drive through and maybe stop for a meal.
I did visit their aviation museum (yes, it has a small one) and I saw that piece of World Trade Center steel with my own eyes. Very moving story.

Thank you for posting that. Seriously.
You're welcome. :)
For any guys who don't know, Gander is about a 3 hour drive from where I live.
I have flown into the airport only once but was instantly struck by its retro-coolness.
I haven't spent a lot of time in the town itself, usually just drive through and maybe stop for a meal.
I did visit their aviation museum (yes, it has a small one) and I saw that piece of World Trade Center steel with my own eyes. Very moving story.
I'd like to take a gander at it some day...

Okay, lousy pun. But I definitely am interested in seeing the Rock some day. Not sure if I'll want Screech and have no real desire or need to kiss a cod, though.

Happy Saturday. Back in vacation planning mode. 3 days out of booking October trip & flights. Both are available today, but tick tick tick ...... I'm keeping more than my fingers crossed.

Afternoon boys and welcome to Friday! @londontime hoping all is o.k. with you and yours. Randall & Darcy enjoy your cruise. As for the rest of you, bacon, dole whips, bourbon and Disney+ for the weekend - cheers!

Enjoy your upcoming trip as well.

My aunt lives in Rome. She said it's not like that there where she is, which is a good thing.

Oh man... how I get this.

So... sorry for the ignorance.., I’ve seen you mention that before. Is that a euphemism for goofing off? Or an actual work thing?

It's my formal name goofing off. Lebron James called himself sitting out of games as "load management". So, that's a good enough euphemism for me. Plus, I'm salary, out-stationed, and all my work is done. I actually have only two work emails in my inbox with projects that need to be edited, one of which can't be edited until someone else finishes their part.

My aunt lives in Rome. She said it's not like that there where she is, which is a good thing.

Absolutely a good thing. I think most of the grocery store runs have been in northern Italy, nearer to the outbreak. (Un?)fortunately, I live in a somewhat rural town, and we've even seen multi-day runs on grocery stores with incoming snow storms (good lord.. we are in Minnesota.. you'd think people would realize that a snow storm doesn't necessitate clearing out a grocery store). But it happens. And as I said, after this blows over, I wont need to worry about buying frozen veggies for a while ;).

Morning, boys.

One hour to go and then some sleep. Breakfast first, though, I think.
Happy Sunday... Your Monday is the start of (maybe) a three day weekend for me.
So I suspect we might be looking forward to it a bit differently.

It's my formal name goofing off. Lebron James called himself sitting out of games as "load management". So, that's a good enough euphemism for me.
Ah! Yeah, that works!

Not sure if I'll want Screech and have no real desire or need to kiss a cod, though.
Confession: I have never had a straight shot of Screech. Had it mixed with cola a few times, but it's not my favourite rum.
There is a non-alcoholic/children's version where you take a shot of Purity syrup (I can see you googling Purity syrup now)
In a case where a cod fish is not available, it is also acceptable to kiss a stuffed puffin's backside. We're a classy bunch.

Happy Sunday. 2 more days to 7 month booking window. Rooms & flights still available. Tick...tick...tick

Absolutely a good thing. I think most of the grocery store runs have been in northern Italy, nearer to the outbreak. (Un?)fortunately, I live in a somewhat rural town, and we've even seen multi-day runs on grocery stores with incoming snow storms (good lord.. we are in Minnesota.. you'd think people would realize that a snow storm doesn't necessitate clearing out a grocery store). But it happens. And as I said, after this blows over, I wont need to worry about buying frozen veggies for a while ;).

Snow is cause for panic here. My town in Kentucky has about 65,000 people. When there is a forecast for snow, school is cancelled the next day and the locusts hit the grocery stores because they may be stranded hours before the snow melts away. Surprised there isn't more looting.

Confession: I have never had a straight shot of Screech. Had it mixed with cola a few times, but it's not my favourite rum.
There is a non-alcoholic/children's version where you take a shot of Purity syrup (I can see you googling Purity syrup now)
In a case where a cod fish is not available, it is also acceptable to kiss a stuffed puffin's backside. We're a classy bunch.

Confession. I've never heard of screech, other than the character from the tv show Saved by the Bell.

Well, there you go. I don't like rum... so...
you take a shot of Purity syrup (I can see you googling Purity syrup now)
:laughing: I did!
In a case where a cod fish is not available, it is also acceptable to kiss a stuffed puffin's backside.
I think I'd prefer the cod.

But, I'll just remain a "visitor" as opposed to a full fledged Newfie.

Time for my annual reminder....March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month. New recommendations call for first screening at 45 rather than 50. My "Happy 50th Birthday Screening" saved my life. Went in without any symptoms and not expecting any issues and woke up to the MD telling SWMBO about a large mass. It was 5 years ago today I was released from the hospital after having the right 1/3 of my colon removed. Still doing well by the grace of God. The prep for your screening is not pleasant but I've felt worse with some stomach bugs and not for such a good reason. The procedure itself was the best sleep I had in years! If you don't get screeened for yourself, do it for the ones depending on you when you reach the age. If you are under the age of screening but things aren't right get it checked out. Don't let them tell you colon cancer is an old person disease. Colon cancer is rates are rising fastest in the under 50 age group.

Morning, Gents! Well, it's another Monday and another work week. For me? That means a new position at work, in an actual cubicle....with my back to the people walking around, my old desk was great for getting online. This means that I won't be able to get on during the day, so I'll have to post early in the morning before I leave for the day and respond after work. At least I'm still working. Well, I gotta get going. I have some emails to write and lunches to get ready. Have a good day, gents, and we'll chat later.

I'll just remain a "visitor"
That would be a "come from away"
Would love to see you visit one day.

Morning, Gents! Well, it's another Monday and another work week. For me? That means a new position at work, in an actual cubicle....with my back to the people walking around, my old desk was great for getting online. This means that I won't be able to get on during the day, so I'll have to post early in the morning before I leave for the day and respond after work. At least I'm still working. Well, I gotta get going. I have some emails to write and lunches to get ready. Have a good day, gents, and we'll chat later.
Good luck with the new role.

Confession. I've never heard of screech, other than the character from the tv show Saved by the Bell.
If you have time, the below link will tell you everything you wanted to know about Screech.

But here is the basics. "Screech is a type of rum popular in Newfoundland and Labrador. It was originally a Demerara rum (a type of rum made in Guyana in South America) that was imported to Newfoundland as part of the triangular trade that sent salted codfish down to the British West Indies to help feed the slaves in the Caribbean and Americas."

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/screech

Morning gents.
Day off!
Guess what I'm doing?????
Going to work for a Union meeting! :lmao:

This means that I won't be able to get on during the day, so I'll have to post early in the morning before I leave for the day and respond after work.
I always find it amusing how almost all of us (maybe all of us) tend to DIS while we're working. :laughing:
At least I'm still working.
:thumbsup2
That would be a "come from away"
::yes::

Seen that play twice. :)
Would love to see you visit one day.
Me too!

Good luck with the new role.

Thanks! And yes, I'm online during work. Turns out I'm at my old desk for a couple of days, and while I'm on break I can still get online.

I always find it amusing how almost all of us (maybe all of us) tend to DIS while we're working. :laughing:

Right?! Yeah, I'm online. Turns out I'm at my old desk for a couple of days for a project, so I'll be able to get online from time to time.

Trip #2 is booked. Sadly, OKW was missing a few days, and I just really don't like split stays. So, I booked a week at SSR and will waitlist OKW. Both similar resorts, but OKW is way points cheaper. Now, we have 12 days booked in July and a week in October, booked flights, booked Wild Africa Trek, and still need to buy APs. We will spend more on vacation without ever going there. :lmao::sad2:

Had to travel to University cite in different time zone, so I'm here an hour and 15 minutes early. Ugh. I'll wait and then proclaim the meeting could have been handled via email. As I sit here in the cafeteria waiting, I can tell who are staff and who are students. Apparently, that 1 hour lunch break is just considered a guideline.

Time for my annual reminder....March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month. New recommendations call for first screening at 45 rather than 50. My "Happy 50th Birthday Screening" saved my life. Went in without any symptoms and not expecting any issues and woke up to the MD telling SWMBO about a large mass. It was 5 years ago today I was released from the hospital after having the right 1/3 of my colon removed. Still doing well by the grace of God. The prep for your screening is not pleasant but I've felt worse with some stomach bugs and not for such a good reason. The procedure itself was the best sleep I had in years! If you don't get screeened for yourself, do it for the ones depending on you when you reach the age. If you are under the age of screening but things aren't right get it checked out. Don't let them tell you colon cancer is an old person disease. Colon cancer is rates are rising fastest in the under 50 age group.

Glad you are still with us. I guess I'm do for a screening. I'm sure we all agree having a large tube shoved up there sounds like wonderful Friday night fun. But, it's the nasty liquid drink preparation that has me worried.

Any chance you can move your desk or rearrange to hide the monitor?

If you have time, the below link will tell you everything you wanted to know about Screech.

But here is the basics. "Screech is a type of rum popular in Newfoundland and Labrador. It was originally a Demerara rum (a type of rum made in Guyana in South America) that was imported to Newfoundland as part of the triangular trade that sent salted codfish down to the British West Indies to help feed the slaves in the Caribbean and Americas."

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/screech

Interesting. Not a big rum guy, but if you're buying, then I'm drinking.

Morning gents.
Day off!

I guess you'll get all the time off when you're dead. Or, maybe they will still call you back in to work.

Thanks! And yes, I'm online during work. Turns out I'm at my old desk for a couple of days, and while I'm on break I can still get online.

Right?! Yeah, I'm online. Turns out I'm at my old desk for a couple of days for a project, so I'll be able to get online from time to time.

I'm online with my phone. It's always available.

Morning gents.
Day off!

Meetings. Because none of us is as unproductive as all of us.

Everybody needs a break, right? I have far less time at a computer at home than at work. Sometimes I check in over the weekend, but on a mobile device it's usually harder to respond. So I just wait for work days.

Trip #2 is booked. Sadly, OKW was missing a few days, and I just really don't like split stays. So, I booked a week at SSR and will waitlist OKW. Both similar resorts, but OKW is way points cheaper. Now, we have 12 days booked in July and a week in October, booked flights, booked Wild Africa Trek, and still need to buy APs. We will spend more on vacation without ever going there. :lmao::sad2:

Always nice to have another trip to look forward to!

Any chance you can move your desk or rearrange to hide the monitor?

Not a chance. All the desks face away from the walkway (with your back to people walking by), so there's no chance of changing it. Even if I were to change it so that the monitors were on the side of the desk, you'd still have someone walking up behind you.

I'm online with my phone. It's always available.

Never though of using my phone to get on the Dis. I use it for everything else. hahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter