DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning guys. Everything is back to normal, four hours of sleep last night. Funny, I feel more awake this morning than yesterday. Currently watching the 1992 SEC Championship between Florida and Bama. First time SEC Championship game and while Florida made a game of it, Bama won and went on to beat Miami for the National Championship.

Decided to call Member Services this morning to see about moving to the Poly for marathon week. We will see what happens.

Morning All.

Week just got a bit easier, Saturday's board meeting has been cancelled so I can now put off all that prep. ;)

Big news from FIFA this morning, the World Cup is coming to North America in 2026. The joint Can/Mex/USA bid won on the first ballot with around 70% of the vote. Maybe Canada will have a men's team that can qualify by then.

Morning guys. Currently watching the 1992 SEC Championship between Florida and Bama. First time SEC Championship game and while Florida made a game of it, Bama won and went on to beat Miami for the National Championship.

You are living on the edge my Friend.

Sleep is over rated...

What is this "sleep" you speak of?

Morning guys. Everything is back to normal, four hours of sleep last night.

That's about what I got too. And tonight will be the same, then no sleep the next night. Hoping to catch up on the weekend.

Saturday's board meeting has been cancelled so I can now put off all that prep. ;)

Yusss...

Big news from FIFA this morning, the World Cup is coming to North America in 2026. The joint Can/Mex/USA bid won on the first ballot with around 70% of the vote.

Oh really! I hadn't heard that. Nice.

Maybe Canada will have a men's team that can qualify by then.

:lmao:

Oh... wait... were you serious?

Happy Tuesday. First day back to work stinks. That is all.

Welcome..

Randall said I'm not allowed to do that anymore.

Both are great resorts. I like the 1 BR. Is Poly closer to the runDisney events?
I think I saw a post of yours recently (maybe it was a long time ago) that you said you'd flown into Orlando instead of driving after many years. I always drive our family down from North Carolina - it's about a 8.5 hour drive. How long of a drive did you give up? Our daughters are 1.5 and 4.5 years old. It's just always seemed easier to have them in the car than to have them in airports/planes. Curious what you've found...

I deleted the post I was originally going to type, and then I decided to be a better person, as my country will be lucky to make it past the 2nd round, and Karma is a beeeee yarch.
Congrats on the hosting, and I'm sure Canada will be banging them in from 40 yards......no, I can't keep it up.
But Craig Forrest was a West Ham player for a while, so kudos for that.

Enjoy the easier road this week mate, does this free you up for some World Cup action?

I always drive our family down from North Carolina - it's about a 8.5 hour drive.
I did that drive in April, with a couple of stops along the way......

I deleted the post I was originally going to type, and then I decided to be a better person, as my country will be lucky to make it past the 2nd round, and Karma is a beeeee yarch.
Congrats on the hosting, and I'm sure Canada will be banging them in from 40 yards......no, I can't keep it up.

Enjoy the easier road this week mate, does this free you up for some World Cup action?

I did that drive in April, with a couple of stops along the way......
I've found it's pretty easy if I just do it overnight. We leave around 10pm and everyone else just sleeps the whole way down to Disney. I stop for gas once in Jacksonville, and we get there around 7:00 am. I'll sleep in a lounge chair by the resort's pool while everyone plays, and we wait for the room. I'm pretty exhausted that first day, but fully recovered by day 2.

It's basically just to make it easier to travel with the kids, but it also saves about $1200 in airfare, and airport parking fees. So, as the girls get older I'm curious if that additional cost will be worth saving me a night's worth of sleep?

It's basically just to make it easier to travel with the kids, but it also saves about $1200 in airfare, and airport parking fees.
That sounds like a relatively large chunk of change there. We drive to Paris rather than fly, but the distance is much shorter, just under 300 miles, so I can leave at 6am(ish) and be in the park by about 1pm. It is easier just to sling them in the car, and let them loose on the iPads.

LOL, poke away. We know our men's program is a long way from getting back to the World Cup. That's why we all talk about the women's team.

It will be interesting to see if John Herdman can do with the men's program that he did with the women's.

As for this World Cup, my second computer and the TV in my office are all warmed up and ready to go.

It will be interesting to see if John Herdman can do with the men's program that he did with the women's.
Yep, I don’t recognise the name, so I don’t think he ever played pro at the top level? Or am I just not remembering him. It’s amazing how many managers were players, I can only think of Rafa Benitez who hasn’t played but has been successful.....

And in continuing the drama of working my first job again, really it's oldest dd but DW is doing all the coordination, I took her for her requires tB & drug test. Only, she told me to go to the wrong building, so it is rescheduled to tomorrow. Ugh!!! :furious:

Decided to call Member Services this morning to see about moving to the Poly for marathon week. We will see what happens.

Well, we're waiting!!!

Big news from FIFA this morning, the World Cup is coming to North America in 2026. The joint Can/Mex/USA bid won on the first ballot with around 70% of the vote. Maybe Canada will have a men's team that can qualify

I think it's a Fifa corruption rule that if you get the bid to host, then your team automatically qualifies. How old will you be in 2026? Making the starting lineup?

I think I saw a post of yours recently (maybe it was a long time ago) that you said you'd flown into Orlando instead of driving after many years. I always drive our family down from North Carolina - it's about a 8.5 hour drive. How long of a drive did you give up? Our daughters are 1.5 and 4.5 years old. It's just always seemed easier to have them in the car than to have them in airports/planes. Curious what you've found...

It's a 13 to 14 hour drive for us. Thru Atlanta. We've tried so many different times - leaving right after school, drive thru Atlanta after midnight, arrive dead dog tires at 5 AM. Tries leaving at Midnight, 2 AM, Fridays, Saturdays, etc. Driving home was worse. We had to leave early in the morning, which still put Atlanta in the day. Or, stay until 6 PM and then drive all night. After a week at WDW, it was too tiring to wait that long. We never did the hotel half way thing, because I feared all the extra packing and unpacking involved.

I agree it is easier with them in the car at night, but those extra 5 hours just make it terrible. I can handle the 8 hour drive to Destin via Alabama, but going thru Atlanta was always terrible.

I think it's a Fifa corruption rule that if you get the bid to host, then your team automatically qualifies. How old will you be in 2026? Making the starting lineup?

That was the rule but the 2026 World Cup will expand to 48 teams and they haven't decided if the hosts will automatically qualify yet. It will certainly help Canada if they do.

Don't think I will be part of the starting 11; I'll be pushing 62 by then.

That was the rule but the 2026 World Cup will expand to 48 teams and they haven't decided if the hosts will automatically qualify yet. It will certainly help Canada if they do.

Don't think I will be part of the starting 11; I'll be pushing 62 by then.
how is everyone going to get over the wall to play in Mexico?

Getting caught up from the end of last week. Bear with me...

Definitely Stork.
We adopted my nephew (finalized 3/7/18) and then 3/9/18, his full blood brother arrived.
After a week in the NICU, he came home with us.
So, I have 4 biological children, and will have 2 adopted ones.
They are my nephews.
Luckily, in Missouri, you can be “Uncle Dad” and still fit in...

Congrats! :bounce::banana::cool1:

I've been doing the keto diet since November (with lapses for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Disney and a couple other here and there). I've lost 83 lbs so far. Trying a new recipe tonight...bacon wrapped asparagus. Now, that will not be going down the grate or I'm going in after it.

Just made my first keto pizza...yum..ow hot,yum. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Good job! I did a low carb diet for a while and it worked well for me. But I started creeping back to the carbs. Bread is my kryptonite. After the WDW trip in a few weeks, I plan on doing either very low carb or Keto.

---

The other day we got a DVC DVD in the mail. DW said she was expecting that to come. I started to get excited and casually asked her why she ordered it (thinking she may be interested in checking into it further.) Nope, she entered a contest to try to win a trip to WDW and signing up for the informational package gave her an extra entry to the contest. So much for that. o_O

At least we will be heading to The World soon (T-minus 15 days!), although it is coming out of my pockets.

G'afternoon all...
Took a bit of time off to head down to the coast.
That was a good decision.
Unfortunately, I then decided to come back and even return to work.
Got punished severely for that choice, but things are starting to clear up again.

So what else is new.

Going back 15 pages ain't happening, but I read the last couple and see that things 'round here are still maintaining our usual impeccable standards (knew I could count on y'all).

Made it home. Why didn't I fly all those years? I won't be driving to WDW anymore. Yikes. Worth ever penny.
Oh, it's worth every penny, I just don't have the pennies or I'd do it every time.
Charlotte is a hub so flying out of here gets expensive quick; approaching about a grand and a half for three folks.
The round trip driving costs me three tanks of gas which makes WDW much more plausible every few years.

So, I've just discovered this sanctuary of fellow Disney Dads. Love it.

Just curious - any of you guys also guitar/gear nerds on TGP? (TheGearPage)
Welcome sir!
Glade to have you here.

Fellow guitar nerd here, but not really a GearPage kind'a dude.
Got's plenty of axes and really ought not be spending money on more (if I can help it)

Too busy catching up everywhere to go back and read the highlights.
Pixie dust, prayers, pat on the shoulder, high five.

Out!
I wasn't too busy, I just didn't bother.
Put's you one up on me.

I'll take the pixie dust though (it certainly wouldn't hurt right now)

Sleep is over rated...
This may be the first time I've ever disagreed with our Chief Bacon Officer, but...

Says who?

(well... unless you're at Disney, then - yes- completely overrated.)

Ahhhh...
The life of C J.

Good question...

but I s'pect our neighbors still won't be offering to pay even a single bloody peso for the thing so the physical barrier shouldn't be a problem. Cultural barriers...
That may be a different story.

Week just got a bit easier, Saturday's board meeting has been cancelled so I can now put off all that prep. ;)

Big news from FIFA this morning, the World Cup is coming to North America in 2026. The joint Can/Mex/USA bid won on the first ballot with around 70% of the vote. Maybe Canada will have a men's team that can qualify by then.

Good news on the board meeting. Those damn meetings were the bane of my existence and a major reason I retired.

Miami figures to have a prominent role in the WC so they are pretty excited down here. Of course if I am not dead, I'll be too old a feeble to go.

You are living on the edge my Friend.

You betcha, that is how I roll. At 4:30 pickings are slim and I was excited the game was on. Almost went to Birmingham for the game that year.

That's about what I got too. And tonight will be the same, then no sleep the next night. Hoping to catch up on the weekend.

I feel your pain. Mine was never work related, had bad insomnia since I was in high school. Tried everything but drugs, nothing works.

Well, we're waiting!!!

Ahhhh...
The life of C J.

Called this morning and I could get 4 of the days I wanted. Decided not to wait list but may try again next week.

Through the "beautiful door?"

The other day we got a DVC DVD in the mail. DW said she was expecting that to come. I started to get excited and casually asked her why she ordered it (thinking she may be interested in checking into it further.) Nope, she entered a contest to try to win a trip to WDW and signing up for the informational package gave her an extra entry to the contest. So much for that. o_O

At least we will be heading to The World soon (T-minus 15 days!), although it is coming out of my pockets.

Good luck on the contest. Would be a cool consolation prize. Have fun playing in the World.

G'afternoon all...
Took a bit of time off to head down to the coast.
That was a good decision.
Unfortunately, I then decided to come back and even return to work.
Got punished severely for that choice, but things are starting to clear up again.

Sorry man, good luck digging out of the hole. How was the coast?

Yea, and maybe the U.S.A. will to :furious: We may need that host automatic qualifying thing..............
Wall? What Wall? We don't have no stinking wall?
And Canada?
Ask for forgiveness by then
Ahhhh...
The life of C J.
:lmao:Welcome back and hope you enjoyed the trip to the coast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter