December 2014 Car Rental Discount Watch

I'll join ya! I got a great deal on a full size rental through Dollar for our trip we took a couple of weeks ago. I hope I can snag another good deal!

I'm in too! We will be going just after Christmas again this year.

Last year we found a pretty good rate - don't know if there is a "great" deal during that time of the year.

We are staying in a DVC villa in early December and just need a car for a day to get groceries. I found a great deal on a 1-day rental from MCO to Dolphin (or CCC) through Alamo that did not require a discount code (and didn't have one that I could find). Currently, a compact for one day is $23 and full-size is $30. I started a thread on the DVC-Misc board here.

For a full week in early December, Alamo's pricing from the Dolphin or CCC is substantially lower than from MCO. There are codes for the weeklong rental, such as Costco.

Last year by watching for codes I was able to get a 10 day rental in a minivan through Alamo for $318 all in... The same rental (same dates), is at $630 so I'm hoping it drops considerably. Fingers crossed!

We are heading down for a week over Christmas. My only problem right now is I don't know times until SWA opens their reservation window later this month.

I am hoping the KLM code works for me then as well as it did for later this month.

We are heading down for a week over Christmas. My only problem right now is I don't know times until SWA opens their reservation window later this month. I am hoping the KLM code works for me then as well as it did for later this month.

You don't need your flight times to book, if try now and then just update your reservation with the flight times closer to the date... Worst case you cancel if pricing comes down!

After nearly getting raked over the coals for our Spring Break rental, I'm going to keep a close eye on this one. We just booked 8 days free dining over Christmas, and I'm sure we could pay out the nose on airfare and car rental, if we're not careful.

Thankfully, I just found a rate that wasn't *awful* on carrentalsavers.com. Grabbed a full-size (Nissan Altima) from Dollar for 8 days, $350 all in. I'd be much happier if we could nudge that down $75-100, so I'd love to hear your best finds! :thumbsup2

I definitely think that you can do better than that. We rented a full-size car through dollar during the first week of April. It was $114. Plus tax I think it came to be around $138. And hoping to score another great deal like that for our trip the second week of December

It may not work over Christmas, but I would try the KLM deal with emerald club that has been talked about a ton on the transportation boards. I just made my initial reservations for a 10 day minivan rental for the 6-16 of December for $408... And am hoping to add a coupon code to make it even a bit less, once back half of year coupon codes are out.

SUB-N...

Once again...playing the waiting game with the Car Pirate...errrr. Renal....errr..RENTAL Agencies. :p:rotfl:

As of now...14 days, Full Size, $579
Gotta get that WAY down!

It may not work over Christmas, but I would try the KLM deal with emerald club that has been talked about a ton on the transportation boards. I just made my initial reservations for a 10 day minivan rental for the 6-16 of December for $408... And am hoping to add a coupon code to make it even a bit less, once back half of year coupon codes are out.

Could you please enter the code information as this is the only thread I'm currently following. Thanks so much.

You need to sign up for the code in case you are asked to present the card.

I just booked a Standard through Alamo only using our insiders info -
11 days [12/5-12/16]
Standard - $345 including all fee's, taxes, etc.
PU and drop off MCO

I would like to get it down but for now w/o any codes I didn't think it was all that bad.:thumbsup2

You need to be a KLM partner (free sign up), and national emerald club.
The use contractID (not coupon Id) 8572130 on nationals site.

Currently booked with National as an Emerald Club member using the KLM code and a $30 weekly rental coupon code from BJ's and my rate right now is $305.28 for Dec 11-21. Will keep checking as we get closer but that is just about what I paid to rent with them on our trip last month. First time renting with National and I was very happy with them.

Well we changed our trip dates this morning (haven't even changed our ticker yet!). We'll renting a car from December 13th to the 21st. So far the cheapest I am seeing for ant 8 night rental is $207.57 booking through my CAA website (the total quoted is in USD though). That's for a Standard with Dollar.

Not bad. And since my budget for the rental was $200 it's pretty close. I think I should book it and see if I find something better down the road.

I just booked a full size with Dollar. Dec. 20-29. I used my AAA office code. Total includes tax is $239.16. I'm a little bit shocked I was able to get a price that low this far out. If I can get it lower then that great if not I can live with that price for a 10 day rental.

I just booked a full size with Dollar. Dec. 20-29. I used my AAA office code. Total includes tax is $239.16. I'm a little bit shocked I was able to get a price that low this far out. If I can get it lower then that great if not I can live with that price for a 10 day rental.

I was too! I haven't seen anything better than when I booked and to tell you the truth I am kind of happy to have it over and done with. If it gets significantly lower in the weeks leading up to our trip I will change it, but I won't fret about it and check multiple codes and scour for deals like I usually do. I used to find that fun.. this time I am just happy to have it all squared away 6 months ahead of time!:goodvibes
I've used Dollar before and found them just fine. Car was in great condition and service was efficient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter