DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey, Fellas! Had a MUCH better day today than Monday, no alarms, belligerent patients or broken chairs. Not much to report outside that, so everyone have a good day.

I hope today is a better day.

A lot better than Monday

Morning, folks.

Should be interesting. This is youngest DD's and my one and only camping opportunity for the summer... and the forecast is thunderstorms and when it's not storming... rain. Perfect tenting weather. :rolleyes:

I told her if she wants to put up a tent in a thunderstorm, she's welcome to it, but I'm going to sleep in the car.

Hate when Mother Nature tosses in a bump in the plans?

Ugh. That sounds like a bad comedy movie. Hope today's better for you.
And replace that chair with a better one!

That does sound like a bad comedy movie, doesn't it? (in the deep movie guys voice) "In a world with alarms, belligerent people, an broken chairs, there's one man who deals with it all....in one day. Welcome to CapeCodTenor's day, the movie." :laughing:

Or tenting in thunderstorms?

Sounds like it's time for a good book. Oooo better yet, creepy music with a guy wearing rain boots, a long jacket and a facemask (preferably a hockey mask) :rotfl:

Well, there's nowhere to go but up!

:rotfl::rotfl:

Riding Mountain National Park. 3 hours from Winnipeg.
Oddly… no mountain though.
Got lucky with the weather… was a nice evening and only started to rain after we turned in to our tents for the night.

How nice of Mother Nature to hold the rain off.

Last edited:
Happy Hump Day all!

soccer fails GIF by Cheezburger

Morning, Fellas! Hope everyone is having a good week so far. You know, it's been awfully quiet in here lately. No one seems to be using the comfy chairs near the TV, soooo..... (starts to slink forward). 😁 Had a good day yesterday, actually, a little too good. It started off when a doctor, her last day was yesterday, walked in with a dozen donuts and two bags of bagels and a bunch of cream cheese. Then at lunch, staff, myself included, ordered lunch from a local restaurant, my arm was twisted. Actually, a burger sounded better than my PB&J. Then right after lunch I went to a surgical center for the afternoon, where, wait for it....they had donuts and homemade cookies. I ate way too much yesterday. It was a good day and I hope everyone has a good day today.

TTFN

Right?!

Started watching The Watch. Not bad so far.

I've heard of that show. How is it?

Supposed to stay dry until this afternoon now. We’ll see.

Let's hope it does.

Had a good day yesterday, actually, a little too good. It started off when a doctor, her last day was yesterday, walked in with a dozen donuts and two bags of bagels and a bunch of cream cheese. Then at lunch, staff, myself included, ordered lunch from a local restaurant, my arm was twisted. Actually, a burger sounded better than my PB&J. Then right after lunch I went to a surgical center for the afternoon, where, wait for it....they had donuts and homemade cookies. I ate way too much yesterday. It was a good day and I hope everyone has a good day today.
CCT comes home from work and no longer firs through the front door…
I've heard of that show. How is it?
So far not bad. Low brow humour. Watched half so far.

Morning, Gents! As pkondz indicated, it's been very quite in here lately. I'm hoping this is just a phase and dads will come back, I do miss the banter. Had a good week, been studying in the morning, so haven't been getting in every day, but I try to get in once in a while. Raining here today, and chilly. I actually had to put on pants. I mean, come on! Ok, that sounded bad. What I meant to say was, I had to switch from shorts to pants. :teeth: And a BIG FAT HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the dads out there.

Morning folks.
ADR day today. Already assume Space 220 ain’t gonna happen. Will give it a try of course. Never know.

Did you get what you wanted?

CCT comes home from work and no longer firs through the front door…

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I'll have you know that I was able to fit through the door when I got home, barely, but I did fit. :teeth:

So far not bad. Low brow humour. Watched half so far.

So the kind of humor that would fit well here on the Dad's Board, huh? Sounds like a good show.

<cricket><cricket><cricket>

I've noticed the decline in posts over the last few months now. Hope the dad's come back.

Happy Father's Day!

Morning, Gents! As pkondz indicated, it's been very quite in here lately. I'm hoping this is just a phase and dads will come back, I do miss the banter.
Hey! Pipe down over there. People are trying to sleep.
Raining here today, and chilly.
95F here today. If I get stuck in traffic on my bike ride home, I'm going to cook.
Did you get what you wanted?
::yes::
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I'll have you know that I was able to fit through the door when I got home, barely, but I did fit. :teeth:
Better than expected!
So the kind of humor that would fit well here on the Dad's Board, huh? Sounds like a good show.
::yes::

Hey, Guys! Had a much better day today than I did last week, so that's a plus. Unfortunately I missed my DD's piano recital, it was during the work day, but my DW should have gotten it on video. Outside that all is well. Hope everyone had a good day.

TTFN

Hey! Pipe down over there. People are trying to sleep.

NO!!!! (Quickly runs and hides behind a chair)

95F here today. If I get stuck in traffic on my bike ride home, I'm going to cook.

:eek: That's hot. How many times did you stop?

:thumbsup2

Better than expected!

That's good.

Morning Gents.

Another cool, rainy day here in the Northeast. Probably about 50F here right now and I don't think it will get much better.

Hope you all have a good Monday.

It got chilly and rained on Sunday here on the Cape. It made for nice sleeping weather.

Unfortunately I missed my DD's piano recital, it was during the work day, but my DW should have gotten it on video. Outside that all is well. Hope everyone had a good day.
You must've seen it by now... how'd she do?
NO!!!! (Quickly runs and hides behind a chair)
Probably looks like this:
1655766198339.png
:eek: That's hot. How many times did you stop?
Not too often and not too long (except once)... I was still pretty sweaty by the time I got to the folks' place.

It got chilly and rained on Sunday here on the Cape. It made for nice sleeping weather.

It was pouring last night when I played soccer. I was so cold when I got home last night I left all my gear in the back of the CRV and took it out tonight when I got home from work. Everything is still soaked.

You must've seen it by now... how'd she do?

She did good. I'm so proud of her.

Probably looks like this:
View attachment 678040

But I'm hiding from you and you can't see me! :teeth:

Not too often and not too long (except once)... I was still pretty sweaty by the time I got to the folks' place.

Only once isn't bad. I'm sure the shower felt good afterwards.

It was pouring last night when I played soccer. I was so cold when I got home last night I left all my gear in the back of the CRV and took it out tonight when I got home from work. Everything is still soaked.

Playing soccer in the pouring rain? That's hardcore.

Morning, gents.
Saw Top Gun Maverick last night finally. Enjoyed the heck out of it. Was a bit surprised that the two DDs did too. :)

She did good. I'm so proud of her.
But I'm hiding from you and you can't see me! :teeth:
Not unless you put your hands over your eyes.
Morning all, road trip today across the border today, first time since March 2020.
Don't stress about it. It's easier than you think. Just make sure you've filled out your ArriveCan app properly before your return.

Morning, Fellas! Had a good day yesterday. I was at Neurosurgery yesterday and will be at a primary care office today. Otherwise nothing to report. Have a good day, fellas, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Morning all, road trip today across the border today, first time since March 2020.

Have a good one all.

Have fun, but be careful of those people on the other side of the border.....they be crazy.

We only stop for lightning.

That's good, it could be shocking experience if you didn't stop.

Morning, gents.
Saw Top Gun Maverick last night finally. Enjoyed the heck out of it. Was a bit surprised that the two DDs did too. :)

So it really is a good movie, then? I just might have to see it.

:teeth:

Not unless you put your hands over your eyes.

Hahaha I'm not falling for that one. I am, however, going to go build a blanket fort. So....there!

Don't stress about it. It's easier than you think. Just make sure you've filled out your ArriveCan app properly before your return.

And don't forget to bring presents.

So it really is a good movie, then? I just might have to see it.
I always hesitate.
My experience is if someone says "It's a good movie", then I don't enjoy it as much. On the other hand, if someone says "I didn't like it that much", I tend to enjoy it more as my expectations are lowered.

So... I enjoyed it. If you liked the first one, there's planes and stuff in the second one too.
Hahaha I'm not falling for that one. I am, however, going to go build a blanket fort. So....there!
oooh... will you have crackers to eat?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter