December 2011 Code Watch!

Great minds think alike, lol!!
Great week, great resort!
We are totally hoping for Free Dining! I'm so excited already & we have over a year to go, lol.
Never been in December, really looking forward to seeing Disney all decorated for Christmas.
Here's hoping they release a great deal for us sooner rather than later!:thumbsup2
I so need to go dig up some TR from December 2009 & read some pretrip reports ofr December 2010!

popcorn::

Christmas decorations are up after Thanksgiving all over the parks and Osborne Lights start November 10, at HS and the MVMCP starts November 8 this year so dates for 2011 be around those dates probably. First two weeks in December are not as crowed as later in the month. We have 29 days to go for this fall trip and then back to planing the next one for spring:dance3:

Hi Im jumping in also! I was going to take a break from Disney next year but my mom and I were talking and we would really like to go during the Christmas season but not w/o some kind of discount. I have never been during this time so it is exciting for me :cool1:

I am in! Well, at least for the discount/code watch. 2 trips in 2010 means it is not as likely to go in 2011...but 12/2011 is almost 2 years from the first 2010 trip, so I might get dh to consider it. :rotfl: He didn't go with me on the trip I just took in 9/2010...so for him it will be like 2 years. We have wanted to go during Christmas and since two of our kids will be gone and not coming home for Christmas 2011, it might be a good distraction for us. Not sure what week though. I guess that depends on the discount ;)

trying to wait patiently! :thumbsup2 and to think I was a patient person! when it comes to waiting for something like this to come along..I'm not so great at it! :rotfl:

Me either, lol. I tell everyone I'm waiting (im)patiently, haha. It's so hard being this excited, knowing it is forever away & not being able to talk about it to the kids!!! :rotfl2:

Just thought about going Dec 2011 and so haven't seen what was available this Dec. We'd be travelling from Australia sometime after Dec 3 and also want to do Universal plus get to New York. Trying to figure out the best weeks to go so it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, allows us to have the full American Christmas experience and isn't too crowded. Any suggestions?

Just thought about going Dec 2011 and so haven't seen what was available this Dec. We'd be travelling from Australia sometime after Dec 3 and also want to do Universal plus get to New York. Trying to figure out the best weeks to go so it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, allows us to have the full American Christmas experience and isn't too crowded. Any suggestions?

Disney has some it's lowest attendance in the beginning of December. In mid-December crowds start to increase. Christmas week through New Year's Day is one of their highest crowd levels times. For flying within the US...check out Southwest Airlines or Air Tran (Southwest in the process of buying Air Tran, so at some point they'll all be one, but no changes for now). Hope this helps!

Disney has some it's lowest attendance in the beginning of December. In mid-December crowds start to increase. Christmas week through New Year's Day is one of their highest crowd levels times. For flying within the US...check out Southwest Airlines or Air Tran (Southwest in the process of buying Air Tran, so at some point they'll all be one, but no changes for now). Hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice - although already the trip is growing! DD wants Disney and Universal, DH wants Washington DC and I want NYC - all before prices go ballistic near Christmas (apparently week before Christmas is peak in NY). Given school finishes here around Dec 1 I might be able to squeeze it all in before mid Dec but looking dodgy!

I am taking my neighbors this year, and we are going the week after T-giving - November 26th through December 3rd. I am also hoping to get them some kind of code or deal - they are so good to me (I live alone) and they are a young married couple, getting ready to start a family in the next two years and I really want to show them a good time, but don't want to bust their budget.

We are staying at POR, my home resort.;)

Still hanging around waiting too! Seeing how the free dining dates were already released for most of next year, I am so hoping that we'll hear something soon. I want to start planning, but we can only go in December IF free dining is announced. As a big family, no other deal compares to free dining. If this doesn't get offered, we'll be looking at 2012. So I am impatiently waiting to see if this trip will happen next december.:santa:

We've got the bug bad. We've got two trips planned in 2011, Feb and Dec. Me, the wife, two 3 yr old pirates and a 1 yr old princess. We're throwing around the Annual pass since both trips will be 10+ and saving parking will help. Also we've caught wind of a pass holder discount on resorts and a meal plan (something like $45 per adult, and $11 per child). The help line says this will all be released in November 2010.

Count me in too ! i'm hoping for a 40% room discount more than free dining but i'll take what I can get ! :rotfl:

So, I thought we were only going to be able to go next December if free dining was announced. Dh and I sat down and talked about it and it looks like we'll be able to go either way. We priced out a full price trip and that wasn't as bad as we thought. I sure am hoping for free dining still or at least a good % off the room to bring that price down. Looks like we'll be going either way!

SO.... I started requesting some Christmas designs from the creative disigns thread. There sure are some cute ones. I've never looked at Christmas ones before, never thought we'd go in December. I'm starting to get very excited! I may even create a countdown ticker soon!:banana:

I'm hoping to go in Dec 2011 as well. It would be me (34), and my parents (56 & 61). A lot of things will have to fall just right so that we can go. I'm hoping for a discount to make the trip possible for all of us. It's been a really rough year (I started dialysis). So, a nice relaxing Disney vacation could be just what the Dr. ordered!

December 13th through December 21st. Hoping for NO FD ( I LOATHE FD) and a 40% discount.:thumbsup2

Thinking about bringing the tribe down early December 2011 for a long weekend (probably because I feel guilty about my adults-only trip coming up in January 2011). The free dining works much better for us as well - priced out my upcoming trip with a 25% off offer (w/ quick-service dining added) and full-price room with free dining and the free dining offer was over $100 less. It's actually what convinced me to book.

I've decided to leave it to fate - if there is a bounce back offer waiting for me, then we will go in December 2011. If not....we might go anyway.

Count us in we actually had to cancel this years dec trip which we had a bounceback but I found out I was expecting the same week we were going to go!! So I am hoping to nab a 40% please please please!! Now there will be 6 of us!

Count us in we actually had to cancel this years dec trip which we had a bounceback but I found out I was expecting the same week we were going to go!! So I am hoping to nab a 40% please please please!! Now there will be 6 of us!

Congrats on baby #4 & welcome to the family of 6 club!! :dance3::dance3:

Hopping on here. We will not be going for fall break next year for the first time in years. Planning a stay in the world. Wishing for a real early present in the form of free dining so we can stay for a while. Wishing for 12/21-1/1.

These are the dates I'm looking at as well. Should we really hope for free dining during this week?? How awesome would that be? :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter