DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Last one in the bar has to take Mulan home. And let me tell ya, she....

a) Handles that sword like a master
b) Will make a man out of you
c) Skews your cannon just as you're about to shoot.
Just be careful if she asks you to pet her red dragon, it may not be what you think!

What's everyone having?
Have a great Friday chaps, keep the faith......
The Kraken...for supper...see above....

Getting ready for state tournament and playing tennis consecutive days Tuesday through Saturday. Our team will have to play two matches a day, two consecutive days, to make it to the finals, assuming we win. I'm not getting any younger and while still hurting, and able to play at my now usual level. Two more weeks to go.

To complete my training, took DW to my local liquor store bar and had some bourbons. Bought a bottle of Ribe Mead. It tastes like honey and is 19% alcohol. It was served in a wine glass as a 4 oz sample. Yeah, I'm feeling it.

Alive or dead? Did you cook it or was it brought cooked to you? While the latter is easier, the former is better. Where is the butter? Pass me the Abt 12.

These were cooked, like you say much easier.

Good luck in the tournament; hope you saved some of the mead for tonight.

Survived the morning and my knee is sore. Still, 5 fairly competitive matches in 5 consecutive days. To win the finals, we would have to win 5 in three days. I guess I'm as close as I can be. Getting ready to take youngest to first tournament.

Not a fan of 4 Roses, but I might look out for Basil Hayden - never come across that one

Basil Hayden is my current favorite - real smooth - and related but too many generations away to get royalties. Have fun at DLP.

We don't need a law for this. This is what makes us DISDads!!!

As you command.

One dance recital down, one more to go tonight. Ran away from work yesterday at 4:15pm, had 30 minutes at home before we ran off to the recital at 5:00. I sold tickets on a 50/50 draw for an hour before the show and during the 15 minute intermission (in support of the girls dance trip to WDW in July), so not much rest. Got home at 10:45pm. Needless to say, I broke out the Kraken, two glasses of which, along with a bag of Doritos, was effectively my supper. And why do I do this again? The girls enjoy it and have a great group of friends. And it makes me proud seeing their hard work on stage. If you're wondering, youngest DD was in 5 dances and oldest was just in one, but was also a backstage "runner" getting all the little ones to go where they needed to be. (Side note: you know all those costumes are almost 100 bucks a pop...back to work Monday). Anyway, can't help but share a few pictures :)
]

Great pictures. I remember how much those costumes were, so yes, back to work.

Just be careful if she asks you to pet her red dragon, it may not be what you think!

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

These were cooked, like you say much easier.

Good luck in the tournament; hope you saved some of the mead for tonight.

Didn't open it. My liquor store got a serving license and built a 7 seat bar where customers can pay for samples. You can get different pours (max 1 oz liquor, 4 oz wine, 12 oz draft beer), but they limit you to three drinks of any combination.

We tried a 4 ounce pour, and DW and I shared it. It tastes and smells like honey, with a strong kick. It might be better over ice cream as it was so sweet.

One dance recital down, one more to go tonight. Ran away from work yesterday at 4:15pm, had 30 minutes at home before we ran off to the recital at 5:00. I sold tickets on a 50/50 draw for an hour before the show and during the 15 minute intermission (in support of the girls dance trip to WDW in July), so not much rest. Got home at 10:45pm. Needless to say, I broke out the Kraken, two glasses of which, along with a bag of Doritos, was effectively my supper. And why do I do this again? The girls enjoy it and have a great group of friends. And it makes me proud seeing their hard work on stage. If you're wondering, youngest DD was in 5 dances and oldest was just in one, but was also a backstage "runner" getting all the little ones to go where they needed to be. (Side note: you know all those costumes are almost 100 bucks a pop...back to work Monday). Anyway, can't help but share a few pictures :) (I'm sure @pkondz can appreciate since I know he used to do this kind of thing)

View attachment 243177

View attachment 243178

View attachment 243179

View attachment 243180

View attachment 243181

View attachment 243182

View attachment 243183
That does bring back memories! Recent ones... like a couple weeks ago!

Dance recital #2 is done. I didn't watch any of the dances last night, but I spent the night in charge of the fundraising (I "only" sold tickets the first night). I sold flowers at $5 each (for parents to give the dancers) and sold the 50/50 tickets again. I was also in charge of counting the money, we took in $1168, so the 50/50 prize was $584, so not a bad result. I also went on stage to draw the winning ticket. And yes, DW had bought some. I was partly hoping to win it, but at the same time relived I didn't because somebody would likely have cried foul. Anyway, it was a tiring couple days but the girls enjoy it so that's what counts I guess.

Now today is oldest DD voice & piano recital. At least that one we just show up at 2:00 and sit for a couple hours.

Dance recital #2 is done. I didn't watch any of the dances last night, but I spent the night in charge of the fundraising (I "only" sold tickets the first night). I sold flowers at $5 each (for parents to give the dancers) and sold the 50/50 tickets again. I was also in charge of counting the money, we took in $1168, so the 50/50 prize was $584, so not a bad result. I also went on stage to draw the winning ticket. And yes, DW had bought some. I was partly hoping to win it, but at the same time relived I didn't because somebody would likely have cried foul. Anyway, it was a tiring couple days but the girls enjoy it so that's what counts I guess.

Now today is oldest DD voice & piano recital. At least that one we just show up at 2:00 and sit for a couple hours.
Your dance recitals sound a lot like mine.
I don't watch them, but I spend 3 long nights backstage directing traffic, making sure the parents know where to drop off their kids, running back and forth getting groups lined up in the hallway, taking them backstage when there's room. By the end of night 3 I was pretty beat.

Tennis Singles Championship. First girls 15 and under division. Charly tennis.jpg

And, she came back from 1-6 in the first set, 6-4, 10-8 in the tiebreak. And with a busted knee from tripping over the sidewalk at the house. Definitely a proud dad here.

Enjoy the recitals. My mom made me do piano lessons and a recital when I was younger. I can read music and still play some easy Christmas carols, but other than that, the piano gathers dust and hold family pictures.

And, she came back from 1-6 in the first set, 6-4, 10-8 in the tiebreak. And with a busted knee from tripping over the sidewalk at the house. Definitely a proud dad here.
Good job, congrats to the DD!
Anyway, it was a tiring couple days but the girls enjoy it so that's what counts I guess.
Some top effort there mate, now you can have a rest by going back to work
Basil Hayden is my current favorite - real smooth - and related but too many generations away to get royalties
I didn't pick up the connection with the name but even if you don't get royalties, that's pretty cool. I'll look out for it over here and see if I can get my hands on a bottle. I've been working my way through the bottles with small amounts left in, so the cupboards looking pretty bare at the minute.

Happy Monday chaps, we are now halfway through the first day in future Disdad world.
38 days till the Poly though, so that works.

One dance recital down, one more to go tonight. Ran away from work yesterday at 4:15pm, had 30 minutes at home before we ran off to the recital at 5:00. I sold tickets on a 50/50 draw for an hour before the show and during the 15 minute intermission (in support of the girls dance trip to WDW in July), so not much rest. Got home at 10:45pm. Needless to say, I broke out the Kraken, two glasses of which, along with a bag of Doritos, was effectively my supper. And why do I do this again? The girls enjoy it and have a great group of friends. And it makes me proud seeing their hard work on stage. If you're wondering, youngest DD was in 5 dances and oldest was just in one, but was also a backstage "runner" getting all the little ones to go where they needed to be. (Side note: you know all those costumes are almost 100 bucks a pop...back to work Monday). Anyway, can't help but share a few pictures :) (I'm sure @pkondz can appreciate since I know he used to do this kind of thing)

Man, you've been running the gauntlet lately. And all without traveling to Brunei! Sounds like you earned the Kraken and Doritos, dinner of champions.

Tennis Singles Championship. First girls 15 and under division.
charly-tennis-jpg.243798

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Afternoon guys. Spent the weekend soaking up as much family time as we could with the kids and our new ILs (his mom & step dad) as we have a lot in common with them and as I've referenced before they are good people. Yesterday was a bit rough as we drove DD & her hubby to the airport for them to head out to San Diego - she is now a military wife. DW has shaken, needed a shovel for the pile of tissues, but I dragged her out to breakfast and then to her folks house for us to do some things over there to help out than had her folks over for dinner to clear out all the leftovers of cooking out the past week. Hope the week moves quickly for all of us.
Did Belle Vue lounge have draft beer? I can't remember. Still, I had by first St. Bernadus Abt 12 there, so I'm willing to meet you there.

Good idea. I sampled Four Roses single barrel, Willet single barrel, and my favorite Basil Hayden.
Have not had Basil Hayden, thanks as I will add this to my try it list
I'm in with ya mate, few bourbons tonight, but I may partake of a cigar. Got a couple of Romeo & Julietas that are calling me....

Morning brethren, the sun in shining and the bacon is on. My compatriots seem to be on some kind of mission to see how much they can balls up this fine country in the space of 2 years.

But on a lighter note, cheeky trip alert. Last night booked a cheeky 2 nighter to DLP for next Friday. Bonus is that Its a small world is shut. So thats only 15 times I'll have to explain to the little one why we can't go on it.

Have an awesome Saturday fellas.

London out.
How was that cigar? May have one tonight as I think I've shaken this crud I've had. Regarding the country mess - hang on we are right there with you over here. Congrats on the 2 nighter, DS is getting in a couple of days at WDW on his own before our cruise and I'm now jealous of him.

View attachment 243177

View attachment 243178

View attachment 243179

View attachment 243180

View attachment 243181

View attachment 243182

View attachment 243183
Great pics and nice job on the volunteer working Dad front!
:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Again nice job there Dad. Reminded me of the days of running two soccer tournaments a year for the club DD played for - I miss those days so even though that volunteering is time consuming enjoy it mi amigo.
Tennis Singles Championship. First girls 15 and under division. View attachment 243798

CONGRATS to DD! Nice job there yourself coach Dad :thumbsup2
Happy Monday chaps, we are now halfway through the first day in future Disdad world.
Same to you as well - hope you're enjoying whatever Monday night beverage you like. Would love to be at Polly but gonna have to settle for that 10 night DCL sailing - only 15 days for that one :sail:

Afternoon, All! Hot day here in New England. The weather people are saying it could hit 95, which is about thirty degrees above my comfort zone. I'd prefer 30 to 90 any day. At least if you're cold, you can put on another layer, but hot is just hot. I'm trying valiantly to hold off on putting the A/C units in since the forecast says it's going back down to the mid-70's starting tomorrow night. It was warm enough last night that my wife started hinting toward central A/C again. :rolleyes1

Yesterday was ADR day. Surprisingly, I didn't have a single problem with reservations. We got everything we wanted for the exact times we were looking for. That's a first. I told my wife that it went so smoothly, I was worried...

I'm a dis dad. Found myself chuckling (mostly at how many fit me) at the criteria.
I'm also a dis granddad since taking my DS, DIL and DGSs to WDW back in February.
I'm in Atlanta suburb.

Trying to find out the criteria to join, but I guess it's like the super secret handshake. :rotfl:

I'm a dis dad. Found myself chuckling (mostly at how many fit me) at the criteria.
I'm also a dis granddad since taking my DS, DIL and DGSs to WDW back in February.
I'm in Atlanta suburb.

Trying to find out the criteria to join, but I guess it's like the super secret handshake. :rotfl:
:welcome: to the club!
Our illustrious (nefarious?) leader will be along shortly with your official number and dues.

What a long day. And it's only 2:00 PM. Did Vacation Bible School for 25 children. It certainly confirms why alcohol is legal. :drinking1 :scared1:

Good job, congrats to the DD!

Thanks. Do we still have 38 days? I'm ready to leave now.

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Thanks.

CONGRATS to DD! Nice job there yourself coach Dad :thumbsup2

Same to you as well - hope you're enjoying whatever Monday night beverage you like. Would love to be at Polly but gonna have to settle for that 10 night DCL sailing - only 15 days for that one :sail:

Thanks. She lost several third set tiebreaks in HS play this season. She got nervous and played tight. I'm hoping this gives her more confidence.

Enjoy that 10 day DCL. Hope it helps you settle and recover. :lmao:

Yesterday was ADR day. Surprisingly, I didn't have a single problem with reservations. We got everything we wanted for the exact times we were looking for. That's a first. I told my wife that it went so smoothly, I was worried...

I'll take a warm day over a cold day. Congrats on the ADRs. What's the list? That puts you going mid December before the high crowds for Christmas vacation? I would like to try that week.

What a long day. And it's only 2:00 PM. Did Vacation Bible School for 25 children. It certainly confirms why alcohol is legal. :drinking1 :scared1:

We started our VBS last night. Day #2 tonight. I'm so looking forward to Friday (already) :teeth:

Don't get me wrong, I like kids well enough, but when you're responsible for 50-60 that aren't yours and (some) don't listen to even basic instructions, it's taxing.

How was that cigar? May have one tonight as I think I've shaken this crud I've had
It was good, they are always better straight out of the humidor, I bought them on Friday from my shop. Enjoy the DCL.
Same to you as well - hope you're enjoying whatever Monday night beverage you like
That would be diet coke mate, off the beers in the week - gotta look good for Norm in July.....
If we were that exclusive they wouldn't have let me in. Welcome mate. Pull up a chair. Beers in the fridge.
Do we still have 38 days? I'm ready to leave now.
I thought so, but its 36, according to DW, so there you go buddy, 3 off the total already. We'll be there before you know it.

I'm in Atlanta suburb.

41Isglxt0cL_zpse3db42f0.jpg

Thanks. She lost several third set tiebreaks in HS play this season. She got nervous and played tight. I'm hoping this gives her more confidence.

Enjoy that 10 day DCL. Hope it helps you settle and recover. :lmao:
Good deal with DD getting over third set / late in the game jitters - good for her! I plan enjoying that 10 day DCL and we do need to just get away but I am sure DW will crack at some point as first cruise without DD.
It was good, they are always better straight out of the humidor, I bought them on Friday from my shop. Enjoy the DCL.

That would be diet coke mate, off the beers in the week - gotta look good for Norm in July.....
Got my own humidor so I can take advantage of lower per prices buying complete boxes.

Something we should know about you and Norm ? :crazy2: :rolleyes: :scared:

Got my own humidor so I can take advantage of lower per prices buying complete boxes.

Something we should know about you and Norm ? :crazy2: :rolleyes: :scared:

Yep, me as well, but we have full on industrial ones in the shop, so they are always a bit better when you buy them from the store I think. Plus I get 20% discount.
As for me and Norm, that Disdad calendar photo shoot is not going to take care if itself.:scared1:

Is it just me or does the idea that vacation Bible school leading to the ingestion of alcohol seem somewhat incongruous?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter