• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Ah, the life of Cj's DD...

:lmao:

I get to drive DW's car and she drives her dad's corvette

Maybe you should drive the vette... you know... just to make sure it's okay and all.

That is not fully true. Yes it will run a check. Yes it can clear it if it was a false positive or no longer acting up. However, being she said it was doing it before, it is still there. The computer will clear it for a couple of weeks and it will be back again. My truck does the same thing. Took it to my brother who read the codes (when the light was off because it went off on the way) and the code was still there. Mine is an emissions sensor on the exhaust. Not concerned about it.

That's what I meant. Basically. Code shows up and car's running fine? Wait a while. If it doesn't go away or keeps coming back, then.... $$$$$

Definitely not a good thing. Faulty brake lights are a recipe for accidents.

So, car issues mus pt be contagious.

Sorry to hear Norm. Early trip this morning to the mechanic. Got off easy this time, faulty switch and it was $58.

And there it is. You know, with that offer, I would have been already been in Georgia by now. Too bad DW doesn't share my retirement plans of mooching off CJ. :lmao:

Just make sure you come with bread.

The saga continues. For the second Sunday in a row, I got an email from American notifying me of a schedule change.

That is absurd, glad you got it worked out.

I am in the W-R-O-N-G business...

What the ..……??? I went to the wrong school and if my two ever see these pics ……

Wow, how does one apply to this school? Thinking of a career change. ;)

You could do worse for a classroom.

Doesn't suck. I thought she should look into seeing if they had on campus housing. Not for but for me.

And no nose rings!

Those were the days when I had some control. She showed it to me after she had it done on Sunday. Whatever.

An Aztek? Just like Walter White, huh?

Except it's black. I call it the tumbler from the newer Batman movies. I can't figure out how to convert it to motorcycle mode. :lmao:

Maybe you should drive the vette... you know... just to make sure it's okay and all.
$$$$$

Not a chance. DW loves the Corvette, probably more than me. :sad2: I drove it once, but would prefer a 4 wheel drive truck to the vette. Too low to the ground for me.

Sorry to hear Norm. Early trip this morning to the mechanic. Got off easy this time, faulty switch and it was $58.

Just make sure you come with bread.
r.

I told you I'd make the bread weekly for a free place to live in Miami. That's a great deal.

I still haven't heard about the car. They ordered the valve that tested faulty. Apparently, it's being shipped Pony Express. Maybe tomorrow.

Evening Guys.

Had a nice day at La Ronde. It was a six coaster day while DS and his buddy did a couple of other rides. Some good coasters at the park, I think my favourite was the Vampire, a suspended coaster that travels backwards the entire ride. It's pretty cool!

Heading home tomorrow, just a nice 10 hour drive.

Happy Tuesday. Since the Aztek is still in for repairs, I get to drive DW's car and she drives her dad's corvette. She is really enjoying the start to her day. Took a day off from tennis last night as there is a tournament this weekend. I'm sure all of you are anxious for me. If you are so inclined, feel free to sponsor me. :lmao:

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

Do we get a cut of your winnings?

'Morning all...
Nothing to report (or at least not anything worth troubling anyone about).
I should probably see that as a good thing.

Except it's black. I call it the tumbler from the newer Batman movies. I can't figure out how to convert it to motorcycle mode. :lmao:
It's a smallish red button concealed in the shifter knob, but it also only comes in those models fitted with the "Crusader" upgrade package. Check the original bill of sale, if the price tag was somewhere around 738.9 million bucks US, then the button should be there.

I think my favourite was the Vampire, a suspended coaster that travels backwards the entire ride. It's pretty cool!
Sound's pretty cool...
Suspended coasters are about my favorite type but I've not yet encountered one that purposely rolls in reverse.

Last edited:
Morning guys, nothing going on around here. Read that today is the 24th anniversary of Hurricane Andrew hitting S. Florida. What an experience. You really appreciate air conditioning in Florida, in August when it isn't there. We were without power for over three weeks. Nothing sucks more than drinking lukewarm water to stay hydrated. Good times.

Had a nice day at La Ronde.

Sounds like fun. Where is the park?

Other than enjoying the kinda local team from here still alive in the LLWS with an extra inning win last night nothing new around here, seems to be a trend........... Well, if you have not seen, check out the progress on Avatar land with this link. Have a good Wednesday gents.
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/08/photo...-avatar-construction-aerial-look-august-2016/

Evening Guys.

Had a nice day at La Ronde. It was a six coaster day while DS and his buddy did a couple of other rides. Some good coasters at the park, I think my favourite was the Vampire, a suspended coaster that travels backwards the entire ride. It's pretty cool!
Nice. Been a bit since we have done a traditional amusement park.
'Morning all...
I'm with ya, a bit of boring calmness for a few days ain't all bad.

Morning folks. Quick breather. On a break but busy today. That's it!

Not a chance. DW loves the Corvette, probably more than me. :sad2: I drove it once, but would prefer a 4 wheel drive truck to the vette. Too low to the ground for me.

Interesting. I've never driven a Corvette. I won't say it's on my bucket list (I'll reserve that for a Ferrari or Lambo) but I would like to do it at least once.

::yes::

Nothing sucks more than drinking lukewarm water to stay hydrated. Good times.

Yuck. Nope.
We don't have those problems up here. We usually just freeze to death.

Happy Wednesday. I see where everyone has nothing new to report, but I think that makes things all that much better. With my work schedule, I'm able to attend daily Mass when I don't have to drive to campus. Between that and tennis, life is really good. Then, add DW in there and it is even better. Remove teenage hormone and I'd be living in the stratosphere.

Do we get a cut of your winnings?

Last year's tournament, I won a new can of tennis balls.

It's a smallish red button concealed in the shifter knob, but it also only comes in those models fitted with the "Crusader" upgrade package. Check the original bill of sale, if the price tag was somewhere around 738.9 million bucks US, then the button should be there.

That explains it. I paid about $738,882,000 less than that, so I doubt that upgrade package was installed. :lmao:

Morning guys, nothing going on around here. Read that today is the 24th anniversary of Hurricane Andrew hitting S. Florida. What an experience. You really appreciate air conditioning in Florida, in August when it isn't there. We were without power for over three weeks. Nothing sucks more than drinking lukewarm water to stay hydrated. Good times.
?

That doesn't sound fun. We lost our power for a few days during a snow storm and spent time with MIL. I went home and stayed in my cold house. I thought about a natural gas back up generator, but didn't want to drop $2K on it. I'm saving up for that Tumbler package upgrade.

Norm, you are going to love this...

She took a couple of pics of her new campus.

The building in the background is the cafeteria (they serve real food) and a bar. Currently under renovation until October so the bar is just a stand. They also have a private beach which you can access not only during the week but also on weekends.

This is the dock where their research boat is usually moored.
Wow! That's Nice! And there is no way I'm showing Emma these pics! :rotfl2:

I am in the W-R-O-N-G business...

What the ..……??? I went to the wrong school and if my two ever see these pics ……

:lmao:

Sound's pretty cool...
Suspended coasters are about my favorite type but I've not yet encountered one that purposely rolls in reverse.

Not the best video but gives you an idea.

Sounds like fun. Where is the park?

Montreal

Nice. Been a bit since we have done a traditional amusement park.

It was a long way from WDW but it was a fun day at a fraction of the cost.

Last year's tournament, I won a new can of tennis balls.

So for an investment of $0 US I would get...??

Happy Thursday. I started my morning by driving my oldest dd from swim practice to high school with two of her friends/ teammates. Yup, that's three teenage girls in the car for a 15 minute car ride. I'm bringing the bottle of bourbon into the office for the next trip. :lmao:

Afternoon boys from a very sunny Anna Maria Island. another 3 days of beach life, then back to London on Saturday night, and back to work on Tuesday. Have eaten my body weight in Grouper.

Yes, fresh seafood on vacation is the way to go. Another perk or living near the ocean. Just 10 more years....

So for an investment of $0 US I would get...??

Exactly what you paid for! :lmao:

Mornin' gents.

Worked yesterday... then we ran short, so I stayed for an extra three hours. Most I could do. Had tickets to take DD15 to see Shrek the Musical at the local outdoor stage venue. And it was great! Live orchestra, too.

Didn't get home until after 11pm, but that's okay since I don't have to work until 3pm the next day.
And then the phone rang. They want me to work a 16 hour day again. I was going to say "no", but the woman who was taking the day off was going to come in to work if no one could cover for her. I know her Mom's been in the hospital and she's super busy taking care of her...

So I'm at work. Again.
Oh, well. At least I feel good about helping out a friend.

Afternoon Dads!
I may have to upgrade on the way back, just to accommodate my a$$.
:laughing::laughing::laughing: If you think its bad after parks / beach should see what a cruise does to ya.
Mornin' gents.

Worked yesterday... then we ran short, so I stayed for an extra three hours. Most I could do. Had tickets to take DD15 to see Shrek the Musical at the local outdoor stage venue. And it was great! Live orchestra, too.

Didn't get home until after 11pm, but that's okay since I don't have to work until 3pm the next day.
And then the phone rang. They want me to work a 16 hour day again. I was going to say "no", but the woman who was taking the day off was going to come in to work if no one could cover for her. I know her Mom's been in the hospital and she's super busy taking care of her...

So I'm at work. Again.
Well done sir :thumbsup2

I started my morning by driving my oldest dd from swim practice to high school with two of her friends/ teammates. Yup, that's three teenage girls in the car for a 15 minute car ride. I'm bringing the bottle of bourbon into the office for the next trip.
You have my sympathy. I've been in that situation more than once. I think my record was six 13 year olds, and I took them to a small amusement park (what you would call a state fair), so they were extra giggly. Oh well, that's what I get for buying a mini van I guess. Next car is a mini cooper...

Had tickets to take DD15 to see Shrek the Musical at the local outdoor stage venue. And it was great! Live orchestra, too.
Sounds good. I haven't seen Shrek, but I do enjoy musicals.

So I'm at work. Again.
Nice. I'm sure karma will find a way to repay you, in a good way.

Good Morning Gents! Last time on a computer until after Labor Day! Headed out to tour some National Park in and around Wyoming. Just taking a pone and a small tablet, not going to be much WiFi or cell service out there, so any changes or request will have to wait 'til I get back. Welcome the new guys for me and I will add them when I get back too.

Prayers for those in need; Praise for those deserving; Disney, Dole Whips & Bacon for All!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter