DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Is it just me or does the idea that vacation Bible school leading to the ingestion of alcohol seem somewhat incongruous?

Well...for the record, it was only ONE of us that said something about drinking after. Also, in his defense, he simply said he understands why alcohol is legal...he did not actually SAY he was consuming it. :rotfl: :duck:

Tennis Singles Championship. First girls 15 and under division.
charly-tennis-jpg.243798

And, she came back from 1-6 in the first set, 6-4, 10-8 in the tiebreak. And with a busted knee from tripping over the sidewalk at the house. Definitely a proud dad here.
I didn't have time to say it properly yesterday, but CONGRATS TO DD!!! Great comeback, even with the banged up knee.

Trying to find out the criteria to join, but I guess it's like the super secret handshake. :rotfl:
No secret handshake, but numbers cost extra :rotfl2: (I'm sure Randall will be around soon to hand you one)

Did Vacation Bible School for 25 children. It certainly confirms why alcohol is legal.
I can see that. My DD goes in it the first week of July. I usually only go down for the little 'end of week concert' they do. But even after that I could use a Lapu Lapu.

As for me and Norm, that Disdad calendar photo shoot is not going to take care if itself.:scared1:
Oh dear, do I foresee Dole whips and budgie smugglers at the Poly in July? :rotfl:

‘Morning all…
Finally got through the morass that is my employers’ month-end reporting cycle, so now I actually have time to drop by here again. Hope all are well and that everyone was properly careful when petting Mulan’s dragon.

Congrats to all the young’ens’s accomplishments I’ve read about over the past week or so.
It’s always a pleasure to hear y’all talk about your kids. It’s kind’a the reason we’re all here.
They drive us completely insane, but we wouldn’t trade ‘em for anything under the sun.

Myself, I’m Just about over that inevitable post Dis-Trip depression.
That’s the one downside with a Disney obsession…
When you do finally get back there, you still almost invariable have to return from whence you came.
And always entirely too soon.

On the up side we’ll be headed back on the road down toward the SC coast in a few days.
Time near my ocean and away from my overlords will certainly do me well.

I'm a dis dad. Found myself chuckling (mostly at how many fit me) at the criteria.
I'm also a dis granddad since taking my DS, DIL and DGSs to WDW back in February.
I'm in Atlanta suburb.

Trying to find out the criteria to join, but I guess it's like the super secret handshake. :rotfl:
:welcome:

The criteria for joining is as simple as being foolish enough to walk into the clubhouse.
So Congrats! You’re officially fooli… errrr… a Member!

Drag you a lawn chair over here, kick some of the beer cans out of the way and sit a spell.
We’re glad to have you along for the ride.

What a long day. And it's only 2:00 PM. Did Vacation Bible School for 25 children.
That is both an example of dedication and a willful disregard for one’s own wellbeing.
You’re a good soul.

It certainly confirms why alcohol is legal. :drinking1 :scared1:
One of many verifiable reasons.

that Disdad calendar photo shoot is not going to take care if itself.:scared1:
Ain’t sure it’s in humanity’s best interest that this be taken care of at all. :laughing:

Is it just me or does the idea that vacation Bible school leading to the ingestion of alcohol seem somewhat incongruous?
Naaaa…
Lookin’ after a whole passel of young’ens, regardless of the nobility of the project, often requires a bit of post event decompression.

It's just you.
First you turn water into wine, and then...
Good point.
A little grease on the rails generally makes all things move more a bit more smoothly.

Heck, my home nation would never even have gotten off the ground were it not for the fact that all the delegates in Philadelphia (and basically the entire population at the time) spent pretty much all their waking hours half-lit.

he simply said he understands why alcohol is legal...he did not actually SAY he was consuming it. :rotfl: :duck:
With Norm…
It’s simply understood.

I'll take a warm day over a cold day. Congrats on the ADRs. What's the list? That puts you going mid December before the high crowds for Christmas vacation? I would like to try that week.

I'm the opposite. You can always throw on another layer of you're cold.

The list is: Trattoria al Forno, Garden Grill lunch, Crystal Palace, Ohana breakfast, Cape May, Via Napoli, Akershus, Ohana, and Teppan Edo. The kids are little, so we're usually pretty heavy on character meals.

We did the week before Thanksgiving last year, and had good luck right up until the final days. This year's December week was the one Bounce Back week that fit our schedule. I'm hoping it's a decent week for crowds and temperatures.

Speaking of schedules, it turns out that since our next two trips fall within 11 months, it'll be cheaper to buy Annual Passes than park tickets for each trip. That makes me think maybe I can sneak in a short trip between the two in the spring. I'm looking at either March 9-13 or May 4-8. Does anyone ave any experience with these time frames? Thoughts on crowds, temperatures, etc.

I'm the opposite. You can always throw on another layer of you're cold.

I respectfully disagree....
Hypothermia will kill you quicker than heat will.
If I'm stranded in a hot climate, as long as I can find water, I will survive.
If I'm stranded in a cold climate, game over.
And for those who work in construction or otherwise outside, if they have to use their hands/fingers, putting on another layer may not be possible. Also, having too many layers wreaks havoc on mobility. Working in the heat, you might burn your fingers, but at least you can use them.

To (somewhat) quote gollum...I haaattttessss the cold precccciooousss. Haaaattttesss it.

Oh dear, do I foresee Dole whips and budgie smugglers at the Poly in July? :rotfl:
Ain’t sure it’s in humanity’s best interest that this be taken care of at all. :laughing:
I'm starting to get the feeling that you guys are not buying into the whole calendar thing.
They drive us completely insane, but we wouldn’t trade ‘em for anything under the sun.
Amen.
Myself, I’m Just about over that inevitable post Dis-Trip depression.
What do you do to stave off the post disney withdrawals? we watch a pile of you tube videos as well as make a family video....

Evening boys from the mother country. 78 and sticky over here. Watching England v France, sans beer. Have a great afternoon, and remember, nobody expects the spanish inquisition.

We started our VBS last night. Day #2 tonight. I'm so looking forward to Friday (already) :teeth:

Don't get me wrong, I like kids well enough, but when you're responsible for 50-60 that aren't yours and (some) don't listen to even basic instructions, it's taxing.

Have to admit I'm glad for the the low attendance. I arranged enough help for 50 kids, but it is difficult with half that.

That would be diet coke mate, off the beers in the week - gotta look good for Norm in July.....
it.

Why? I ain't looking good for you.

Good deal with DD getting over third set / late in the game jitters - good for her! I plan enjoying that 10 day DCL and we do need to just get away but I am sure DW will crack at some point as first cruise without DD.

Got my own humidor so I can take advantage of lower per prices buying complete boxes.

Something we should know about you and Norm ? :crazy2: :rolleyes: :scared:

Well, I hope your DW does well without dd. I haven't made it that life stage yet, but imagine I'll have the same with my DW. I used to have a cheap humidor but the dds turned it into a crayon box when they were younger. :sad2:

Dan is bringing me a pair of West Ham budge smugglers. Don't worry. The only person who would ever see me wearing those is my DW, and she may even close her eyes. :lmao: Now, if there was a big enough check written and it safely and legally cleared deposit on the bank, then yeah, I'd pose for all 12 months. None of you have that much money though.

Not sure what all those words mean. But, I do know Jesus turned water into wine, so as a Catholic, I'm obligated to teach alcohol consumption. :sad2: Ok, so maybe that isn't fully doctrinally correct but its been a long day and I'm tired.

Dance recital #2 is done. I didn't watch any of the dances last night, but I spent the night in charge of the fundraising (I "only" sold tickets the first night). I sold flowers at $5 each (for parents to give the dancers) and sold the 50/50 tickets again. I was also in charge of counting the money, we took in $1168, so the 50/50 prize was $584, so not a bad result. I also went on stage to draw the winning ticket. And yes, DW had bought some. I was partly hoping to win it, but at the same time relived I didn't because somebody would likely have cried foul. Anyway, it was a tiring couple days but the girls enjoy it so that's what counts I guess.

Now today is oldest DD voice & piano recital. At least that one we just show up at 2:00 and sit for a couple hours.

Only home for a week and you are being treated like a celebrity, well done!

Tennis Singles Championship. First girls 15 and under division. View attachment 243798

And, she came back from 1-6 in the first set, 6-4, 10-8 in the tiebreak. And with a busted knee from tripping over the sidewalk at the house. Definitely a proud dad here.

Congrats to DD! Very impressive!

I'm a dis dad. Found myself chuckling (mostly at how many fit me) at the criteria.
I'm also a dis granddad since taking my DS, DIL and DGSs to WDW back in February.
I'm in Atlanta suburb.

Welcome to the Club!

It's just you.
First you turn water into wine, and then...

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

And, to top off the week, my goddaughter is helping out at VBS and is staying with us from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM each day. Now, that makes three teenage girls in the house at the same time. I may set up a bourbon IV before the week ends.

Well...for the record, it was only ONE of us that said something about drinking after. Also, in his defense, he simply said he understands why alcohol is legal...he did not actually SAY he was consuming it. :rotfl: :duck:

Oh yeah, I'm consuming it. I had some leftover donated Miller Genuine Draft for a program year end celebration I coordinated last week. So, I'm drinking one for lunch after all the kids leave each day. :lmao:

Sorry I forgot to welcome you. Dues are payable in dole whips, bacon, beer, or cake. You mail 820+ to me and I mail out to all the guys.

I didn't have time to say it properly yesterday, but CONGRATS TO DD!!! Great comeback, even with the banged up knee.

Thanks. As for the photo calendar in July at the Poly, they don't even have enough Lapu Lapu's for that.

On the up side we’ll be headed back on the road down toward the SC coast in a few days.
Time near my ocean and away from my overlords will certainly do me well.

With Norm…
It’s simply understood.

The ocean sounds terrific right now. Think I'll leave tonight. Oh wait, I can't.

Thanks for your understanding. I figure if I consistently shoot for the lowest expectations possible, then I might be able to reach them, or disappoint the least often.

And knowing just the right spot is vital in many of life's endeavors.

And knowing is half the battle?

The list is: Trattoria al Forno, Garden Grill lunch, Crystal Palace, Ohana breakfast, Cape May, Via Napoli, Akershus, Ohana, and Teppan Edo. The kids are little, so we're usually pretty heavy on character meals.

Speaking of schedules, it turns out that since our next two trips fall within 11 months, it'll be cheaper to buy Annual Passes than park tickets for each trip. That makes me think maybe I can sneak in a short trip between the two in the spring. I'm looking at either March 9-13 or May 4-8. Does anyone ave any experience with these time frames? Thoughts on crowds, temperatures, etc.

Great list. Been to all of them. Via Napoli has made it into a must do every trip to Epcot now. We missed Trattoria (Spoodles, Kouzina) before it was a character breakfast, but the food was good. Not been in March, and not sure how college Spring breaks are on the crowd calendar. May was terrific. Not too hot and still low crowd levels with school in session.

Last edited:
Well, I know I haven't gotten my official number nor have I been taught the secret handshake (although I get the feeling it might be like a blood brothers handshake, but with dole whip instead)....but...

I and DW and possibly DD (she started working, so we'll see) will be going down for just a weekend visit Sep 22-25. Planning on doing a park on Saturday, the 23rd and then water park Sunday.

Any other disdads going to be there then? Would like to meet up if so.

Great picks. I have never been to Teppan Edo, but it looks good from the reviews I've read.

And, to top off the week, my goddaughter is helping out at VBS and is staying with us from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM each day. Now, that makes three teenage girls in the house at the same time. I may set up a bourbon IV before the week ends.
My condolences. Hoping your bourbon drip performs it's intended duties.

Well, I know I haven't gotten my official number
I guess Randall is still counting...

Watching England v France, sans beer
Why? Why on earth would you watch soccer without beer?

You tell 'em Normie

You mail 820+ to me and I mail out to all the guys.
Hey Norm I think you must still have my address wrong, I'm a couple hundred behind on collecting my share of the dues from the new guys.

Well, I know I haven't gotten my official number
The godfather is working a little slow.
Your number is not that important until you need to get into the clubhouse. All you have to do is plug that number into this equation and it will give you the GPS coordinates and tell you the number of times you need to knock.
5958522_s1-resized-377.png

You tell 'em Normie

Hey Norm I think you must still have my address wrong, I'm a couple hundred behind on collecting my share of the dues from the new guys.

The godfather is working a little slow.
Your number is not that important until you need to get into the clubhouse. All you have to do is plug that number into this equation and it will give you the GPS coordinates and tell you the number of times you need to knock.
5958522_s1-resized-377.png

Such a simplistic formula just to tell me to go to German Pavilion, get a bier and rap on the table 4 times? I think we could have come up with a more complicated formula to prevent just anyone from finding us. :rotfl2:

The week is only half way over? It feels like VBS has lasted 3 years as opposed to 3 days. I see a meeting where we can discuss not doing this next year. Maybe I can fake some type of injury or something.

Hummmm...
Let me check on that.

62dc1e5213257539b1514f0e6b0a8647.jpg

Yep, apparently it is.

:lmao:

Well, I know I haven't gotten my official number nor have I been taught the secret handshake (although I get the feeling it might be like a blood brothers handshake, but with dole whip instead)....but...

I and DW and possibly DD (she started working, so we'll see) will be going down for just a weekend visit Sep 22-25. Planning on doing a park on Saturday, the 23rd and then water park Sunday.

Any other disdads going to be there then? Would like to meet up if so.

Our CBO, Chief Bacon Office stays busy, but he will be around to get you the official member #. In the meantime, you can get busy sending me those dues payments. Do you stay on property? Which resort? ADRs booked? FP+ schedule? C'mon man, get posting.

I do enjoy watching soccer without beer, but you have asked an even more important question. Why would you do anything without beer? :drinking1 :lmao:

As for the dues, I've sent you the exact % of the dues I have received that you are entitled to. :headache:

Last edited:
Dan is bringing me a pair of West Ham budge smugglers.
These two statements are in direct contradiction with each other :rotfl:

It gives me clarity on how galactically useless England are as a football unit. With West Ham I already know this, so I can drink away.
Trattoria al Forno, Garden Grill lunch, Crystal Palace, Ohana breakfast, Cape May, Via Napoli, Akershus, Ohana, and Teppan Edo
Nice one

Such a simplistic formula just to tell me to go to German Pavilion, get a bier and rap on the table 4 times? I think we could have come up with a more complicated formula to prevent just anyone from finding us. :rotfl2:

Ahhh yes, but which beer???

As for the dues, I've sent you the exact % of the dues I have received that you are entitled to. :headache:
Wow make me feel like I never left work. :crowded:

Top O the Mornin Dads!
Forgot to include the pretzel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter