DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Welcome home! Seems like Orlando airport is more regularly turning into chaos these days.
Busy time of year. Spring break, spring training, snowbirds and Easter right around the corner. Recipe for disaster. We are slammed at work.
We, my wife mostly, fly in and out of Sanford but it’s ruff if you don’t live here and have a car here. It’s further away but the time it takes me to drive the extra to get to the airport, I would still be trying to find a parking spot at MCO.
Sanford is a lot of locals and locals families flying in and out. We fly into a small airport in Allentown so we don’t have to mess with Newark or Philly.
You also can fly round trip, if your not picky on what days and with no check bags for $150. No frills but it’s only a two hour flight.
Give it two months or so, they all go back home, it’s to hot for them. lol

Busy time of year. Spring break, spring training, snowbirds and Easter right around the corner. Recipe for disaster. We are slammed at work.
We, my wife mostly, fly in and out of Sanford but it’s ruff if you don’t live here and have a car here. It’s further away but the time it takes me to drive the extra to get to the airport, I would still be trying to find a parking spot at MCO.
Sanford is a lot of locals and locals families flying in and out. We fly into a small airport in Allentown so we don’t have to mess with Newark or Philly.
You also can fly round trip, if your not picky on what days and with no check bags for $150. No frills but it’s only a two hour flight.
Give it two months or so, they all go back home, it’s to hot for them. lol
I've thought of flying in to Sanford, but logistically, for me, it hasn't worked out. Maybe some day.

I've thought of flying in to Sanford, but logistically, for me, it hasn't worked out. Maybe some day.
We also are traveling for a different reason. My wife is flying back north for work or visiting her mom. She stays at her moms. She has clothes and everything she needs there so the only thing she does is throw her laptop in her backpack and she’s off to the airport. She has a desk, double monitors and an office set up in her moms house. Me, I can live a week out of a piggly wiggly bag.
From the time you pull into the parking lot at Sanford, you park, through security and sitting at your gate in ten minutes.
They also fly into an airport 15 minutes from where my mother in law lives and from where my wife works. It’s about as big as Sanford. We don’t have to fight our way to Philly or Newark and back. It’s just real convenient for us.
And the best part…….. we don’t have to walk by the creepy tourist guy in the glass box at MCO. lol.
Always plan ahead and get the first flight out of each airport, especially in the summer. Always get in and out before the rain starts. It’s the same flights everyday. They make two trips to Florida and back everyday.
The bar tenders know you by name and the bar tabs are more than the flights. Lol

Me, I can live a week out of a piggly wiggly bag.
This is what I'm taking away from this conversation...

What is a piggly wiggly bag????
From the time you pull into the parking lot at Sanford, you park, through security and sitting at your gate in ten minutes.
I miss the 70s.
And the best part…….. we don’t have to walk by the creepy tourist guy in the glass box at MCO
:laughing:

Me, I can live a week out of a piggly wiggly bag.
That seems awfully specific. Sounds like the voice of experience.

And the best part…….. we don’t have to walk by the creepy tourist guy in the glass box at MCO. lol.
Exactly what it sounds like.

Just kidding. Piggly Wiggly is a regional chain of supermarkets. I have no idea how they got their name and am too lazy to google it.

This is what I'm taking away from this conversation...

I miss the 70s.

That is exactly the way it is, the 70s. Check it out if you are ever in the area. I can sit in the parking lot all day watching planes come in and out. You can park where you can see the runways. Private planes, Allegiant and Flair airlines is the flights coming in and out.
You park near the terminal, walk in, up the escalator, through security and the gates, food , bar and gifts shops are next to the gates.
Want to drop someone off, drive onto airport property, pull up to terminal, drop off and go. Don’t have five lanes of drop offs, heaven forbid if you get an inside lane, pack a lunch your not getting out.
That’s exactly what it’s like at Sanford, flying in the 70s. Less the hot flight attendants in hot pants. lol

Just kidding. Piggly Wiggly is a regional chain of supermarkets. I have no idea how they got their name and am too lazy to google it.
Please tell me they specialize in bacon.
Private planes, Allegiant and Flair airlines is the flights coming in and out.
Was looking at Allegiant. ::yes::
That’s exactly what it’s like at Sanford, flying in the 70s. Less the hot flight attendants in hot pants. lol
Unfortunate lapse

Please tell me they specialize in bacon.

Was looking at Allegiant. ::yes::

Unfortunate lapse
We have been flying Allegiant for years. Never had a problem. Weather delays here and there but if you get the first flight, they get in and out of Florida before the storms. No frills. They call it the Greyhound of the skies but for us, it’s only a two hour flight and it’s just so convenient. Like I said, if you’re not picky on what day you fly, you can get some cheap flights. Yes, they charge you for check bags ( we don’t have checked bags) yes they charge you to pick your seat, unless we fly together, who cares. We have their credit card, I’m guessing about every three trips is free. Also get priority boarding and bag check in if you check bags.
If you’re looking for first class with hot towels and your feet rubbed, not the airline for you. If you just need a ride, perfect.

Hopefully not. Although I've had that happen. Where ya off to?
Oh, it happened alright.
On the upside, I can take the other car.
On the downside, I'll be putting new tires on that one tomorrow (which wasn't in the plans for a while yet)
Ehhh... win some lose some.

As for the where bit of the question, we're doing a cruse next week.
This one will be with RCCL rather then Disney, but I'm still looking quite forward to it.
But since it ain't Disney, we're also doing a couple of days on World beforehand.
So, a bit of Epcot, a bit of Hollywood and then a 4-day in the Caribbean.

Then I'll head back up here and get the windshield replaced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter