DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Don't listen to them Man; have a great time.

We used to go in August and you'll be fine, take no time to acclimatize to the humidity.

Yeah, I know, just givin' 'em crap. = D

As a mail man, I feel like I'm uniquely suited to visit WDW during any kind of weather. That said, I know I'll miss my January temps down there.

TL

Started reading.... then realized I had two more pages to go. Nope!
This is what I got to that point.

They go here at 4, and left at midnight.

Hope it was fun and not torture!

And you would be very welcome mate. Even if I say so myself the lamb was very tasty. Just had a cheeky leftover one out of the fridge.

Dang.... <drool>

Well someone was busy on their bike.....

Nope. Car. Too many miles in too short a time frame.

Last time I am going to mention it, I swear. Adam went through the trouble of finding an online replay of the show. SRC's segment starts at around 19:10....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a30fINLepO6_ommOyAJ8Stxw2LvfoHgn/view

Thanks for that. Won't work at work, so hope to see it at home later.

If you followed my commentary on Facebook last night you would know we spent 8 hours in the ER

Crap. Glad it wasn't worse.

My favorite show - Emmy nominated American Ninja Warrior. Well, favorite summer show on Monday night.

It’s always Beer Thirty…
So the argument could be made that you probably worked harder then was necessary.

Yes. I worked harder today than when at work. I can go into the office and relax tomorrow.

Started reading.... then realized I had two more pages to go. Nope!
This is what I got to that point.

Classic DisDad effort. :lmao:

Evening Guys,

Made it home a couple of hours ago. Declan has been icing on and off and did an ice bath when we got home. He seems to be walking ok with a little pain so he should be fine in a week or two.

Since I'm booked off until Wednesday, tomorrow will be my Sunday.

My favorite show - Emmy nominated American Ninja Warrior. Well, favorite summer show on Monday night.

Love that show!

Morning boys from a previously stormy now sunny London. Packing for Cornwall today, back to the Lady K’s spiritual home. At the gym with a double espresso, while the kids do tennis.
Darcy enjoy your Sunday mate.
Norm, I love a bit of Ninja Warrior as well.

Morning, guys.

What did you mean by "spiritual home", Dan?
She was born there. She’s a proper carrot cruncher. It’s very picturesque, all windy walks and farmland and coasts. I am useless outside of the city, but we make an annual pilgrimage there.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know, just givin' 'em crap. = D

As a mail man, I feel like I'm uniquely suited to visit WDW during any kind of weather. That said, I know I'll miss my January temps down there.

TL

I've had some interesting January weather down there too, to be fair. One year it was like 35 degrees all week, we had to bundle up. Not what I expected from a trip to Fla! Parks were still low crowd though, so no real complaints...

Been enjoying that in our house this summer too.

Evening Guys,

Made it home a couple of hours ago. Declan has been icing on and off and did an ice bath when we got home. He seems to be walking ok with a little pain so he should be fine in a week or two.

Hope the next two weeks go smoothly for him.

She was born there. She’s a proper carrot cruncher. It’s very picturesque, all windy walks and farmland and coasts. I am useless outside of the city, but we make an annual pilgrimage there.

"proper carrot cruncher" - Yeah, I'm gonna need to add that to my vocab. :rotfl2:

Morning Guys.

Nice to be sitting just enjoying a coffee at home on a Tuesday morning. The bonus is this will make a 3 day work week heading into a long weekend. :dancer:

Have a great day all. Safe travels Dan.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Nothing much around here other than fall semester college bills for the boy :crazy2: Enjoy the day!
Thanks Mike, it's all about the Magic! ;)
OK got it, if you have any questions just let me know but you have sailed before so you should be good.
Evening Guys,

Since I'm booked off until Wednesday, tomorrow will be my Sunday.
Enjoy the short week and all the best to Declan on a speedy and full recovery.

Howdy Gents... Darcy hows the kid doing? I been doing some other stuff on the ddcc site.. feel free to give me some feed back.. i tossed up some old photos for a walk down memory lane if you want.. http://ddcc.rocks (or http://www.disdadsclubconvention.com ) this has been a little hobby project, and should give guys that are not on some of the social media platforms a spot to see stuff going on..

But seriously, I'm over the moon about finally being able to take the whole family on this trip (despite being a fat guy from Northern Wisconsin going to Florida in August). Provided all goes well, next year at around this time I'll be going crazy with travel plans and loving it.
Great news! I'm the fat Canadian guy going to Florida in August (in two weeks). Not sure how that is going to go. But I'll just sweat my Alien Swirling Saucers off and enjoy it anyway because I'm at Disney.

All Star Music - We've stayed there before and liked it, and we need to do the trip on the cheap in order to make it happen.
That's where I'm headed. My first time staying there. I expect to like it. We've normally done moderates, but also looking to cut some costs (free dining helped with that too).

We used to go in August and you'll be fine, take no time to acclimatize to the humidity.
I'm hoping that's the case. We're trying those Frogg Toggs cooling towels this trip. No idea if they will actually help.

We really had a fun week. The heat and crowds you would expect in summer time were both present. I think we were able to adjust to both and still do everything we wanted to do. We had gotten fast passes for both Slinky and FoP so the huge lines for both didn't affect us. And morning rope drop is still the best strategy for visiting the parks; I don't think that will ever change. As far as Disney being better or worse than it used to be--I think it's just different because it's always changing. Some things about it are amazing experiences you can't get anywhere else, and some things are aggravating or not as good as they used to be (I will always prefer the paper FP system to the FP+ system, for example). But you can always adjust and make it work.

The cost keeps going up, so I will visit once every few years. I'm ok with that; I like variety anyway. It doesn't seem like there are many "slow" times to visit WDW anymore, but it's hard to complain about that. WDW is a business, and they've done a very good job of figuring out how to get people to visit during the traditionally slow times of the year. Good for them. As always, just expect heat and expect crowds and you'll never be disappointed.
Well put Mark. Glad to hear (and see on FB) you had a good trip.
I'm hoping the crowds will slack off a little mid-late August when I'm there.

I've watched a few. It's a good Monday night in the summer show.

Good to hear it's not too bad.
There's bad luck with ankles around these parts. I'd better watch myself over the next two weeks, or I'll be ECV'ing around the World.

Morning boys from a previously stormy now sunny London. Packing for Cornwall today, back to the Lady K’s spiritual home.
Enjoy the cheeky getaway.

One that derived from the rural south of England.
Whenever we meet up for a bourbon in da world, I’ll take you through the various disparaging epithets the East End has for the regions of the UK. We’ll need a bottle, there’s quite a few.....

:laughing: Sounds good! I may take you up on that.

That's where I'm headed. My first time staying there. I expect to like it. We've normally done moderates, but also looking to cut some costs (free dining helped with that too).

For the love of God. Fax in a room request if you haven't done so.
Those far buildings are...… far.

We're trying those Frogg Toggs cooling towels this trip. No idea if they will actually help.

Let us now what you think!

Howdy Gents... Darcy hows the kid doing? I been doing some other stuff on the ddcc site.. feel free to give me some feed back.. i tossed up some old photos for a walk down memory lane if you want.. http://ddcc.rocks (or http://www.disdadsclubconvention.com ) this has been a little hobby project, and should give guys that are not on some of the social media platforms a spot to see stuff going on..

He's doing fine Adam, thanks for asking. Some ice and elevation for the next couple of days and he should be good.

The convention site looks good. I just looked through the pictures and I have realized one benefit of not having attended in the past, there will be no proof of how much I have aged unlike some of you. ;)

Good to see you back in these parts.

He's doing fine Adam, thanks for asking. Some ice and elevation for the next couple of days and he should be good.

The convention site looks good. I just looked through the pictures and I have realized one benefit of not having attended in the past, there will be no proof of how much I have aged unlike some of you. ;)

Good to see you back in these parts.

yeah, i have been sorting our home photo collection of about 20 years of digital photos, i have gotten GREY in the last 2...

Site looks great. Fun trip down memory lane looking at all the photos!

yeah, i have been sorting our home photo collection of about 20 years of digital photos, i have gotten GREY in the last 2...

Yeah - I've aged quite a bit since DDCC1... apparently scotch doesn't have all those anti-aging properties I thought it did...

One that derived from the rural south of England.
Whenever we meet up for a bourbon in da world, I’ll take you through the various disparaging epithets the East End has for the regions of the UK. We’ll need a bottle, there’s quite a few.....
We've got nothing 'round here but time and space for posting...
Feel free to regale us.

(Certainly would be a vast improvement from reading work related memos.)

For the love of God. Fax in a room request if you haven't done so.
Those far buildings are...… far.
Is that still allowed?
Seems I've been told (or misled as the case may be) to believe that they won't even look at such missives anymore.

apparently scotch doesn't have all those anti-aging properties I thought it did...
Crud... misled again. Tell ya' what...
I'll keep drinking as a long term experiment and let you know if the theory has any merit over - say - another four or five decades.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter