December 2006 Rollcall!

We're thinking of BWV from 12-29 through 1-6, for our anniversary (we've always wanted to celebrate our anniversary at Disney!) and New Year's.

:jumping1:

Dec 3rd to the 15th
starting @ OKW then the 3 day cruise and then SSR for the last portion of the trip.

DW and I will be in an OKW Studio (first time at OKW) 12/15 & 16. Then DS (25) joins us in a 2BR at SSR from 12/17-12/21 for our family holiday festivities. Since it's DS's first time to WDW since he was 15, there's a whole lot for him to see....

I am a new DVC member. I am having trouble deciding when to book. I want to see the Christmas lights and etc. Which would you prefer crowd wise. Thinking of leaving Sunday following Thanksgiving or Dec 3rd. Planning on a week stay. Never been at this time of year. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Will be doing clinical rotations which severely cuts into available Disney time(therefore all the trips this year prior to starting them) but I know I'll get 2 weeks for X-mas so Dec 16 or 17th to Dec 24, OKW, 1 Br or maybe 2 Br depending on my opportunities to burn points at other times of the year.

CKDKMK said:
I am a new DVC member. I am having trouble deciding when to book. I want to see the Christmas lights and etc. Which would you prefer crowd wise. Thinking of leaving Sunday following Thanksgiving or Dec 3rd. Planning on a week stay. Never been at this time of year. Any suggestions.

Thanks

For this year? Or for next year? If its for this year you had better decide soon. This time of year is very popular to DVC members, I knew this and we just bought and I was soo hoping we could get a room at 7 weeks out. Honestly though I wasn't holding my breath but I got really lucky and was able to snag a 1bdrm at SSR for my trip. So if you plan on this year the sooner the better.

Also anytime in December for check-ins you will use fewer points.

CKDKMK said:

Thanks

Welcome!!! Well the 1st 2 weeks of December are good. But busy so book @ your home resort (11 month window). The crowds aren't too bad during that time either & it's low on points. It is so beautiful down there. Mom & I decided to go every other year after we went for the 1st time in 12/04. Have fun deciding.

Thanks for the replies. This is going to be a 2006 vacation trip (will be 1st trip home). I was planning on a 2 bdrm since we are planning on bringing mother in law and one guest with her (most likely my sister in law). This will be the 1st trip for my mother in law and since she will be 74 and she loves Chirstmas. I think this will be good time to spend with family - my daughter will be 4 then. Also if my sister in law goes she will have to take her 14 yr old out of school. Does the weather change pretty much from day to day there? How is the crowds the following week of Thanksgiving. Does Mickey's Christmas start always the following Sunday after Thanksgiving? I guess I need to find out for sure if sister in law is going then work something out, since kids have semester test towards the end of the year before Chirstmas break.

December 2-9 2006 @ SSR. Myself, DH , 2 DS's , our best friends and their 2 DD's. We are going then because we want to see WDW decorated for the Holidays. We will be going to MVMCP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter