DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I've had some interesting January weather down there too, to be fair. One year it was like 35 degrees all week, we had to bundle up. Not what I expected from a trip to Fla! Parks were still low crowd though, so no real complaints...

35 degrees? That's still shorts weather for us!

For the love of God. Fax in a room request if you haven't done so.
Those far buildings are...… far.

The last time we went, we were in the last room of the top floor on the back side of Country Fair. Couldn't get much farther than that. It was rough carrying a dead tired 3yo after the parks every night, but it sure was quiet!

TL

Happy Tuesday. Long day at both offices.

Love that show!

Darcy enjoy your Sunday mate.
Norm, I love a bit of Ninja Warrior as well.

Been enjoying that in our house this summer too.

:rotfl2:

Not sure if i ever mentioned this, but a few years back, there was an eye doctor named "vision ninja" competing in it. I don't think he made it to city finals, but we go to church with him.

I'm hoping that's the case. We're trying those Frogg Toggs cooling towels this trip. No idea if they will actually help.

They are ok. Youngest dd had one for soccer, and we carried or over to tennis. DW bought me one. It stays cool, and easily recharged with water. I don't like the material of the towel though, and just prefer cotton.

Last time I got the exact room I asked for.

That's the problem with room requests. If you don't get what you want, then you are disappointed. Or, maybe it's just me.

That's the problem with room requests. If you don't get what you want, then you are disappointed. Or, maybe it's just me.

Oh, no.
I asked for rooms in one of two buildings. I asked for main floor if possible. I said, if available, I'd like one of the following half dozen rooms.
I got my first pick... but would've been fine with just about anything.

If you don't ask, you won't get. But... it's asking not demanding.

Everyday all year long at work for me, depending the freezer I'm in it's between a brisk -30 to a heat wave of 15 degrees :sick: :eek::faint:. I guess you can say I'm the coolest guy in town:lmao:, This time of year I'm the Ice Cream Man and the Ice Man.
I would much rather prefer working in warmer temps:beach:

For the love of God. Fax in a room request if you haven't done so.
Those far buildings are...… far.
I did book a preferred room, so that will put me in either Jazz or Calypso. I have never bothered with room requests but was thinking of trying this time. I was hoping to get top floor Calypso since it’s closest and maybe a bit quieter.

Is that still allowed?
Seems I've been told (or misled as the case may be) to believe that they won't even look at such missives anymore.
I’ve never tried before. It seems like it’s still a thing though.

I did book a preferred room, so that will put me in either Jazz or Calypso. I have never bothered with room requests but was thinking of trying this time. I was hoping to get top floor Calypso since it’s closest and maybe a bit quieter.

It is a thing mate. touring plans they do it for you, and I’m pretty sure they have the room plans on them. I would check to see if you can amend the name. I used it every year, gave the room range for about 10 and have got it every time, except when they upgraded me the other year.

Oh, no.
I asked for rooms in one of two buildings. I asked for main floor if possible. I said, if available, I'd like one of the following half dozen rooms.
I got my first pick... but would've been fine with just about anything.

If you don't ask, you won't get. But... it's asking not demanding.

I do those requests (high floor, away from elevator, etc), but I have also done a room request where I give then the specific room # we want. We have gotten it twice, which just makes the vacation. But, we missed it more than once. I guess it's all about the expectations.

Everyday all year long at work for me, depending the freezer I'm in it's between a brisk -30 to a heat wave of 15 degrees :sick: :eek::faint:. I guess you can say I'm the coolest guy in town:lmao:, This time of year I'm the Ice Cream Man and the Ice Man.

Dave Ramsey says something like - You live like no one else, so later, you can live like no one else -

All those years in the freezer so you can retire to WDW. I'm still on track for the 5-10 year plan. I'm hoping to be retired in 5 years with that beach condo and DW could retire in 10 years to make that decision to live in the condo.

Morning guys. The wife is headed to DL tomorrow. I am not. What's up with that. :confused3

:rotfl2: Fair enough

Not sure if i ever mentioned this, but a few years back, there was an eye doctor named "vision ninja" competing in it. I don't think he made it to city finals, but we go to church with him.

Neat. Is he able to sit still in church though? Or does he scale the walls and columns and jump all over the place when going up for communion???

That's cold.

She’s a proper carrot cruncher.

We totally have to steal that term.
"proper carrot cruncher" - Yeah, I'm gonna need to add that to my vocab. :rotfl2:

What he said. I don't even care what it means. It can be like Beverly--an all-purpose epithet.

:laughing: I like that.

Now...… what the hell does it mean???

Whatever we want it to mean!

Whenever we meet up for a bourbon in da world, I’ll take you through the various disparaging epithets the East End has for the regions of the UK. We’ll need a bottle, there’s quite a few.....

Now that would be a fun conversation.

I'm hoping the crowds will slack off a little mid-late August when I'm there.

I think you might have some luck there. They start free dining in late August for a reason.

If you do get crowds, we found that the best approach was to go early at park opening, get as many rides in before lunch as possible, and then spend the afternoon seeking air-conditioning and watching more of the shows.

Is that still allowed?
Seems I've been told (or misled as the case may be) to believe that they won't even look at such missives anymore.

We requested adjoining rooms with my parents and certain buildings. Got the adjoining rooms. The buildings we wanted appear to have been under renovation, so that one didn't work out. But I think they still try to honor them as much as possible.

If you don't get what you want, then you are disappointed. Or, maybe it's just me.

No, that's the entire country.:rolleyes1

Morning Guys.

back in the office for a couple of days and then headed into a long weekend. Suppose to set heat records here this weekend and I am starting to worry about our well. There hasn't been a lot of rain over the last year so it has to be getting stressed.

Have a good one all.

We've made requests a few times and always had success. In fact we have been in the same room at Pop twice and the room next to it once.

Morning guys. The wife is headed to DL tomorrow. I am not. What's up with that. :confused3

Sounds like a solo trip should be good for you in January.

Careful!

HeftyNiceLark-max-1mb.gif

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much around here other than last summer weekend for the 3 of us (me, DW, DS) as DW heads out next week to spend time with DD and then following weekend we move the boy back to school - dang where did the summer go? Have a good one gents.
"Venture outside your comfort zone. The rewards are worth it." --Rapunzel (Tangled)
Yea, what's up with that?
Morning Guys.

back in the office for a couple of days and then headed into a long weekend. Suppose to set heat records here this weekend and I am starting to worry about our well. There hasn't been a lot of rain over the last year so it has to be getting stressed.
Hope some rain and relief hits your neck of the woods sooner rather than later. Stay safe.
Afternoon chaps from carrot cruncher/high sixer country.
In the jeep, and literally just drove past Stonehenge. Have a good day.
Enjoy your trip - ahhhhh the life of Dan.

Sounds like a solo trip should be good for you in January.

I like the way you think... Problem is my 2018 Disney travel will consist of the DDCC this past January, our family trip in March, an upcoming extra-family trip next week (not sure what happened here) and then the DCL cruise with some other Dads in November. Justifying going on another trip just about a month later is tough (especially on my wallet)…

So I probably shouldn't be complaining. Still will though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter