December 2012 Code Watch

I agree, and now with new fantasyland opening in early december i bet the rooms will be full the whole month, not holding my breathe for any room only discounts :(

I agree, and now with new fantasyland opening in early december i bet the rooms will be full the whole month, not holding my breathe for any room only discounts :(

Agree !! with no AP discount, it will just push us off property for the first part of our trip (will not pay $400 a night for Deluxe or $200 for a moderate) . I hear Universal studio's is very festive over the holidays.. guess we'll be checking it out this year. Last part of our trip is DVC thank goodness

MinnieSummer said:
I can't believe they still haven't offered AP discounts. With everyone filling up the rooms with free dining I really think they aren't going to give us much if at all. It is really late for the discount to be coming out.

Ditto...also can't believe that they haven't released any AP rates. Surely they won't just totally skip the Fall 2012 quarter?! Ugh, very frustrating.

Well, I have now completely lost hope on any package discounts (besides free dining) thanks to the grand opening of fantasyland in December. Since it will more than likely be more crowded than usual this year, I don't expect disney to offer any discounts.

Well, I have now completely lost hope on any package discounts (besides free dining) thanks to the grand opening of fantasyland in December. Since it will more than likely be more crowded than usual this year, I don't expect disney to offer any discounts.

Then why did they just extend free dining until 12/20? That makes no sense to me. Were they having trouble making this week's payroll or something? ;)

The CM I spoke to last night indicated a strong possibility of a RO discount for our Dec vacation.keeping my fingers crossed!

MinnieSummer said:
I can't believe they still haven't offered AP discounts. With everyone filling up the rooms with free dining I really think they aren't going to give us much if at all. It is really late for the discount to be coming out.

FD is not filling up every room. Values maybe, but I doubt It even makes a dent in Deluxe occupancy. FD and RO discounts have very different targets.

I'm not panicking. if you look at discount patterns for this year, it's not particularly late. Also, keep in mind that for early fall we saw GP discounts released first and then later, deeper AP discounts. There's a decent likelihood that they'll use that pattern again. Llast year, they released early AP then they released GP way late and it excluded most of Oct. I think it's possible they'll release GP first, but leave Oct out in the cold. We ended up at the Dolphin last Oct (no AP then) and I think if I were going in Oct again, I'd be making alternate plans. Just in case. But we're going in Dec so I'm not worried.

there are still no rumors. CMs haven't heard anything yet. So I think the likelihood of it being next week are slim. I'm thinking we won't see anything until late August or sept. Frustrating, but not worrying. Hang in there.

I still have hope that there will be some discounts, but I would expect that the MK resorts may have less of a discount than, say, AKL or the Epcot resorts. The discounts may be more selective because of the FL opening.

I will not book without a RO discount. I'll just go to the beach instead. I have a set budget for the trip and I just can't swing it without the discount. But that's OK. I like the beach too!

Its our family tradition to go to WDW for Christmas and I really want to continue it but I priced the mods and deluxe resorts and if we don't get a RO disc. I don't think we can do it. I will not stay value for Christmas. Something better come out.

I'm looking at Christmas week. There aren't usually any discounts out either RO, AP or AAA for the actual week of Christmas, are there?

I'd like to think there would be a discount for my dates but I am extremely doubtful

I'm there 2-9 December (pop Warner), already blacked out for FD and I just can't see how Disney will offer room only discounts during that period when pop Warner will fill rooms anyway and now with the FL grand opening I think discounts won't happen.

Of course I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, I'm going discount or not but a discount would be very welcome.

Did the opening of the previous phases of FLE effect crowds/discounts much?

Im patiently waiting for room only discount codes! We have stayed at disney world in december for the past 5 years with discount codes. This has to be the latest I've seen them wait to release them. I most definitely believe its due to the new fantasy land opening up. I can't see myself paying 350+ a night for a deluxe room. I have my fingers crossed and hope a AP discount or FL resident code releases soon. Until then I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Im patiently waiting for room only discount codes! We have stayed at disney world in december for the past 5 years with discount codes. This has to be the latest I've seen them wait to release them. I most definitely believe its due to the new fantasy land opening up. I can't see myself paying 350+ a night for a deluxe room. I have my fingers crossed and hope a AP discount or FL resident code releases soon. Until then I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Yep. I'm in the same boat.

Currently have a royal room at POR with free dining.

Would like to do a Poly/BC split. But without at least a 30% room discount, I can't justify the price.

Agree !! with no AP discount, it will just push us off property for the first part of our trip (will not pay $400 a night for Deluxe or $200 for a moderate) . I hear Universal studio's is very festive over the holidays.. guess we'll be checking it out this year. Last part of our trip is DVC thank goodness

I hope Universal is festive.....we're staying the first night of our Orlando vacation at Royal Pacific =) :rolleyes1

FireRN said:
Did the opening of the previous phases of FLE effect crowds/discounts much?

Not that I know of. But then, it was just individual ride openings, not any hoopla.

I think it really depends on whether Disney markets the " Grand Opening" to the general public. Right now only people like us even know about it. Sure, a handful if people in the know will switch from Oct/Nov to Dec but that's a drop in the bucket. At this point I don't see any reason to think FLE might affect resort occupancy or general crowds any more than that already is. Not even at the MK resorts; those are the most expensive resorts on property. You're either inclined to stay there or you're not. I don't think FLE is likely to have much effect.

Not that I know of. But then, it was just individual ride openings, not any hoopla.

I think it really depends on whether Disney markets the " Grand Opening" to the general public. Right now only people like us even know about it. Sure, a handful if people in the know will switch from Oct/Nov to Dec but that's a drop in the bucket. At this point I don't see any reason to think FLE might affect resort occupancy or general crowds any more than that already is. Not even at the MK resorts; those are the most expensive resorts on property. You're either inclined to stay there or you're not. I don't think FLE is likely to have much effect.

I agree with this line of thought.

To me, the fact that they extended FD all the way up to Dec. 20 within days of announcing the FLE is telling (if they expected FLE to cause massive resort booking hysteria, why extend FD at all, let alone into the most popular peak period of the year?).

Moreover, FD doesn't entice people to book the expensive MK resorts nearly as much as room discounts do. So, if they're needing to extend FD across the board basically up through Christmas for all resort categories, it stands to reason that they're going to need some extra incentives to get people to book those expensive deluxe rooms.

I think the room discounts are coming. To me, the only questions are when (hopefully tomorrow) and how much?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter