DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Rain continues to fall down here. Not complaining considering what is happening in Texas.

Some college football today but the best time of the year starts in one week. CAN NOT WAIT!

Evening folks. Done work. Off to the west coast for a week. Play nice while I'm gone.

Snowballs chance in Animal Kingdom during August that is going to happen.

Happy Friday everybody. I'm working from my local mechanics office this morning as I've got a bunch lights on on my dashboard.

That sucks. Hope you made it out of there without too much pain.

Back in the office after our quick four day vacation (pics if you are interested https://goo.gl/photos/wa3xBS9RvC2Hvpxv6) . Arrived home last night in time to play soccer (1-1 draw) but man I am stiff this morning. I guess I should have had more beer after the game. Headed to my hometown tomorrow for my mother's 70th birthday party. I am getting ready for all the "well you must remember him/her" comments.

Hope mom's 70th went well. Did she bring out your baby pics?

Yeah, I need to work on Scotty's ninja skills. That chicken smelled really good.

I'll stay on Julie about underwater pics. Not sure when she gets to Florida in the curriculum.

Nothing like the smell of chicken on the grill. It was funny that the others were all in. Whatever Julie needs is an open invitation. If she wants info/pics let me know, if she doesn't need anything, that is also good.

That would be lovely, cheers Rob. I think we are looking for things that the kids would dig. We are staying at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, so we were going to check out the Smoky Mountains and around there, then 3 days in Charleston in the Vendue (we think its Easter weekend, and I believe they do a cool easter egg hunt in Charleston on the Sunday), 3 Days in Savannah in Marshall House (we took your suggestion about staying on the river) and a week in Jekyll Island Club to do a little bit of rnr and hit some beaches around there and the Northern tip of FLA. Then off to the Poly for 3 nights. Any suggestions gratefully received mate.

Wow, that is a nice itinerary. My SIL lives in Savannah so if you need sights/restaurant options, I can ask her. I do know that the locals pan Paula Dean's restaurant there. They say pricey and while the food is good there are better options. The Riverfront is a great place. You should enjoy that.

Okay boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Everyone out. Work week over. Everyone in Jock Lindseys for Long Island Iced Teas. Last one in has to take Cruella home. And let me tell ya, she jus' loves a doggy.

We need to start keeping a list. I can't keep track of whose reputation we have trashed and who is left available.

Forget the list. We don't remember what happened yesterday let alone last week. Just don't mention Jasmine every week. On second thought...

Tacoma narrows bridge. If you really don't like bridges you may not want to look.

I'll pass.

And they can BBQ fish & chips???

That was funny. One of the best fries/chips ever was at this small place in London. Needed a snack and went in there. The guy behind the counter was the owner an we had a nice chat. Didn't hold the whole revolution thing against me. Man they were good.

Thoughts and prayers to those in Texas dealing with this hurricane

Same here.

Happy Saturday. Split results today. We won the doubles championship. Youngest dd lost in her doubles finals. Championship trophy was a free tournament towel. I won't tell anyone if I'm sore or not, but I did manage to walk to the car.

I just had a light come on telling me to tighten the gas cap even though it was tight. Called the dealer and they said wait until it goes away. I took their advice and it worked. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Just be careful. She likes 101 doggies. I'm not sure any of us are up to that.

Just like fixing a computer. Turn it off and on.

As for those 101 doggies, yeah, not at my age. Not sure at any age.

Nice one mate. We had homemade Chick Pea Veg Curry and a Lamb Curry with our next door neighbours at theirs (she's Indian, so the currys are fabulous) and me and her husband cracked open a fridge keg. Really nice chilled out evening.

Never found a good place to find curry. Kentucky isn't quite known for that cuisine. We ate at Sanaa one trip and DW enjoyed it. I thought it was ok.

Some college football today but the best time of the year starts in one week. CAN NOT WAIT!

My NFL viewership has decreased over the past years, and not because of the protest thing, just been busy with work and tennis with youngest. I have grown tired of the NFL. UL and QB Jackson put on a show last year, just don't have him do an interview. :sad2:

Morning boys from a Sunny and 85 London. Ma coming round for a bit of spatchcock chicken and coleslaw, and maybe a couple of cheeky dogs will make it onto the grill. I'll keep an eye for Cj, Mark, Rob and their pilfering hands. Pavlova for dessert.

Never found a good place to find curry. Kentucky isn't quite known for that cuisine. We ate at Sanaa one trip and DW enjoyed it. I thought it was ok
I've had a good curry in NY, but that was about it for the states. We are spoiled in London for curry, as a lot of the guys from India come over and open a restaurant, which suits us fine. Except they can't cook Fish and Chips properly (@pkondz). Sanaa I think we'll give a miss, as its probably a bit watered down for the mainstream. I guess its a bit like you eating BBQ at Disney, it just won't taste the same and 3 times the price.
My parents with the grand kids.
Nice pics mate.
My NFL viewership has decreased over the past years, and not because of the protest thing, just been busy with work and tennis with youngest.
I think mine will increase as I don't have to get up early for the next year or so. I've got the 4 London games booked, so if anyone wants any memorabilia sent over from the games, let me know. I only charge a nominal admin fee in dole whips.
Didn't hold the whole revolution thing against me
Do you have his address?
My SIL lives in Savannah so if you need sights/restaurant options, I can ask her.
Looking for Breakfast recommendations in Savannah mate, if its not too much trouble. We were going to steer clear of the Paula Dean restaurant, seems like a bit of a tourist trap.

Have a lovely Sunday fellas, enjoy your day. London out. Well at least till about 9 o'clock.

Happy Sunday. Extra long day at work fielding late registrations and money. Labor Day gets me the next weekend off.

I've had a good curry in NY, but that was about it for the states. We are spoiled in London for curry, as a lot of the guys from India come over and open a restaurant, which suits us fine. Except they can't cook Fish and Chips properly (@pkondz). Sanaa I think we'll give a miss, as its probably a bit watered down for the mainstream. I guess its a bit like you eating BBQ at Disney, it just won't taste the same and 3 times the price.

I get the comparison. I don't get bbq outside of my local places since what we have is so good. I doubt I'll get to NY or London anytime soon for curry.

Well boys here we go for another week.
We have branch down on Galveston Island so our managers are meeting this morning to decide when to send me down to start the clean up and repairs. From what we have been able to tell we escaped major damage and we had evacuated all of our people Friday so they were all safe.
Been looking at the photos of Rockport where it came ashore and the damage down there is bad. That is where I spent every spring break and most summers growing up, we had a family home down there on Copono bay. It had made it thru several hurricanes in the past but don't think we are going to be as lucky this time.

Just be careful. She likes 101 doggies. I'm not sure any of us are up to that.
How-I-Met-Your-Mother-Challenge-Accepted.jpg

Sounds like most had a good weekend. Low key at our place with first weekend w/o an kids at a home in a while. BAsically did some stuff around the house both days and had FF draft. HAve a good week gents.
Morning centurions. Long weekend here. Off to see Aladdin Musical as a surprise for the kids today and then my favourite BBQ restaurant in London. Have a great Saturday all.
Hope you and the family enjoyed it.
I won't tell anyone if I'm sore or not, but I did manage to walk to the car
You were, odds were in favor of it ::yes::
It was an enjoyable day, thanks. There were a couple of pics up there but no baby pics. We did get a few good new shots though.
Great pics there - tell your Mom she does not look 70 :thumbsup2
We have branch down on Galveston Island so our managers are meeting this morning to decide when to send me down to start the clean up and repairs. From what we have been able to tell we escaped major damage and we had evacuated all of our people Friday so they were all safe.
Been looking at the photos of Rockport where it came ashore and the damage down there is bad. That is where I spent every spring break and most summers growing up, we had a family home down there on Copono bay. It had made it thru several hurricanes in the past but don't think we are going to be as lucky this time.
Be safe down there, unbelievable what happened / is happening

Happy Monday. No commuting, so gym, office, and tennis tonight. Hope you all have a great day.

Morning. It is 15 and sunny here, beautiful morning.

It's 75 and sunny here. Is 15 good or bad? :sad2:

Stay safe in the clean up. That was a big storm.

Sounds like most had a good weekend. Low key at our place with first weekend w/o an kids at a home in a while. BAsically did some stuff around the house both days and had FF draft. HAve a good week gents.

You were, odds were in favor of it ::yes::

Sounds like a fun weekend. It's been so long since it has just been DW and I.

Never tell me the odds. :lmao:

We have branch down on Galveston Island so our managers are meeting this morning to decide when to send me down to start the clean up and repairs.
Look after yourself mate, all the best. Watching the coverage over this side. Hope your workmates are OK.

One of those cheeky extra european days off today, so had a long date with a hammock. And yes, I may have slept with her.
Back to the grind tomorrow, on a 3 day week so not too bad.

We have branch down on Galveston Island so our managers are meeting this morning to decide when to send me down to start the clean up and repairs.
Hope it goes ok for you. I haven't had time to catch much of the news but it sure looks like a rough storm.

Sounds like most had a good weekend.
It's a weekend I'm glad is over. Was called into work twice Saturday and once Sunday due to equipment problems. I'm not a technician at all but I have to handle the logistics of sourcing and shipping new parts. Spent about four hours in the office both days. DW was not impressed. But that's the kind of job I knew I was getting into. Oil & gas being a 24/7 industry, broken equipment doesn't care if it's a Saturday afternoon. Really hoping I can get some peace this coming long weekend.

One of those cheeky extra european days off today, so had a long date with a hammock. And yes, I may have slept with her.
Sounds like you enjoyed your bank holiday. I don't own a hammock but always wanted one.

Good morning all. At the orthodontist with youngest this AM. Nothing like having two with braces at the same time.

Back to the grind tomorrow, on a 3 day week so not too bad.

A hammock sounds great. I've enjoyed a waterbed in the past. I guess fantasies of napping is about as good as we get at our age. :lmao:

That was about 60, a comfortable early morning. It about 25 here now or 80 for you guys.

Thanks for translating Canadian into English.

It's a weekend I'm glad is over. Was called into work twice Saturday and once Sunday due to equipment problems. I'm not a technician at all but I have to handle the logistics of sourcing and shipping new parts. Spent about four hours in the office both days. DW was not impressed. But that's the kind of job I knew I was getting into. Oil & gas being a 24/7 industry, broken equipment doesn't care if it's a Saturday afternoon. Really hoping I can get some peace this coming long weekend

Sorry to hear about work. It's good money while you got it. Unless you buy DVC and spend it all on Disney vacations. :headache:

Top O the Mornin Dads!
It's a weekend I'm glad is over. Was called into work twice Saturday and once Sunday due to equipment problems. I'm not a technician at all but I have to handle the logistics of sourcing and shipping new parts. Spent about four hours in the office both days. DW was not impressed. But that's the kind of job I knew I was getting into. Oil & gas being a 24/7 industry, broken equipment doesn't care if it's a Saturday afternoon. Really hoping I can get some peace this coming long weekend.
Sorry about work messing with the weekend, but like you said part of it as long as it does not occur with any kind of frequency.
Good morning all. At the orthodontist with youngest this AM. Nothing like having two with braces at the same time.
Sorry to hear about work. It's good money while you got it. Unless you buy DVC and spend it all on Disney vacations. :headache:
Wait til you have two in college and what's wrong with putting funds into DVC and Disney vacations? I call it my SKI trips - Spend Kids Inheritance :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter