December 2012 Code Watch

So now I am all excited that there may be discounts tomorrow. I sat down with DH over the weekend and went through the pricing of the resorts without a discount and he basically said forget it. So, if the discounts don't come out this will be the first year in a long time that we aren't at WDW for Christmas. I think I might cry at the thought.

I saw one person post that they talked to a CM that said the 15th. But there's no way of knowing if the CM really heard something or if he's just speculating based on tOday's expiration. And it's just one CM. I think I've been burned too many times. I'll be checking tomorrow, but if I were betting, I think I'd be betting later in the month.

I hope Universal is festive.....we're staying the first night of our Orlando vacation at Royal Pacific =) :rolleyes1

We went to Universal during Christmas last year. The Grinch Christmas show was adorable and we would definitely do it again. Overall though I wasn't really impressed with the "festivities" If you really want to do something other than WDW I highly recommend going to SeaWorld. I was absolutely amazed by the park at Christmas. The shows were great and the nighttime holiday lights show was incredible. They have dancing trees out on the lagoon that light up with the music, a holiday ice skating show, a Holiday Village, really just a wonderful way to spend a day -- in some way even better than WDW.:thumbsup2

Just got a Disney Destinations email (not a PIN) simply extending the booking date for free dining. I need a room-only discount, enough with the free dining already.

I just got overly excited because I got an e-mail from Disney Destination. I opened it up while holding my breath. I couldn't look so I peaked through one eye and it read something like: FL residents, its not to late to take advantage of great rates ending september 29th. :eek: Maybe this is a good indicator that they are going to send out the AP codes for December soon. OK, maybe not but I can dream can't I? Please let it be tomorrow

Just got a Disney Destinations email (not a PIN) simply extending the booking date for free dining. I need a room-only discount, enough with the free dining already.

If a Room Only discount was available, could you book for only one night? We have a night booked at the cheaper Hotel Plaza resort for the first night of our WDW stay because the free dining didn't start until Dec 10th and we needed a room for Dec 9th. If a room only discount became available would I be able to book that room using that discount for only one night?

If a Room Only discount was available, could you book for only one night? We have a night booked at the cheaper Hotel Plaza resort for the first night of our WDW stay because the free dining didn't start until Dec 10th and we needed a room for Dec 9th. If a room only discount became available would I be able to book that room using that discount for only one night?

Yes you could. :thumbsup2
In fact, that is what I've done & hoping I get to add some sort of discount for that one night. :rolleyes1

Depends on the offer. I have received PIN codes that had minimum stay requirements. Good luck, I hope something works out for you. :)

So 2 people reported today on other threads that CMs told them AP and FL discounts will be out by the end of the month. :)

I've had 3 different CM's when I've called say the AP discount probably won't be released till mid September. I'm hoping for sooner, but I don't know who to believe anymore!!! Come on discounts!!!

2012DisneyWorldBride said:
I've had 3 different CM's when I've called say the AP discount probably won't be released till mid September. I'm hoping for sooner, but I don't know who to believe anymore!!! Come on discounts!!!

I wonder if that means GP will be released first or if they'll all just be released really late.

Officially subscribing. Still waiting for that elusive AP discount but we are booked at POFQ for Dec 9-15.

We went ahead and booked yesterday for 2 days in Dec. with AAA rate but will rebook with AP as soon as they are released.

I was just looking and apparently there is a bounceback offer in the rooms right now for next year that involves free dining. I really think that Disney is going to get rid of the AP discounts and go with the free dining. It seems like more people respond to that and AP holders aren't as strong in numbers. Oh well. :sad1:

MinnieSummer said:
I was just looking and apparently there is a bounceback offer in the rooms right now for next year that involves free dining. I really think that Disney is going to get rid of the AP discounts and go with the free dining. It seems like more people respond to that and AP holders aren't as strong in numbers. Oh well. :sad1:

While Disney almost certainly makes more money off of FD, FD will not fill Deluxe rooms. As long as there are Deluxe rooms available we'll continue to see RO discounts, AP or otherwise.

my DS and I are going in 10 days:cheer2:

I'm looking to book a trip for my parents anniversary in December its a surprise....I don't think the FD is a great offer for them, so I'm hoping for a lilpixiedust:for a room only code!

in the meantime I will keep stalking the disboards and the Disney website.

While Disney almost certainly makes more money off of FD, FD will not fill Deluxe rooms. As long as there are Deluxe rooms available we'll continue to see RO discounts, AP or otherwise.

This. FD is a good deal at values and mods. I don't think it's even close at deluxes.

Hello everybody, this is my first time actually booking a room through Disney. In the past we traded time at our condo for a stay at one of the Disney Villas (OKW last time). I'm liking the freedom of booking a room a lot better, but it is complicated.

We went ahead and booked yesterday for 2 days in Dec. with AAA rate but will rebook with AP as soon as they are released.
This is what I did back in June, and got a great deal on discounted tickets as well. So definitely no FD for me. However, I don't have an AP. Keeping fingers crossed.

This. FD is a good deal at values and mods. I don't think it's even close at deluxes.
That's good to hear! I booked at the YC, so I thought I'd be better off going with RO and a discount. I'm just not a big fan of the DDP. It seems like too much trouble for people like my family, who basically eat to live. :)

Definitely subscribing!

I am waiting for an AP code as well for December 2nd. Do you think I should book a resort hotel with AAA discount and hope to change it when the AP codes come out? We are looking at deluxe hotels so without the AP code, I'm not sure we will go in December. Any thoughts???
Disnemimi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter