DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Doing anything To celebrate? Here it’s Terry Fox day.
15cms of a leg removed… and he still ran further than I ever will. Good for him. He deserves a day to himself. Me, no, I’m on vacation. Excuses, reasons… In all honesty, it’s just math: carry the two, add the Satur, and we have a day, Monday the 14th. That’s when I go to work. Before then, Walt owns my soul. I’m actually just a volunteer, so who owns whom?

All of my boys love thrill rides. R is three and loves Slinky Dog and Seven Dwarfs. M is five and did those, plus Space Mountain, Everest, and Flight of Passage for the first time. D is eight, did all the above, and has his heart set on Tron. He’s just not tall enough for Tron ☹️ R has a heart of gold: after every ride, he tells me he much he loved the ride and wants to ask his brothers how they liked the ride. Another Poly vacationer told me how polite and kind R was when he was swimming near her. My parenting success is currently 33%, an all-time high 😂 Every night, we try to recap our favorite moments of the day. There’s just too many when the boys are up early and still close the pool at 11pm without naps. We are on vacation… parenting stops when the fireworks occur and the parent drinks come out…

The boys completed the World Showcase today. They did showcase a bit of vexation. EPCOT is a lot of walking next to construction-related wood panels. We also went to Animal Kingdom to do some thrill rides. Closed Animal Kingdom and a bathroom break nearly caused us to miss the bus to the Poly.

So far the boys have met regular Mickey, Pluto, Stitch, Lilo, Hawaiian Mickey, Winnie, Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger, and a Country Bear who would later sign up for DVC. Guess we will be seeing that Country Bear around the resort on our future trips.

Down to one full day at the Poly. Will be a resort morning and then MK for the evening. The MK fireworks will never get old. Then it’s onto Animal Kingdom-Kidani for a couple of nights. Sadly, our vacation is more than half over…

Thankfully, we have another one already booked for 2024…

Hope all is well!

Attachments

• IMG_1861.jpeg
    IMG_1861.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1855.jpeg
    IMG_1855.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1847.jpeg
    IMG_1847.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
All of my boys love thrill rides. R is three and loves Slinky Dog and Seven Dwarfs. M is five and did those, plus Space Mountain, Everest, and Flight of Passage for the first time. D is eight, did all the above, and has his heart set on Tron.
Nice not having to skip the good rides because the kids don't wanna. :thumbsup2
R has a heart of gold: after every ride, he tells me he much he loved the ride and wants to ask his brothers how they liked the ride. Another Poly vacationer told me how polite and kind R was when he was swimming near her. My parenting success is currently 33%, an all-time high 😂
Awww...

And... don't expect the success rate to get much higher!
So far the boys have met regular Mickey, Pluto, Stitch, Lilo, Hawaiian Mickey, Winnie, Piglet, Eyeore, Tigger, and a Country Bear
Tons of meets!
:thumbsup2

Happy

5,581 Hump Sign Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

Day!

All of my boys love thrill rides. R is three and loves Slinky Dog and Seven Dwarfs. M is five and did those, plus Space Mountain, Everest, and Flight of Passage for the first time. D is eight, did all the above, and has his heart set on Tron. He’s just not tall enough for Tron ☹️ R has a heart of gold: after every ride, he tells me he much he loved the ride and wants to ask his brothers how they liked the ride. Another Poly vacationer told me how polite and kind R was when he was swimming near her. My parenting success is currently 33%, an all-time high 😂 Every night, we try to recap our favorite moments of the day. There’s just too many when the boys are up early and still close the pool at 11pm without naps. We are on vacation… parenting stops with the fireworks occur and the parent drinks come out…

The boys completed the World Showcase today. They did showcase a bit of vexation. EPCOT is a lot of walking next to construction-related wood panels. We also went to Animal Kingdom to do some thrill rides. Closed Animal Kingdom and a bathroom break nearly caused us to miss the bus to the Poly.

So far the boys have met regular Mickey, Pluto, Stitch, Lilo, Hawaiian Mickey, Winnie, Piglet, Eyeore, Tigger, and a Country Bear who would later sign up for DVC. Guess we will be seeing that Country Bear around the resort on our future trips.

Down to one full day at the Poly. Will be a resort morning and then MK for the evening. The MK fireworks will never get old. Then it’s onto Animal Kingdom-Kidani for a couple of nights. Sadly, our vacation is more than half over…

Hope all is well!
Sounds like you guys are having a great time. God bless you my friend, I admire everyone who braves that heat all day in the park. I live here and just walking from one attraction to the other yesterday in Epcot, I was soaked. Lol
Make sure you drink plenty of water, the affects of a heat illness is not pretty. I actually just use to brush it off till i got the current position I’m in now. I see all day long, it terrible. We hit a real feel of 116 yesterday.
I’ll be wondering around the MK for a little tomorrow mid.morning, I won’t be there long for sure. Lol

All of my boys love thrill rides. R is three and loves Slinky Dog and Seven Dwarfs. M is five and did those, plus Space Mountain, Everest, and Flight of Passage for the first time. D is eight, did all the above, and has his heart set on Tron. He’s just not tall enough for Tron ☹️ R has a heart of gold: after every ride, he tells me he much he loved the ride and wants to ask his brothers how they liked the ride. Another Poly vacationer told me how polite and kind R was when he was swimming near her. My parenting success is currently 33%, an all-time high 😂 Every night, we try to recap our favorite moments of the day. There’s just too many when the boys are up early and still close the pool at 11pm without naps. We are on vacation… parenting stops when the fireworks occur and the parent drinks come out…
Sounds like an awesome vacation. Glad it's been a great time.

Happy Friday all!

Hope it's a nice day where you are, pretty wet here today. Been raining since about 3 am. Some wicked loud thunder brought me out of bed around 4:30 am.
Sunny, sunny,sunny here today again. Real feel hitting 112 today, I guess it’s better than 116. We could use rain, we haven’t seen rain in a while which is not real good considering it is rainy season here. Normally this time of year I’m pumping water out of the pool, yesterday I was putting water in the pool. The pool temperature is 92 degrees. Lol. We usually heat the pool to 90.
I was sitting by the pool last night just watching the sunset through the palm trees and I was sitting outside and I was drenched. Usually when the sun goes down, it cools off just a bit, not lately. But, like I always say, I don’t have to shovel heat and sunshine. Lol
Im off to Epcot this morning, my stop in at Teppen again for some lunch. It has to be one of my favorite places to eat. My wife isn’t a fan so when she’s not home, I get my meals in. Lol

Happy Friday all!

Hope it's a nice day where you are, pretty wet here today. Been raining since about 3 am. Some wicked loud thunder brought me out of bed around 4:30 am.

Well if you are done with the rain you can send it this way. Another 105+ day here (we just broke the record for most consecutive 100+ days and supposed to keep going at least another week) and its been over 2 months since we had any measurable rain.

Last full day at WDW… my feet feel like ground meat, but I’d be happy for another ten days. The magic isn’t lost. The boys are so happy here. I got some one-on-one time with my youngest today in MK. Today was the first MNSSHP day, so the park was relatively empty. R and I rode BTMRR three times in a half-hour. At just 3 years old, he loved BTMRR and also rode ToT in DHS. This kiddo loves raising his hands on the thrill rides. Here are a few photos.

Attachments

• IMG_1838.jpeg
    IMG_1838.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1888.jpeg
    IMG_1888.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1920.jpeg
    IMG_1920.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1930.jpeg
    IMG_1930.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1932.jpeg
    IMG_1932.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1936.jpeg
    IMG_1936.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 8
Last full day at WDW… my feet feel like ground meat, but I’d be happy for another ten days. The magic isn’t lost. The boys are so happy here. I got some one-on-one time with my youngest today in MK. Today was the first MNSSHP day, so the park was relatively empty. R and I rode BTMRR three times in a half-hour. At just 3 years old, he loved BTMRR and also rode ToT in DHS. This kiddo loves raising his hands on the thrill rides. Here are a few photos.

Hope it was a good one.

Morning all...
It's the weekend - which means - You now get to do all the work you can't do while you're working (accepting that this don't apply to Randall of course).

For me that means yard work. Got it done before the temps got over 90, but the humidity was already up past that in percentage wise so I still succeeded in losing about six pounds in four hours. Pretty sure the doctors don't like when you go and do such, but on the up side I came near passing out only twice and never actually hit the ground so I s'pose that would count as a win (the sad part here is that I'm neither joking nor exaggerating).

I've been enjoying the pictures and reading about y'all's time down that-a-way. Glad you could spend that much time and enjoy yourselves.

R and I rode BTMRR three times in a half-hour. At just 3 years old, he loved BTMRR and also rode ToT in DHS. This kiddo loves raising his hands on the thrill rides.
At just 3! Impressive. Looks like ya got a daredevil on your hands. Prepare for the onslaught of grey hairs.
For me that means yard work. Got it done before the temps got over 90, but the humidity was already up past that in percentage wise so I still succeeded in losing about six pounds in four hours.
:faint:
Too. Hot.
on the up side I came near passing out only twice and never actually hit the ground so I s'pose that would count as a win
:scared:

And yet... I get it. Spent the better part of 6-7 hours moving metal yesterday. Not nearly as hot, but did get dizzy one time. Hate when that happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter