DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning chaps from a subdued London. Everyone keeps looking at each other with that pained face like they've just learned your super hot girlfriend has run off with the plumber. Like, "yeah its a bad thing, but you had it pretty good for a while, right?" kinda vibe.
No shame in losing to penalties though, and to be fair Italy were the better team from minute 46 onwards. Got to be in it to win it. Hopefully we can build on it and go one further with this team.

Hope Dan is OK this morning. That was a tough one but entertaining to watch. I thought England started well but then got a bit too out of sorts and allowed Italy to control the play. When they got to extra time I thought England carried the play. Feel bad for Rashford, Sancho and Saka, there is no need for the abuse they are taking today. All and all, I think they are setting up well for the World Cup.
Cheers mate. I'm fine, supporting West Ham for 45 years has steeled me for nights like last night.
Completely agree on the 3. Anyone who has the minerals to stand up to take one kick to determine whether your team wins or loses deserves the ultimate respect, however it turns out. To be fair, Saka has been the young player of the tournament.
The abuse they are getting is sickening. Marcus Rashford used his profile to take on the government during the pandemic to get food in kid's mouths. I would seriously doubt any of the neanderthals who posted that bile have a fraction of this guy's character. Sancho set up a football academy in his home town. That team, including the manager, is what we want England to be. Respectful. Eloquent. Patriotic.
I hope you're right about the WC, I'd would trade a win last night for a WC win in a nanosecond.
Dan, sorry for the outcome last night. I was actually watching the score solely because I knew you were invested. So maybe it's my fault.
Thanks buddy, I'm still going for Jeff as the Jonah. Jonah Jeff. That has a certain alliterative ring to it. Hmmmm. This is how nicknames start.
Enjoyed watching your Alaska trip mate, looked awesome.
Give it time and hopefully they'll come up a level or two. Yeah, I know, I'm not holding my breath.
While you have 3 other sports (4 if you include Hockey) draining the pool of athletic talent, it's gonna be a struggle. Added on to the fact its fundamentally a working class game, and our football factories are based around London, the North West and the North East of England, I would tread on eggshells and humbly suggest that kids who would be flagged for their speed and athleticism which would be nurtured into football talent are ending up as linebackers or running backs. Everyone here plays football from around 8 until they leave school and then most of us carry on, and thats the same in most of the countries who regularly are in Quarter Finals of major tournaments. However you do have sheer volume of numbers on your side. You obviously dominate the women's game, but in many other countries, Women's football is just under an afterthought.

Last edited:
Happy Monday. Handled the cardiac care unit today, my first time on the unit and solo on the floor. It was a banging day.

Mornin', boys! Hope all had a good weekend. Had a good weekend myself once all the work around the house was done. Our house guest came and went, and will be back Tuesday night for one more night before heading out for points down south. As I had mentioned in a previous post, to get ready for this house guest, we've been doing a lot of cleaning/organizing. This was something that was much needed because we held off way to long. There's still a lot to do when it comes to the finer points of organizing, but the house, for the most part, is done. There is still a lot to do, organize the attic and basement (something I've been wanting to do for a while now), but it's stuff that we can get to a little at a time. Otherwise all is well. Oh, second weekend in a row that I had to put off a photography gig because of rain. I think Mother Nature doesn't want me to do this gig. Maybe next weekend. Supposed to be working from home today and tomorrow, but that could change if enough people call out sick and I'm needed elsewhere. I'll find out in about 20 minutes (from the time type this) if I'll continue to work from home or if I'm being shifted somewhere else. Well, have a good day, guys.

TTFN

:thumbsup2 Enjoy your weekend.

It does. The stress level in the house is greatly reduced now that things have been cleaned. We still need to do some organizing in the attic and basement, but things are a lot better.

Thanks for responding with this. I think because it is the World's game is one reason I want to get into it. I don't know, it's something that's interested me for a while, but American soccer, like you said is really the minor league of soccer/football. Give it time and hopefully they'll come up a level or two. Yeah, I know, I'm not holding my breath.

Nice!

That's good that someone else is interested in you. That's gotta be a good feeling.

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like it's time to get a new real estate agent.

:thumbsup2 The constant time outs in basketball and football are annoying. I admit to not being a sports fan, but soccer is something I think I can get into. Will I watch it all the time? I don't know, but it's something that I've somewhat interested in for a while now. I'll have a lot to learn in how the game works, but I'm willing to learn.

It feels good to de-clutter the house. Even if we didn't get to move, it feels great just removing stuff.

If you get offsides in hockey, then it helps with that rule in soccer. You should be good.

As for the agent, I think she gets 2 more weeks. Then, we rent the property. If we get rid of the agent, there is a time gap that we have to wait before going with another company.

Morning, fellas! Alaska was everything we'd hoped it could be. Had excellent weather, and we were surrounded by spectacular scenery and wildlife.

Norm, sorry about the house deal falling through. Hope you guys can figure things out.

I also watch golf for enjoyment, which probably disqualifies all of my other sports opinions.

Looked like you had a good time in Alaska.

As for the house, I have mixed feelings. The safe way is to sell the house and use the $ on the next house. But, I also like my current house, and keeping it another 30+ years for rental income makes $ too. And, if i don't like being a landlord, then I can always sell it later.

Watching golf? I used to watch golf when my dad did, and just slept through it.

Morning chaps from a subdued London. Everyone keeps looking at each other with that pained face like they've just learned your super hot girlfriend has run off with the plumber. Like, "yeah its a bad thing, but you had it pretty good for a while, right?" kinda vibe.
No shame in losing to penalties though, and to be fair Italy were the better team from minute 46 onwards. Got to be in it to win it. Hopefully we can build on it and go one further with this team.

Cheers mate. I'm fine, supporting West Ham for 45 years has steeled me for nights like last night.
Completely agree on the 3. Anyone who has the minerals to stand up to take one kick to determine whether your team wins or loses deserves the ultimate respect, however it turns out. To be fair, Saka has been the young player of the tournament.
The abuse they are getting is sickening. Marcus Rashford used his profile to take on the government during the pandemic to get food in kid's mouths. I would seriously doubt any of the neanderthals who posted that bile have a fraction of this guy's character. Sancho set up a football academy in his home town. That team, including the manager, is what we want England to be. Respectful. Eloquent. Patriotic.
I hope you're right about the WC, I'd would trade a win last night for a WC win in a nanosecond.

I agree that Italy played better in the 2nd half. As I messaged you, I think England outcoached themselves by waiting on those last minute subs. I guess it's always easier to coach after the game.

The racial insults are ridiculous, as if any of them even held an ounce of quality to make a squad. Sadly, that's what happens when people hide behind computer screens and post their baseless opinions.

Morning, fellas! Hope all are well on this Tuesday morning. Worked from home yesterday, and will be working from home today, unless I get called and told to go somewhere else. Otherwise things are going well. Have a good day.

TTFN

Morning, fellas! Alaska was everything we'd hoped it could be. Had excellent weather, and we were surrounded by spectacular scenery and wildlife.

Morning, Mark! Glad you had a good time. Please post some photos!

CCT, sorry for your father's health issues. Hope he's on the mend now.

Thanks, I appreciate it. He's doing a lot better.

Sorry for England's loss, my friend. I didn't see the game, but as you said, they can build on the team from here.

While you have 3 other sports (4 if you include Hockey) draining the pool of athletic talent, it's gonna be a struggle. Added on to the fact its fundamentally a working class game, and our football factories are based around London, the North West and the North East of England, I would tread on eggshells and humbly suggest that kids who would be flagged for their speed and athleticism which would be nurtured into football talent are ending up as linebackers or running backs. Everyone here plays football from around 8 until they leave school and then most of us carry on, and thats the same in most of the countries who regularly are in Quarter Finals of major tournaments. However you do have sheer volume of numbers on your side. You obviously dominate the women's game, but in many other countries, Women's football is just under an afterthought.

This is true, soccer here in America is competing with other sports for athletes. Though more and more people, the younger generation, that is, are playing soccer. So while it isn't as popular as football or basketball, it is a growing sport. It may take years, as in I'll be pushing daisies up by the time soccer becomes as popular as football, but I think at some point it'll become very popular here in America. Other's here on the board may disagree with me on that statement, but I see a lot of kids playing soccer.

Happy Monday. Handled the cardiac care unit today, my first time on the unit and solo on the floor. It was a banging day.

:thumbsup2 more skills learned. That's awesome.

It feels good to de-clutter the house. Even if we didn't get to move, it feels great just removing stuff.

It does feel good to de-clutter. We're almost at the point of getting a dumpster. We can do some serious cleaning if we got a dumpster.

If you get offsides in hockey, then it helps with that rule in soccer. You should be good.

:thumbsup2

As for the agent, I think she gets 2 more weeks. Then, we rent the property. If we get rid of the agent, there is a time gap that we have to wait before going with another company.

Still, that stinks. I'd wait the time needed and get another agent. Though, having rental income would be nice.

I also watch golf for enjoyment,
Same, wife hates it during the open or Masters because I turn it on and hide the remotes. Saturday leave it on all day and just pass thru the living room while doing other stuff around the house to catch the scores, but Sunday I will watch it all day.

We can do some serious cleaning if we got a dumpster.
Same; my wife is scared we have one coming for when I redo the subfloor in the living room. Because I am going to fill it up with crap we have accrued, but have never used.

Enjoyed watching your Alaska trip mate, looked awesome.

Thanks! We really had a great time.

Watching golf? I used to watch golf when my dad did, and just slept through it.

That's what my kids do, too. Or they leave the room.

I'll have to get some uploaded...there will eventually be a trip report, but I won't force you to suffer through that.

Same, wife hates it during the open or Masters because I turn it on and hide the remotes. Saturday leave it on all day and just pass thru the living room while doing other stuff around the house to catch the scores, but Sunday I will watch it all day.

I try to be reasonable. I won't force the TV on to the John Deere Classic or something. But if it's Masters week, they know I'll be watching.

But if it's Masters week, they know I'll be watching.
Pretty much same here. If I'm the only one up during a minor tourney I will watch but give up the remotes once everyone else is up. But I always watch the masters and both opens. I mostly watch the British open just to watch them get humiliated by the wind. 2 acre greens and they still get pushed into the traps.

Evening all.

We had a quick visit from DS and his girlfriend last night but they are gone and the in-laws will arrive tomorrow. Thought we might all be leaving today as we had a plumbing issue. There was a backup into the maintenance room. Luckily it wasn't sewer water, it was all clear water but there was still a blockage that needed to be cleared. Apparently this was the second time in a couple of weeks and the plumber said they were going to need to dig up the septic tank. I feel bad for the couple that owns this place. They live in Ontario and bought this site unseen. They haven't been here yet and have had to completely rebuild one wall and according to the property managers there are some other issues to deal with.

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday All!

Mornin', fellas! Hope all are having a wonderful week so far. I had two days of working from home, and loved it, and now I'm off to Neurosurgery today, a new office for me, so looking forward to that. Weather has been cool and overcast, which is annoying because I've had to put off photo gigs because of the weather. I guess Mother Nature hates New England this year. I guess I should complain as we've been getting rain out of all this.

Same; my wife is scared we have one coming for when I redo the subfloor in the living room. Because I am going to fill it up with crap we have accrued, but have never used.

If we got one I'd toss a lot out, which I think does scare my wife a little. I said that if we got one we'd go through the basement together and tag things. This way we're both decide and are not surprised.

I'll have to get some uploaded...there will eventually be a trip report, but I won't force you to suffer through that.

Can't wait to see the pics.

We had a quick visit from DS and his girlfriend last night but they are gone and the in-laws will arrive tomorrow. Thought we might all be leaving today as we had a plumbing issue. There was a backup into the maintenance room. Luckily it wasn't sewer water, it was all clear water but there was still a blockage that needed to be cleared. Apparently this was the second time in a couple of weeks and the plumber said they were going to need to dig up the septic tank. I feel bad for the couple that owns this place. They live in Ontario and bought this site unseen. They haven't been here yet and have had to completely rebuild one wall and according to the property managers there are some other issues to deal with.

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday All!

Having a backup of any kind isn't a good thing.

Morning Gents from a slightly overcast Chamcook NB. Looks like it will be a cloudy day but the view is still better than sitting at home.

Happy Hump Day All!

Camel GIF - Camel GIFs

Happy Wednesday. Back to Oncology floor where I had 20 patients. I seem to be consistently solo trustworthy of a whole floor now. It was a productive day.

Had some more showings on the house, but no new offers. It's only been a few days, but no confidence in the realtor isn't helping.

Should be last big tennis tournament for dd for the summer. I'll be glad when it's over.

Morning, fellas! Hope all are well on this Tuesday morning. Worked from home yesterday, and will be working from home today, unless I get called and told to go somewhere else. Otherwise things are going well. Have a good day.

TTFN

Thanks, I appreciate it. He's doing a lot better.

Sorry for England's loss, my friend. I didn't see the game, but as you said, they can build on the team from here.

This is true, soccer here in America is competing with other sports for athletes. Though more and more people, the younger generation, that is, are playing soccer. So while it isn't as popular as football or basketball, it is a growing sport. It may take years, as in I'll be pushing daisies up by the time soccer becomes as popular as football, but I think at some point it'll become very popular here in America. Other's here on the board may disagree with me on that statement, but I see a lot of kids playing soccer.

:thumbsup2 more skills learned. That's awesome.

It does feel good to de-clutter. We're almost at the point of getting a dumpster. We can do some serious cleaning if we got a dumpster.

:thumbsup2

Still, that stinks. I'd wait the time needed and get another agent. Though, having rental income would be nice.

We have a transfer station in the city so don't have to haul to the county dump. I've hauled off several loads in my truck.

Mornin', fellas! Hope all are having a wonderful week so far. I had two days of working from home, and loved it, and now I'm off to Neurosurgery today, a new office for me, so looking forward to that. Weather has been cool and overcast, which is annoying because I've had to put off photo gigs because of the weather. I guess Mother Nature hates New England this year. I guess I should complain as we've been getting rain out of all this.

If we got one I'd toss a lot out, which I think does scare my wife a little. I said that if we got one we'd go through the basement together and tag things. This way we're both decide and are not surprised.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Having a backup of any kind isn't a good thing.

Looks like you get to learn some new stuff as well. Are you still on the contract gig or did they hire you on full time?

Morning, Fellas! Had a good day yesterday, so everything's going good. Have a good day, everyone.

Happy Wednesday. Back to Oncology floor where I had 20 patients. I seem to be consistently solo trustworthy of a whole floor now. It was a productive day.

That's good that they trust you with a whole floor to yourself. That's awesome.

Had some more showings on the house, but no new offers. It's only been a few days, but no confidence in the realtor isn't helping.

Sorry that you're not having any luck with your house. Sounds like your realtor is a dud. You know, makes me wonder if this realtor found bigger, juicier house to sell, and as a result stopped working hard on yours. I've had

We have a transfer station in the city so don't have to haul to the county dump. I've hauled off several loads in my truck.

Our town dump became the transfer station years ago, and I dump stuff there all the time, but there's a point when getting a dumpster make more sense. I recently got rid of an old organ, the 1970's style organ that use to be sold for the home. Well, I cost me $20 to get rid of it, which I paid to get rid of it. I have a other stuff that I'll need to pay to get rid of, some boarding on the need to get weighed to dump, so a dumpster will make sense at some point.

Looks like you get to learn some new stuff as well. Are you still on the contract gig or did they hire you on full time?

Actually, no. I would love to learn more stuff, but as a front desk reception person there's not much more for me to learn. What it does do for me, though, is show that I can work at multiple locations and specialties. The more places I work the more it makes me look good, at least that's how I see. Now, hiring people may view it differently, but I see it as a good thing, and the more I do, the more it makes me look good. Again, that's how I see it, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Had some more showings on the house, but no new offers.
Hoping you get a good buyer soon. Or a good agent, maybe you will have a good buyers agent reach out to make a deal for their customer.

Around here houses are barely getting listed before they are sold. Had 2 at the end of my street that the relator just put up a sold sign, never had a for sale sign out front. Wife saw what they were listed for and wanted to look at selling ours, but I had to tell her we could sell it for a nice profit but we would be screwed trying to buy anything and it would eat up all we made and then some.

We have a transfer station in the city so don't have to haul to the county dump.
We are not so lucky here, its almost an hour round trip and you have to pay thru the nose to use it. Its not that much more to rent a dumpster and you dont have to make 4-5 trips.

Back from camping and back at work.

Haven't read a thing. Don't plan on it either. Life's too short. But...
Sorry Dan. Watched the highlights and... well...dang...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter