DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

G'afternoon all...
Took a bit of time off to head down to the coast.
That was a good decision.
Unfortunately, I then decided to come back and even return to work.
Got punished severely for that choice, but things are starting to clear up again.

So what else is new.

Going back 15 pages ain't happening, but I read the last couple and see that things 'round here are still maintaining our usual impeccable standards (knew I could count on y'all).
Welcome back mate, I trust that y'all had a blast on the coast.
Miami figures to have a prominent role in the WC so they are pretty excited down here
Is that Beckham's new stadium?
approaching about a grand and a half for three folks.
Mine's a grand and a half each.
We will be controlling the gate.
Good job.

Starting to get a little pumped for my October trip for F&W. DVC Member Services sent out a notice of a small discount for the food and beverage seminars. Did a couple of these the last time and enjoyed it. Pulled up a list of the ones when I am there and while the beverage ones are so so, it looks like some good food seminars. Shrimp, beef and crab for three of the days. A Master Distiller from Jack Daniels is going to be there on Friday so I have to go to that. Supposed to check out Friday so I wait listed for it. Long shot but even if I don't get an extension, I will find someplace to sleep. I'm starting to think this is going to be fun.

Yea, and maybe the U.S.A. will to :furious: We may need that host automatic qualifying thing..............

What are you talking about? The US always qualifies for the World Cup....... Oh wait, that's the women.

Is that Beckham's new stadium?

They haven't even broken ground for that and not sure they ever will. There are 2 places they can play, Dolphins' Stadium and/or Marlins Park. Both have hosted friendlies and other big games.

That was the rule but the 2026 World Cup will expand to 48 teams and they haven't decided if the hosts will automatically qualify yet. It will certainly help Canada if they do.

Don't think I will be part of the starting 11; I'll be pushing 62 by then.

I emailed my boss and asked for vacation time :lmao: I'll be retired by then and will attend that one for sure. At 62, you may still be able to make the Canada national team. :lmao:

how is everyone going to get over the wall to play in Mexico?

The way they get in now. Walk on it.

G'afternoon all...
Took a bit of time off to head down to the coast.
That was a good decision.
Unfortunately, I then decided to come back and even return to work.
Got punished severely for that choice, but things are starting to clear up again.

So what else is new.

Going back 15 pages ain't happening, but I read the last couple and see that things 'round here are still maintaining our usual impeccable standards (knew I could count on y'all).

Oh, it's worth every penny, I just don't have the pennies or I'd do it every time.
Charlotte is a hub so flying out of here gets expensive quick; approaching about a grand and a half for three folks.
The round trip driving costs me three tanks of gas which makes WDW much more plausible every few years.

Yes, it is great to be on vacation only to find that the work piles up on you. The four of us flew for $1400 with rental car this trip, but we booked them in December. But, that doubles during Spring and Fall Break.

Called this morning and I could get 4 of the days I wanted. Decided not to wait list but may try again next
?

I'm glad that I tried all the DVC resorts, but it was effort to change them sometimes. I still want to try VGF and of course, VGC & Aulani, but will be happy at the Boardwalk for the next 24 years or so.

I do see some of you are on the same page with the gondola's, 1st like Mike said it is not what you want to see out your window at any resort (it was what I saw a A&A during April trip:scared:, plus if you enter from Epcot from the Boardwalk entrance it takes away from the France Pavillon skyline:eek:. One of my biggest concerns is what CJ said, is that everyone from all the resorts will get dropped off at the Boardwalk entrance that is rather small and really never crowded:faint:. Now out of all the parks I have to say that Epcot has the worst check point entrance going, , the main entrance takes forever to get through bag check especially at opening, considering they have the most ticket scan points of any park (half are aways closed:confused3. ) They really need to redo the entrance so that the parking lot, monorail, and buses all have different bag checks, and open more ticket scan points to move it along faster, I myself like to use the Boardwalk entrance whenever possible since you can get done quickly, it is starting to look like this will also become another big line:scared1:.

Last edited:
Morning gents.

3 more shifts to go then the weekend off. Woot! Got my daughter's recital (she's a teacher, so I'm going to see her choreography, not her dancing) on Saturday, Father's day on Sunday (you didn't forget about Dad, did you?) and an internment on Monday. So real mix of of stuff. In there I hope to find some time to work on the deck... been too long.

Afternoon boys from a slightly overcast London.
Premier league fixtures came out this morning, so we open the season away to Liverpool, and then we've got Spurs, Arsenal and Darcy's mob in the first 7 games.
Just over an hour to go until the World Cup opens.............so that's my day sorted. CJ have you picked a team yet mate?

3 more shifts to go then the weekend off.
Nice.
Sound's like you're fairly busy though.

Have a good day fellas.
London out.

Top O the Mornin Dads andvery happy Friday Eve! Let the World Cup begin. Gonna go see Incredibles II tonight to avoid the weekend crowds. Also traveling next week and DS has been looking forward to this as he loved the original when he was a kid. Have a good one gents.
Morning gents.

3 more shifts to go then the weekend off. Woot! Got my daughter's recital (she's a teacher, so I'm going to see her choreography, not her dancing) on Saturday, Father's day on Sunday (you didn't forget about Dad, did you?) and an internment on Monday. So real mix of of stuff. In there I hope to find some time to work on the deck... been too long.
Enjoy your weekend off.

Morning Guys from the rainy capital of New Brunswick. Luckily there is just one day of rain forecast.

Need to get my office packed up, getting ready to replace all our carpets next week. I think I can probably toss some of these files from the 90s.

DS has now completed grade 11, he wrote his last exam yesterday. He probably won't be happy this morning though. Our power went out around 5:30 am and it was still out when I left for the office. That could put a damper on his plans of a day of Fortnite.

Morning gents.

Busy times you have there, don't forget to get some sleep.

Premier league fixtures came out this morning, so we open the season away to Liverpool, and then we've got Spurs, Arsenal and Darcy's mob in the first 7 games.
Just over an hour to go until the World Cup opens.............so that's my day sorted. CJ have you picked a team yet mate?

Is that a big thing over there, the league schedule announcement?

I'm getting reading for the opening match of the World Cup by watching Shinnecock tear up Rory, Phil and Justin. Rough morning for them so far.

'Morning all...

For the fourth time this year I'll say that is finally looks like things are calming down a mite in the work-a-day environment. We'll see if I get proved wrong again (and determine just how quickly I get proved wrong).

For those of you following the World Cup, enjoy the festivities and competitions.
For those that ain't, I say, enjoy some festivities anyway (especially those that include large amounts of libation).

Sorry man, good luck digging out of the hole. How was the coast?
:lmao:Welcome back and hope you enjoyed the trip to the coast
Welcome back mate, I trust that y'all had a blast on the coast.
Thanks guys.
It was a good break from reality.

Weather was decent (for the most part at least) and of course, we had the ocean to calm us regardless.

The young'en actually came down with us this time and even participated in a few of the things the "worthless grown-ups" were getting into.

As for extras... We did one the the now ever-present Escape Rooms and succeeded in actually escaping (well it took a couple of hints and a bit of extra time that they offered up for for free, but hay - a win is a win). We also won $50 bucks beating out the locals at a trivia-night at one of the area bar-n-grills (an actual win in anyone's books). The one expensive meal we paid for this time was at a "Brazilian Style" steak house (and there's your obvious set up, so let the jokes commence). Now that was good but right pricey and not something I'd consider doing very often, but if what you're lookin' for is the implied bliss of a full-on meat comma, then you'll certainly accomplish the task at one of these joints.

Mine's a grand and a half each.
But you have much farther to travel and suffer from a distinct lack of bridges over that one minor pond off to y'all's west. I do believe that would count as being a bit of a handicap, there.

Yes, it is great to be on vacation only to find that the work piles up on you. The four of us flew for $1400 with rental car this trip, but we booked them in December. But, that doubles during Spring and Fall Break.
So it's fairly similar flying out from up that way.
Like I said, I'd fly every time if I could, but have actually only done so once.
Clearly I ain't as wealthy as I like to be.

Now out of all the parks I have to say that Epcot has the worst check point entrance going, , the main entrance takes forever to get through bag check especially at opening, considering they have the most ticket scan points of any park (half are aways closed:confused3. ) They really need to redo the entrance so that the parking lot, monorail, and buses all have different bag checks, and open more ticket scan points to move it along faster,
We'll see if they actually start building a new resort at the front of Epcot as some plans seem to suggest.
If they do that, then there will certainly be a considerable amount of reconfiguration done to the entrances and all the parking lots.

Got my daughter's recital (she's a teacher, so I'm going to see her choreography, not her dancing) on Saturday
Good to see that all that training is now being put to use.
We'll see how successful my young'en is at surviving the world of musicians that he's chosen to follow.
(assuming he actually graduates)

Father's day on Sunday (you didn't forget about Dad, did you?)
Oh, I'll remember my pop.
(don't know that I'll be receiving the same deference, but one can hope.)

Is that a big thing over there, the league schedule announcement?
It is if you support one of the teams. If the world cup wasn't starting it would be all over the sports channels, with the early big matchups, the new teams in the league etc. etc.....
The reality is though mate, the TV boys will bring their size 10 dough filled boots along and stomp all over it anyways.
But you have much farther to travel and suffer from a distinct lack of bridges over that one minor pond off to y'all's west. I do believe that would count as being a bit of a handicap, there.
Fair do's. But i used to get to New York and Chicago out of school holidays for about 500 each. The school holidays mark up is verging on the usurious.
Good news on the work front there buddy.
Our power went out around 5:30 am and it was still out when I left for the office. That could put a damper on his plans of a day of Fortnite.
I remember when our power went out for 24 hrs in our old house. That was a big BBQ with all the freezer meat.
"Brazilian Style" steak house (and there's your obvious set up, so let the jokes commence).
I'm guessing it didn't have a thatched roof.

Went to Dr this AM and official diagnosis is left knee lateral meniscus tear. That is apparently worse than the right knee medial meniscus tear. Dr advised no tennis and recommended surgery. I'm considering having both knees done at same time, if insurance will approve it. That wasn't the news I was looking for.

Saw that schedule. Just be happy you stayed in Premier League.

Top O the Mornin Dads andvery happy Friday Eve! Let the World Cup begin. Gonna go see Incredibles II tonight to avoid the weekend crowds. Also traveling next week and DS has been looking forward to this as he loved the original when he was a kid. Have a good one gents.

Enjoy your weekend off.

That was a great movie. I hope the 2nd is just as good. I was surprised it took so long to come out though, and that Disney never did anything in the theme park with them. I figured they would get a land as opposed to Avatar, although maybe not in AK.

As for extras... We did one the the now ever-present Escape Rooms and succeeded in actually escaping (well it took a couple of hints and a bit of extra time that they offered up for for free, but hay - a win is a win). We also won $50 bucks beating out the locals at a trivia-night at one of the area bar-n-grills (an actual win in anyone's books). The one expensive meal we paid for this time was at a "Brazilian Style" steak house (and there's your obvious set up, so let the jokes commence). Now that was good but right pricey and not something I'd consider doing very often, but if what you're lookin' for is the implied bliss of a full-on meat comma, then you'll certainly accomplish the task at one of these joints.

.)

Hmmm....

How do you like your steak-rare or bare.

I ordered pig's feet, not camel toe.

Is that a steak or a clam?

Customer: Is that a fly on my steak?
Waiter: Well, it's certainly not a hair!

Went to Dr this AM and official diagnosis is left knee lateral meniscus tear. That is apparently worse than the right knee medial meniscus tear. Dr advised no tennis and recommended surgery. I'm considering having both knees done at same time, if insurance will approve it. That wasn't the news I was looking for.

sorry to hear that. sucks.

Saw my first flop in the World Cup and it belonged to..... Russia.

3 more shifts to go then the weekend off.

Sounds like a packed weekend. Enjoy.

CJ have you picked a team yet mate?

Not yet. Right now I have an ever growing list of teams I don't want and will root for teams playing against them. I will be on England's side but I don't know where that will get me. Also hoping the host country fails at staging a good games and will not be awarded an international event again.

DS has now completed grade 11, he wrote his last exam yesterday. He probably won't be happy this morning though. Our power went out around 5:30 am and it was still out when I left for the office. That could put a damper on his plans of a day of Fortnite.

Congrats to DS. Loss of power sucks, hope it is back up soon.

As for extras... We did one the the now ever-present Escape Rooms and succeeded in actually escaping

Cool. Thinking about trying that sometime.

It was a good break from reality.

Weather was decent (for the most part at least) and of course, we had the ocean to calm us regardless.

The young'en actually came down with us this time and even participated in a few of the things the "worthless grown-ups" were getting into.

Sounds great especially getting the young man to join you.
Did you order the landing strip steak?
The drapes must have been pulled back, because I could definitely see what I was eating. :scared1:
Nope, ain't doing it, ain't goin there.................
Sorry to hear that Norm. Meniscus tears are were ended DD's soccer playing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter