DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey, guys. Hope everyone remembered their mothers and wives this weekend. After my DW went to church, she's a church musician, my DD and I went out to the store to pick up some nice flowers, which I was still able to get. After all the church services were done, we met up with the in-laws for a late lunch.

Hello,

Got The Better Half a nice potted flower for the back patio. Then The Kid and I took her to see Doctor Strange. All in all, she seemed to have a nice Mother's Day.

Had a frost warning this morning but warmed up to about 55F this afternoon. Sure hope the garden I just planted does okay. Looks like rain the rest of this week though.

Enjoy the rest of your Monday.

Hey, guys. Hope everyone remembered their mothers and wives this weekend. After my DW went to church, she's a church musician, my DD and I went out to the store to pick up some nice flowers, which I was still able to get. After all the church services were done, we met up with the in-laws for a late lunch.

My wife is not my mother so no. Once Declan graduated high school, she became his responsibility on Mother's Day.

Hey, guys. Had a good day yesterday. I was at a small Neurology office about 20 minutes from the house with one provider, so it made for an easy day. I'll be back at the same office today except they'll be two providers, so a little more busy, but still an easy day.

So I'm back to square one with the Disney trip. Yeah, not going. So what happened was I brought up the trip Saturday evening, thinking all was ok, because we had talked about dates a few days prior. Apparently I was wrong. You see, with my DW if you don't bring up the topic then sometimes things won't happen, especially when it comes to vacations. When I brought up the topic of dates, I specifically told her that it doesn't have to be next year, but with Disney we do have to plan way in advance. Well, long story short, she thought I had made the executive decision to go next year, when I was only using this years crowd levels, next year crowd level predictions, and this years' prices, +10%, to get an idea of when might be a good time to go. Then if we chose to go in 2024 the research would change only a little bit, I would think. Anyways, I tried telling her my logic in planning, though I think she would have known that about me by now, but she'd have none of it. We went back and forth on this and she eventually said that she would be miserable while me and DD had fun. It was at that point I said, "Fine, we won't got then." Then she said, "But you and DD want to go." And I replied, "But not if you're going to be miserable." So I've stopped actively researching the trip. I'm still reading taking notes just in case, but now now that I know she'll be miserable I'm not sure if I want to go. And the thing is, I was really trying to find things the whole family could do and not just riding rides, so this hurt. Oh, well...I'll get over it.

Have a good day, buys.

Hello,

Got The Better Half a nice potted flower for the back patio. Then The Kid and I took her to see Doctor Strange. All in all, she seemed to have a nice Mother's Day.

Had a frost warning this morning but warmed up to about 55F this afternoon. Sure hope the garden I just planted does okay. Looks like rain the rest of this week though.

Enjoy the rest of your Monday.

Sounds like a good day. Without divulging anything, how was the movie?

My wife is not my mother so no. Once Declan graduated high school, she became his responsibility on Mother's Day.

Well then I hope Declan got her something nice.

Hey, guys. Hope everyone remembered their mothers and wives this weekend.
Did my best. Thankfully my wife is fairly low-maintenance, so that's a big help.

What's your secret? I could barely get my kids to do anything. Several times I had to remind them that this was THEIR mother we were talking about.

We went back and forth on this and she eventually said that she would be miserable while me and DD had fun. It was at that point I said, "Fine, we won't got then." Then she said, "But you and DD want to go." And I replied, "But not if you're going to be miserable."
Man, that's hard. It sounds like at the heart of it that she doesn't want to go. Maybe there's a compromise to be reached, where there can be a Disney trip planned at some point and then another trip that would be more up DW's alley?

Sounds like a good day. Without divulging anything, how was the movie?
I think the best way to describe it is intense. It is not as lighthearted as the rest of the MCU, more graphic and intense like a comic book would be. Also, it helps if you are familiar with WandaVision.

I was really trying to find things the whole family could do and not just riding rides, so this hurt.
Maybe make Disney a small part of a larger Florida trip. You could go to the beach, see a museum, drive through the everglades. I might lose my disdads card for saying it, but perhaps Disney is only 1 or 2 days of a longer trip? Perhaps start with Epcot as it is the most adult friendly?

What's your secret? I could barely get my kids to do anything. Several times I had to remind them that this was THEIR mother we were talking about.

He's worked while going to school so he didn't really have any excuse. He's also lucky that she doesn't really expect much.

Did my best. Thankfully my wife is fairly low-maintenance, so that's a big help.

My wife doesn't expect much either. I got her a card, some flowers and a $50 gift card, which she wasn't expecting.

Man, that's hard. It sounds like at the heart of it that she doesn't want to go. Maybe there's a compromise to be reached, where there can be a Disney trip planned at some point and then another trip that would be more up DW's alley?

It sounds like she doesn't, does it? But I think it really boils down to cost of the trip and the fact she doesn't like to go on vacations, with a side of "I don't want to ride anything that'll make me sick." I know it's not because I bug her about the trip, quite the opposite, in fact. I would mention the trip like maybe once every few months, so I wasn't really bugging her about it. So it comes down to cost and not liking to go on vacations.

I think the best way to describe it is intense. It is not as lighthearted as the rest of the MCU, more graphic and intense like a comic book would be. Also, it helps if you are familiar with WandaVision.

It looks good. Definitely a movie I want to see.

Maybe make Disney a small part of a larger Florida trip. You could go to the beach, see a museum, drive through the everglades. I might lose my disdads card for saying it, but perhaps Disney is only 1 or 2 days of a longer trip? Perhaps start with Epcot as it is the most adult friendly?

As I said above, I think it's a combination of cost, the fact she doesn't like vacations (I should clarify, she doesn't mind once she gets there, it's the getting there that stresses her out), and doesn't want to ride rides that can make her sick. But this is why I was working hard to find things to do as a family. She likes EPCOT, so I was thinking of two days there. Really explore EPCOT. Checking out the Boardwalk and Disney Springs. Mini-golfing. Resort hop. You know, there are multitude of thins to do. Since we live on Cape Cod, and are surrounded by beaches, we'll skip that, but something else in Orland to could be an option.

My wife doesn't expect much either. I got her a card, some flowers and a $50 gift card, which she wasn't expecting.

It sounds like she doesn't, does it? But I think it really boils down to cost of the trip and the fact she doesn't like to go on vacations, with a side of "I don't want to ride anything that'll make me sick." I know it's not because I bug her about the trip, quite the opposite, in fact. I would mention the trip like maybe once every few months, so I wasn't really bugging her about it. So it comes down to cost and not liking to go on vacations.

It looks good. Definitely a movie I want to see.

As I said above, I think it's a combination of cost, the fact she doesn't like vacations (I should clarify, she doesn't mind once she gets there, it's the getting there that stresses her out), and doesn't want to ride rides that can make her sick. But this is why I was working hard to find things to do as a family. She likes EPCOT, so I was thinking of two days there. Really explore EPCOT. Checking out the Boardwalk and Disney Springs. Mini-golfing. Resort hop. You know, there are multitude of thins to do. Since we live on Cape Cod, and are surrounded by beaches, we'll skip that, but something else in Orland to could be an option.
You could do Sea world. While there are some rides, not nearly like Universal or the mouse.
Kennedy Space center.
Orlando Museum of arts
Ripleys believe it or not

Hey, Guys! Had a good two days at Neurology, but time for a change. Today I'll be heading over to a busy primacy care office. Well, that's it. Have a good day, guys.

You could do Sea world. While there are some rides, not nearly like Universal or the mouse.
Kennedy Space center.
Orlando Museum of arts
Ripleys believe it or not

Those are good ideas. My DD love science and space stuff, she'd like a trip to Kennedy Space Center.

Happy Hump Day All!

Camel Hump stock image. Image of horizontal, view, humps - 12084801

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter