DECEMBER 2017 DISCOUNTS AND CODE WATCH

I NEVER get an email.....:(. What about the offer is garbage? What are your dates?
December 2-10. There is basically no availability with the code outside of a few suites - similar to the current General and AP discounts that are already available. At least it was transiently exciting to get the email and try the code.

I've been checking for FL resident room discount for Oct-Dec '17. I see AP & general public discounts (for Oct-Dec) but not FL resident. Am I right, no FL discount released as of yet?

I've been checking for FL resident room discount for Oct-Dec '17. I see AP & general public discounts (for Oct-Dec) but not FL resident. Am I right, no FL discount released as of yet?

Correct, no FL resident rate as of yet. Even when it is released don't expect much, if any availability.

well i've been rechecking constantly for weeks and just saw a discounted room at Pop for 12/6-12/9, so i rebooked with the general holiday discount and saved $50. somehow, the general discount for a standard room was $100/night, and the same room with a passholder discount was $101/night. how they've been doing the last few discounted seasons is absolutely baffling.

well i've been rechecking constantly for weeks and just saw a discounted room at Pop for 12/6-12/9, so i rebooked with the general holiday discount and saved $50. somehow, the general discount for a standard room was $100/night, and the same room with a passholder discount was $101/night. how they've been doing the last few discounted seasons is absolutely baffling.
first time in my experience (last few years) I've seen the general discount better than the AP.... I cannot even guess what WDW is thinking. Never seen it so tight - no availability with any offer, can't apply to existing reservations and lowest discounts....ugh.

First time I booked through a travel site to get a better discount but am NOT happy about it. I had to change our hotel and dates which meant changing dining reservations and I lost my key ones.

first time in my experience (last few years) I've seen the general discount better than the AP.... I cannot even guess what WDW is thinking. Never seen it so tight - no availability with any offer, can't apply to existing reservations and lowest discounts....ugh.

First time I booked through a travel site to get a better discount but am NOT happy about it. I had to change our hotel and dates which meant changing dining reservations and I lost my key ones.
I hear ya...first time for an outside travel company for me as well.

Do you think bounceback offers will be better for us late fall visitors since our discount offers were so terrible?

Not sure if this will help anyone here, but I just cancelled (sniff sniff) 2 rooms with free dining, Dec 10-Dec 17 - CSR, standard views. (Alas I have a business trip that ended up that week, so we're pushing out until Jan.)

Random question, but asking anyway!

Do AP ever cancel their rooms? I managed to get two of our five nights at a discounted rate, but I am wondering if it's worth checking back over and over to see if the other 3 become available? Thinking about it, it didn't seem like annual passholders would probably cancel that often-but maybe I'm mistaken?

Originally after hunting I got all but one of the nights at discount, but it was a mix between the general public promotion and the annual passholder promotion. Ultimately I decided I didn't want to risk changing rooms five times, so now I am only looking for passholder promotion. Checking all of the time is kind of a drag oh, and I haven't really seen the inventory change at all.

Random question, but asking anyway!

Do AP ever cancel their rooms? I managed to get two of our five nights at a discounted rate, but I am wondering if it's worth checking back over and over to see if the other 3 become available? Thinking about it, it didn't seem like annual passholders would probably cancel that often-but maybe I'm mistaken?

Originally after hunting I got all but one of the nights at discount, but it was a mix between the general public promotion and the annual passholder promotion. Ultimately I decided I didn't want to risk changing rooms five times, so now I am only looking for passholder promotion. Checking all of the time is kind of a drag oh, and I haven't really seen the inventory change at all.
I have sometimes cancelled a room once I found one I wanted more or I had been holding onto one until a preferred view or category opened. The best way is to check every day, multiple times a day. I find the inventory fluctuates and more rooms are released into the AP discounts closer to arrival.

Just last fall, I cancelled on my 5th day out after rebooking in CR, garden wing, standard view. I hope you find what you need!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter