December 2014 Car Rental Discount Watch

You are going to SQEEEE! with excitement.

Go to Mousesavers, and take their Hertz link from here:
http://www.mousesavers.com/hertz-rental-car-discounts/

Midsize car (drumroll please) $245 all in!

Hmm....I am using the mousesavers special link and getting $607.37 for an picking up at MCO... Not sure what I am screwing up. I was pretty excited to see $245 total. Best I can find this afternoon is Dollar at $309...

Hmm....I am using the mousesavers special link and getting $607.37 for an picking up at MCO... Not sure what I am screwing up. I was pretty excited to see $245 total. Best I can find this afternoon is Dollar at $309...
What are your times?

I just tried it again, pick up at 6:00 pm drop off at 12:00 pm. I don't know how those times got in there. Pick up and drop off at noon, the same. Pick up and drop off at 6:00, the same. It fluctuates because I have also seen it at $400 for you dates. Try again now.

ETA: I figured it out. Take the SECOND link. It's a different code but it still says "CDP: MOUSESAVERS INC" as the discount on the reservation.

Ah ha.... I was doing 4pm p/u and 3pm drop.... You are right it is a much better $$$$. Will I be penalized for doing 3pm p/u even if I don't land until 3:30 and then get to the car around 4? Or I guess I could take a chance for over $100 diff. You are awesome!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for the help!!!!!

What are your times?

I just tried it again, pick up at 6:00 pm drop off at 12:00 pm. I don't know how those times got in there. Pick up and drop off at noon, the same. Pick up and drop off at 6:00, the same. It fluctuates because I have also seen it at $400 for you dates. Try again now.

ETA: I figured it out. Take the SECOND link. It's a different code but it still says "CDP: MOUSESAVERS INC" as the discount on the reservation.

Thanks so much!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: $239.69 USD total!!!!

So my brother is traveling with us for our Christmas trip and needs a rental for Dec 26 to 28 only - he flies out on the 28 at 6:00am. I haven't rented a car in a few trips (we drive so we have our own) and I am unsure where to start looking for the best rates. Is Car rental savers the best resource?
Thanks for any advice you can give! Cheers! :goodvibes

So my brother is traveling with us for our Christmas trip and needs a rental for Dec 26 to 28 only - he flies out on the 28 at 6:00am. I haven't rented a car in a few trips (we drive so we have our own) and I am unsure where to start looking for the best rates. Is Car rental savers the best resource?
Thanks for any advice you can give! Cheers! :goodvibes
The Hertz Mousesavers link posted above is giving the best daily rates right now.

(Posted on another month's thread...but hoping to get an answer from somebody...)

Questions..
.Regarding Alamo Premier Pick up trucks...The ALAMO website sez "Dodge Quad Cab-(or similar)"...but the seating only shows 4......
Quad cab pick up trucks seat a minimum of 5...
Question 1
Has anyone here rented a truck from ALAMO recently?

and, if so...

Question B
...Was it a four door "Quad Cab?"

(I called the incredibly short-staffed and equally incredibly difficult to understand customer service folks...we know how that turned out though.)

I have no idea about renting a truck, but for those renting mini-vans through Alamo... the rate is currently matching the lowest I have (Dec 14-23). You might want to check your rates to see if they've dropped.

I have no idea about renting a truck, but for those renting mini-vans through Alamo... the rate is currently matching the lowest I have (Dec 14-23). You might want to check your rates to see if they've dropped.

I am not having any luck with pricing out a mini-van for our dates of 12/18-12/25. Minivan isn't even one of the options to pick from with Alamo .. am I doing something wrong or are they just sold out already???

I am not having any luck with pricing out a mini-van for our dates of 12/18-12/25. Minivan isn't even one of the options to pick from with Alamo .. am I doing something wrong or are they just sold out already???

No minivans are showing for our trip 12/21 - 12/29 either.

I have a previous reservation with dollar for a Mid-Size SUV for $292 and it looks like that is the best I am going to do. I would love something larger, but I guess we will be sitting with suitcases on our laps for the trips to/from the airport.

They could very well be sold out :(.

Dollar has a special on a midsize SUV for $385 all-in. Click on their "Specials" link at the top of their home page. ETA, it's $376 with Orlando Magicard "oi1054" corporate code.

JayHawks, if you need a minivan and you are arriving at MCO in the middle of the day you can rent from one of Budget's off-airport locations and return to MCO. For instance, the location on Landstreet has a minivan for $238 all-in using code X474200 and coupon MUWZ08. The downside is that the Landstreet location closes at 6:00.

ETA, the code is the "Travelocity" code and available for anyone to use. No proof is needed.

No minivans are showing for our trip 12/21 - 12/29 either.

Oh, I'm sorry. They are still showing for my dates, but when I put in your dates, there are none showing up. :(

Just an update. We got our car from Dollar this morning. Because it was a prepaid reservation we couldn't use Express and had to use the counter. It wasn't too bad of a wait, maybe 10 minutes or so. But enough time to watch the agents at work. Some of them were worse than others, but they ALL did the upsell spiel. Try to scare you into thinking your insurance is inadequate, try to scare you into the massive fees you'll be charged if you don't get the sunpass thingy.. blah blah blah. It was easy enough to say no, but only because we had called our agent and knew without question what our insurance covered. We also knew the tolls we went through had cash lanes.

We were able to choose our car from about 5 or 6 in the fullsize aisle. There were Sonata's, Impalas and Camry's. We took the Camry. It's fine. We noted the scratches with the gate attendant.

Overall it wasn't a "bad" experience but I would suggest knowing what you need and firmly saying no, probably more than once to the upsell. I missed Alamo and the kiosk.

Was able to get Alama full size on Costco site tonight. Dec 16th pick up drop off dec 27th. $239.00 total.

Was able to get Alama full size on Costco site tonight. Dec 16th pick up drop off dec 27th. $239.00 total.

Did you try using the Costco code (675899) directly on the Alamo site? Just curious what your experience is because when I go directly through Costco site, I get a higher rate than booking on Alamo with Costco code. It might be because I'm booking a minivan. :confused3

Did you try using the Costco code (675899) directly on the Alamo site? Just curious what your experience is because when I go directly through Costco site, I get a higher rate than booking on Alamo with Costco code. It might be because I'm booking a minivan. :confused3

Yes I did it on the Alamo site, instead of having to go get my Costco Card out. I re-booked this morning though, but with Budget. Although I prefer Alamo, I was able to get the same dates, with Costco and a $40 off coupon for a 10 day rental for $196.00 full size car. I can't imagine beating that. Fingers crossed, but doubtful!

But I used this Costco Code. 7014627

Just wanted to check in ............

We arrived yesterday, and rented with Alamo. Finally landed at MCO about 11:30pm. We opted for the "go straight to car" option. Its a nice feature ........DO IT !

So we had a Full size rental and wanted to report what was in the Full size Isle ..........

Ironically NO ford Fusions, like the reservation said , just lots of "or equivalents", lol :lmao: .

Lots of Chrysler 200's , Chevy Malibu's , Toyota Camry's , Hyundai Sonata's , Kia Optima, Nissan Altima's Lots to choose from, some more I am forgetting, didnt see any Fords .
Also, a few Town and Country Mini Vans, even a few Nissan Frontier 4 door pick-up trucks :confused3 .
After some deciding ........we finally settled on the last car in the aisle (probably, JUST parked, or it would have been gone already) , a brand new 2015 Volkswagen Passat TSI Turbo, Wolfsburg Edition. :cool1: . Didn't expect that one to be in the Full size aisle ! SCORE !!!

A mini van or a truck would have been the best choice to maximize the best value, but we certainly didnt need a truck, and minivan are not our thing anymore since the kids are grown , so the V-Dub it was !

Also, they DID NOT ask or even care about seeing our WDW annual pass for the discount ..................even asked him if he wanted to see it, and he said naaaaaaaaaaaaa ....... :lmao: Just needed the CC (visa for the $30. coupon) and my DL and we were off for 11 days in a brand new VW Passat for $158. ALL IN .

Good Luck to everyone else !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter