DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Really just trying to now get through the next 10 days before heading to DaWorld with DS for our guys only trip.

Nice! That'll be here before you know it.

After having a few days off, it's time to get back to it. And no... not looking forward to it. Ah well.

I know that feeling well!

That's a real taco Tuesday story. The crime in my home town is just un-mexi-stoppable.

NOOOOOOO!!!! Monsters!

School's closed, we will be out of here soon!

Have fun storming the....ocean.

You Suck

p.s. you guys really don't suck - I'm just jealous.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

What he said.

Top O the Mornin Dads! OK not get into any debates or political stuff but somebody can shut the stock market basement door and start moving things back to the attic any time now :oops:

Down to the single digit days days, that is if I can still afford to go. Have a good one gents!

We'll be thinking of you guys.

:dancer::drinking1:dancer::drinking1:dancer:
We're flying out tomorrow night. ✈
Safe travels guys and enjoy!

Morning, gents.

We'll be thinking of you guys.

Have fun stor… wait... you don't want storms at sea...
Drive safe, too!
We're flying out tomorrow night. ✈
Have a good cruise!
Well, got the word yesterday, I've been officially extended to May.
Good!
Yesterday after work I did an HR Walk-in Wednesday at the local hospital. While the point is to not get a job on the spot, I do feel confident something will come of it.
Good luck. That sounds promising.
The recruiter I met with is a 30 year Air Force veteran, I just happen to be Navy, but I won't hold that against him :teeth:
:laughing:

Just got back from doing a "bug-out" grocery shopping trip. We're no "preppers" by any means, but we typically have a reserve of a week or so worth of non-perishable food in our house, but that is the extent of our provisions for the zombie apocalypse, breakdown of society, etc..

This Coronavirus thing has me a bit on edge, and seeing the response in Italy with people freaking out and wiping out store shelves, I decided to go out and get about 3 additional weeks worth of food to have on-hand. I got a bunch of pantry non-perishables, but focused primarily on things I can store in the freezer- meat, bread, frozen veggies, etc. So now we have a good 4-weeks of extra food in the house made up of stuff we'll eventually eat anyway. And if we needed to ration, we could probably get an additional 2-3 weeks out of it.

The most important part- I made sure there was enough space left in the freezer for a bottle of vodka, and a gallon of ice-cream.

And it's almost Friday. Giggity.

I trust they called out the National Guard?
(Mexican National Guard... but still...)

Crime of the century. That's one good thing about living here - low crime rate.

Have a great trip. But why would you think of us?

Morning, Gents!

Missed a couple of days, so I hope I didn't miss any quoting me, if I did, I apologize. Well, got the word yesterday, I've been officially extended to May. According to my current boss, I'm being moved to purchasing, but I haven't been officially told yet. Either way, I'm sticking around for a while. Yesterday after work I did an HR Walk-in Wednesday at the local hospital. While the point is to not get a job on the spot, I do feel confident something will come of it. The recruiter I met with is a 30 year Air Force veteran, I just happen to be Navy, but I won't hold that against him :teeth: , and we seem to hit it off pretty well. I told him that I'm trying to ultimately get into medical coding, but I'm not certified yet, but I'm willing to do almost anything to get my foot int the door. He said that he works in facilities and maintenance and that I seem to be a jack-of-all-trades kind of a guy, so maybe he'll find a spot for me. Either way, I feel confident that something will come along.

May is two more months of pay.

Top O the Mornin Dads! OK not get into any debates or political stuff but somebody can shut the stock market basement door and start moving things back to the attic any time now :oops:

Sure. Smart thing to do would be pull all your money out of the market and buy gold. Because you can eat gold when you're hungry, right? :sad2:

Just got back from doing a "bug-out" grocery shopping trip. We're no "preppers" by any means, but we typically have a reserve of a week or so worth of non-perishable food in our house, but that is the extent of our provisions for the zombie apocalypse, breakdown of society, etc..

This Coronavirus thing has me a bit on edge, and seeing the response in Italy with people freaking out and wiping out store shelves, I decided to go out and get about 3 additional weeks worth of food to have on-hand. I got a bunch of pantry non-perishables, but focused primarily on things I can store in the freezer- meat, bread, frozen veggies, etc. So now we have a good 4-weeks of extra food in the house made up of stuff we'll eventually eat anyway. And if we needed to ration, we could probably get an additional 2-3 weeks out of it.

Maybe we should consider buying more food. Considered. Nope. I guess if we run out of food, I'll go steal someone's tacos.

When the hoard of zombies are trying to break your door down... the bottle of vodka and a bucket of ice cream are probably the two best things to have around... :D
Sure. Just set and drink vodka while eating ice cream and when the zombies come...
"You don't want to eat me. I have brain freeze. And it's pickled. The Mrs is hiding in the bedroom closet.
And it's almost Friday. Giggity.
What is this Friday you speak of? This is day 2 of 5. My Friday 4pm is your Sunday 7am.

When the hoard of zombies are trying to break your door down... the bottle of vodka and a bucket of ice cream are probably the two best things to have around... :D

I usually try and stock up on the Holy Trinity of Doritos, Cheetos, and Fritos.

Sure. Just set and drink vodka while eating ice cream and when the zombies come...
"You don't want to eat me. I have brain freeze. And it's pickled. The Mrs is hiding in the bedroom closet.

:rotfl2:

What is this Friday you speak of? This is day 2 of 5. My Friday 4pm is your Sunday 7am.

Sounds like you made some poor choices.

Morning, folks.
Saw this in my inbox when I got to work this morning and thought I'd share.

BBC on Gander Airport

Pretty cool, thanks!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Happy Friday. Picked up some fresh king diver sea scallops for the Mrs and I this evening. Ever since this Keto thing, I've added to my cooking repertoire. She will be so happy, I'll get ...

... time watching TV with her. :lmao::sad2:

I work Sundays with my other job. So, Friday only gets me out on Saturday. That's why I add load management during the week.

Don't tell anyone I stole them the first time. :lmao:

I'm not sure what the panic is all about. Did Trump or Obama or someone else tell us to be afraid? I've just added this to the list of fictitious crisis to be scared of: corona virus, swine flu, bird flu, global warming, global warming re-named climate change, and whatever else I forgot to mention. It's just yet another distraction of the crisis that actually could impact our country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter