• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Went to Mass this AM and then baked bread for the week.
I know bread isn't the healthiest, but I'm making it with all known ingredients, and should have enough to get thru Friday. So, I guess it's better than pop tarts.
Looks great to me. Yeah, I know they say bread isn't the best for you, but I still think baking things yourself makes it better. At least that's the excuse I use when I do any baking. Although it probably doesn't hold true when I scarf down two fresh baked cinnamon buns in one sitting, with extra icing of course. Oh well, like you say, better than pop tarts.

I realized that is all you can do. A couple of days ago, she let me know she wanted to get her nose pierced. I told her, when you were 16, I would have said no, you're 22 now so it is up to you. Don't like it but I accepted it.
Those are wise words. Ones I will have to live by in a couple years...

Last edited:
Another two hours of wonderful alone time with DW while dds were in youth group. I can see why moving day to college is so great. :lmao:

I realized that is all you can do. A couple of days ago, she let me know she wanted to get her nose pierced. I told her, when you were 16, I would have said no, you're 22 now so it is up to you. Don't like it but I accepted it.

I would have said everything you did, except I would have said "it's your money" and "you're an idiot". I'm also not funding my kid past her BA degree if she goes that route.

Looking forward to this day and dreading it at the same time.

I thought I would be more worried. Now, I see it as permanent alone time with DW and am ready to get them out now. :lmao:

What are those? I mean, muffins and loaves, sure. But, what kind?

Sourdough. I have a milk, flour, sugar starter in a plastic Ziploc bag that ferments for a week. I feed it more of the same 3 ingredients on Wed and then bake on Sunday. I add more of the same on Sunday with eggs, cinnamon, olive oil, & self-rising flour.

Looks great to me. Yeah, I know they say bread isn't the best for you, but I still think baking things yourself makes it better. At least that's the excuse I use when I do any baking. Although it probably doesn't hold true when I scarf down two fresh based cinnamon buns in one sitting, with extra icing of course. Oh well, like you say, better than pop tarts.

They are tempting, but not as much as fresh cinnamon buns. I usually slice one in half, poach two eggs, and put one egg on each half (along with some salt) for breakfast.

Happy Monday. Kid started Grad school today and things did not go as smoothly as planned. She was going to drive in but we found out last night the brake lights on the car won't turn off. So I had to drive her downtown to her campus and now am off to the mechanic to get it looked at.

Not throwback Thursday but this popped up on FB from five years ago. First day as a Senior in high school.

Capa was really quite good...

Sounds good, thanks. May have to try it out sometime. As to the cost, Yachtsman or Le Cellier are near that anyway. I think both have underperformed lately.

Those are wise words...

I don't know about wise but it took me a while to figure it out.

Sourdough. I have a milk, flour, sugar starter in a plastic Ziploc bag that ferments for a week. I feed it more of the same 3 ingredients on Wed and then bake on Sunday. I add more of the same on Sunday with eggs, cinnamon, olive oil, & self-rising flour.

OK, you can park the camper on the yard as long as you make bread every week. Sounds delicious.

Morning folks. Saw Suicide Squad last night.
I'd heard mixed reviews so didn't go in expecting much. Must be why I enjoyed it so much.

Sourdough.

yum. that is all.

I have a milk, flour, sugar starter in a plastic Ziploc bag that ferments for a week.

This is sounding like work...

I feed it more of the same 3 ingredients on Wed and then bake on Sunday. I add more of the same on Sunday with eggs, cinnamon, olive oil, & self-rising flour.

Yep. work. But I'm betting the results are spectacular.

Happy Monday. Kid started Grad school today and things did not go as smoothly as planned. She was going to drive in but we found out last night the brake lights on the car won't turn off. So I had to drive her downtown to her campus and now am off to the mechanic to get it looked at.

Definitely not a good thing. Faulty brake lights are a recipe for accidents.

So, car issues mus pt be contagious. My check engine light was on and the computer said bad emissions. However, they now think it may be valve that went bad that regulates gas flow, but they are diligently searching on my dime. Whoever thought to put computers into cars is a capitalist evil genius. We get new phones, compute, and gadgets every few years, so why not add them into cars so people will do the same things. Oh yeah, and repairs will be costly as well. :furious:

Not only is there the diagnostic and travel inconvenience, but October was the beach vacation. If this repair is too high, not sure how we will swing it. Perhaps there is another lodging alternative.

OK, you can park the camper on the yard as long as you make bread every week. Sounds delicious.

And there it is. You know, with that offer, I would have been already been in Georgia by now. Too bad DW doesn't share my retirement plans of mooching off CJ. :lmao:

I'd heard mixed reviews so didn't go in expecting much. Must be why I enjoyed it so much.

Yep. work. But I'm betting the results are spectacular.

Thanks for the review. Harley Quinn and Joker look great in the previews, and I've heard mixed reviews as well. The movies are just so expensive anymore, than we make a rare visit. I'll probably redbox it eventually.

So, car issues mus pt be contagious. My check engine light was on and the computer said bad emissions. However, they now think it may be valve that went bad that regulates gas flow, but they are diligently searching on my dime. Whoever thought to put computers into cars is a capitalist evil genius. We get new phones, compute, and gadgets every few years, so why not add them into cars so people will do the same things. Oh yeah, and repairs will be costly as well. :furious:

Not only is there the diagnostic and travel inconvenience, but October was the beach vacation. If this repair is too high, not sure how we will swing it. Perhaps there is another lodging alternative.
Well, you can thank the 73 Oil Embargo for computers ending up in the vehicles.
Regardless, having to deal with unexpected repairs stinks on all counts.

What beach are y'all headed to?
Might be that someone 'round here does know some alternatives for lodging if need be.

Had a "check emissions system" message the other day, too. Brought it in about a week later and.... when I started the car to take it in, it was gone. Saw the woman who sold us the car, she said to always wait a week because the car runs its own diagnostics and will usually clear error messages in about a week.

Thanks for the review. Harley Quinn and Joker look great in the previews, and I've heard mixed reviews as well.

Loved HQ, Joker wasn't as good as Heath Ledger... but who could be? Still, didn't mind him at all.

Super crazy a the day job so a quick stop by here, believe it or not, to regain some sanity and calmness to my day.
Those are wise words. Ones I will have to live by in a couple years...
Yep CJ is pretty dead on, all you can do is coach, question, guide, etc. Or, Norm's not too far off with "you're an idiot" as this is sometimes needed :rolleyes1
Another two hours of wonderful alone time with DW while dds were in youth group. I can see why moving day to college is so great.
Has it's pros and cons.

Not throwback Thursday but this popped up on FB from five years ago. First day as a Senior in high school.

I'm sure the guys get tired of reading this, but dang time goes by too fast
Sorry about the car troubles and the compounded factor of lousy timing.

So here's a good one for you guys. The airlines and their computer systems strike again...or tried to at least! I spent a good portion of last night on the phone with a rep from American Airlines.

I received an email from them around 7:00pm last night, politely telling me that our 8:00am flight due to arrive in Orlando at 1:00pm was no longer being offered, so they graciously re-booked everyone on an 11:30 flight that stopped for two hours in Charlotte and landed in Orlando at 7:00pm.

I can't even imagine what that day would be like if we put the kids on an airplane just before nap time and, after two hours in the craziness that is Charlotte, didn't get them into the resort until bed time. Suffice to say that would NOT be a good start to the vacation. Not to mention I'm already going to be there on business just waiting for the wife & kids to arrive. Could you imagine my wife's face when she steps off the plane with two hungry, sleep-deprived hellions, knowing I've spent the day waiting for them beside Storm Along Bay? Dear Lord, in the words of William Shakespeare "Though she may be little, she is fierce".

In the end, the representative from American was great. She kept apologizing for putting me on hold, but I continually assured her that if she could fix this, I'd happily stay on the phone with her all night. Turns out they didn't actually eliminate our flight, they just assigned it a new flight number, and the American computer system, in all its brilliance, decided to re-book us on a later flight instead of just changing us over to the one that took its place under a new number.

The saga continues. For the second Sunday in a row, I got an email from American notifying me of a schedule change. This time, they decided my trip home needed some attention, so they changed my return flight from a 2:30pm into a 7:30pm. That would get us home not at a comfortable and pre-bedtime of 7:00pm, but a rather ghastly 12:30am.

So, we'd leave Orlando just before bedtime, wake the kids up in DC to change planes and gates, put them back on another flight, wake them to disembark and collect our bags, then get them home and back to sleep. Sounds totally reasonable. :sad2:

If it wasn't so comical, I might be tempted to lose my mind. Just like last week, I was able to get a rep on the phone and get us back on the same return flight with a different flight number. Someone in American's IT department needs to be taken out behind the wood shed.

Interesting. I had pretty much written it off because of the mixed reviews, but both you and a co-worker said yesterday that it was good. I might have to give it a chance.

The saga continues. For the second Sunday in a row, I got an email from American notifying me of a schedule change. This time, they decided my trip home needed some attention, so they changed my return flight from a 2:30pm into a 7:30pm. That would get us home not at a comfortable and pre-bedtime of 7:00pm, but a rather ghastly 12:30am.

So, we'd leave Orlando just before bedtime, wake the kids up in DC to change planes and gates, put them back on another flight, wake them to disembark and collect our bags, then get them home and back to sleep. Sounds totally reasonable. :sad2:

If it wasn't so comical, I might be tempted to lose my mind. Just like last week, I was able to get a rep on the phone and get us back on the same return flight with a different flight number. Someone in American's IT department needs to be taken out behind the wood shed.
Yep, that sounds awful. Good to hear that you were able to get it changed around.

Norm, you are going to love this...

She took a couple of pics of her new campus.

The building in the background is the cafeteria (they serve real food) and a bar. Currently under renovation until October so the bar is just a stand. They also have a private beach which you can access not only during the week but also on weekends.

This is the dock where their research boat is usually moored.

The building in the background is the cafeteria (they serve real food) and a bar. Currently under renovation until October so the bar is just a stand. They also have a private beach which you can access not only during the week but also on weekends.

I am in the W-R-O-N-G business...

What the ..……??? I went to the wrong school and if my two ever see these pics ……

WE saw it this afternoon at an IMax theatre here in Montreal. I thought it a good movie, some of the CGI was a bit off and the villain had some strange dance moves. The little clip during the credits was interesting.

Off to La Ronde tomorrow; it is the Six Flags park in Montreal.

Wow, how does one apply to this school? Thinking of a career change. ;)

Well, you can thank the 73 Oil Embargo for computers ending up in the vehicles.
Regardless, having to deal with unexpected repairs stinks on all counts.

What beach are y'all headed to?
Might be that someone 'round here does know some alternatives for lodging if need be.

Or buy a vehicle older than 1973? We are headed to Vero Beach with our dvc points.

Had a "check emissions system" message the other day, too. Brought it in about a week later and.... when I started the car to take it in, it was gone. Saw the woman who sold us the car, she said to always wait a week because the car runs its own diagnostics and will usually clear error messages in about a week.

It's been on there for a week. I had it read right away and kept it until today to take into the shop.

Sorry about the car troubles and the compounded factor of lousy timing.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't go all negative and try to figure it out once the final bill arrives. I could always shorten the trip and still go.

That just sucks. Hope you are able to find customer service in customer service.

]

Maybe you can adopt me and pay for me to go to school there? :lmao:

Hey, congrats to her on living her dreams.

Man. Someone at American really doesn't like you.

Interesting. I had pretty much written it off because of the mixed reviews, but both you and a co-worker said yesterday that it was good. I might have to give it a chance.

Go in with an open mind. Is it great? Nope. But can it be fun? Yep!

Wow. This is not the same school I went to...

WE saw it this afternoon at an IMax theatre here in Montreal. I thought it a good movie, some of the CGI was a bit off and the villain had some strange dance moves. The little clip during the credits was interesting.

Agree with all that.
Couple of obvious plot issues, too. But... like I said... still fun.

Off to La Ronde tomorrow; it is the Six Flags park in Montreal.

Seen it (watched Intl. Fireworks from the bridge) but never been.

Ah, the life of Cj's DD...

Happy Tuesday. Since the Aztek is still in for repairs, I get to drive DW's car and she drives her dad's corvette. She is really enjoying the start to her day. Took a day off from tennis last night as there is a tournament this weekend. I'm sure all of you are anxious for me. If you are so inclined, feel free to sponsor me. :lmao:

Ah, the life of Cj's DD...

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

This is why I am on the search for a 79 F150. I had one in High school. Straight 6, 3 on the tree. Could fit 3 people under the hood. It was great.

That is not fully true. Yes it will run a check. Yes it can clear it if it was a false positive or no longer acting up. However, being she said it was doing it before, it is still there. The computer will clear it for a couple of weeks and it will be back again. My truck does the same thing. Took it to my brother who read the codes (when the light was off because it went off on the way) and the code was still there. Mine is an emissions sensor on the exhaust. Not concerned about it.

Again, I am on the search for an older vehicle that I can still work on. Not excited about all this new crap I can't fix, adjust, repair. Too much electronics.
Not to mention, after an EMP or a solar storm, it is possible the pre electronic vehicles will still run. Any of this new stuff will be paper weights.

And no nose rings!

Interesting. I was staying away due to the reviews.

So, car issues mus pt be contagious. My check engine light was on and the computer said bad emissions. However, they now think it may be valve that went bad that regulates gas flow, but they are diligently searching on my dime.

The diagnostic charges drive me nuts. I understand the time it takes to find a problem means they aren't working on other cars, but usually they're just plugging into the car's computer. Easy money.

Yep CJ is pretty dead on, all you can do is coach, question, guide, etc. Or, Norm's not too far off with "you're an idiot" as this is sometimes needed :rolleyes1

Sometimes it's also helpful to ask, "What will that look like when you're my age?"

:faint: Heaven forbid you just keep the flight you paid for.

Rosen%20beach.jpg

You could do worse for a classroom.

Happy Tuesday. Since the Aztek is still in for repairs, I get to drive DW's car and she drives her dad's corvette.

An Aztek? Just like Walter White, huh?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter