****December 2020 Thread****

What is Ol Universal AfterHours on 11th?

It's kind of like the disney after hours events, but put on by a private group, orlando informer. If you do a google search for orlando informer meetup universal, you should find their meetup page.

Basically, you can get into the universal parks at 3, and they close to the public at 7 or 8, but meetup guests can stay an extra 5.5 hours. Low to no lines, and food and non alcoholic drinks included.

We thought it would be a good way to see harry potter without the crowds. Friends who went before said the only line was at hagrid's, and the other rides were walk ons.

YEAH for trips!!!

We are keeping our indoor dining as when we went to Disney in October DH was good with how Disney was handling everything - but due to the earlier park opening, we have cancelled all our sit down breakfasts, and we'll just go to Roaring Forks all 6 mornings - so we'll just rotate what we order off the menu to spice things up!

HA!

I'll be doing some serious packing today - I told DS that he's got to cooperate with the packing since I won't let him do that by himself since we are all about "matching"!

DH reminded me that i need to pack a little toilet paper this time - we have always stayed deluxe and never had an issue but this trip in Oct we had the thinnest, scratchiest TP at BLT so DH has put in his request for us to bring some!

He's a little high maintenance - but if brining TP makes him happier to be at Disney, then that's what I'll do!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

YEAH for trips!!!

We are keeping our indoor dining as when we went to Disney in October DH was good with how Disney was handling everything - but due to the earlier park opening, we have cancelled all our sit down breakfasts, and we'll just go to Roaring Forks all 6 mornings - so we'll just rotate what we order off the menu to spice things up!

HA!

I'll be doing some serious packing today - I told DS that he's got to cooperate with the packing since I won't let him do that by himself since we are all about "matching"!

DH reminded me that i need to pack a little toilet paper this time - we have always stayed deluxe and never had an issue but this trip in Oct we had the thinnest, scratchiest TP at BLT so DH has put in his request for us to bring some!

He's a little high maintenance - but if brining TP makes him happier to be at Disney, then that's what I'll do!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That’s so funny we have been taking a roll of “Charmin” with us on trips for years😊

That’s so funny we have been taking a roll of “Charmin” with us on trips for years😊

You guys are so funny. I told DH since we're driving i wanted to take my own tp, but he's worried about running out at home (it's still hard to find around here, and we're down to a couple of 6 packs). I may sneak a couple rolls into the car anyway! He can use the disney stuff if he wants... 8-)

You guys are so funny. I told DH since we're driving i wanted to take my own tp, but he's worried about running out at home (it's still hard to find around here, and we're down to a couple of 6 packs). I may sneak a couple rolls into the car anyway! He can use the disney stuff if he wants... 8-)

I have been able to find plenty of the “good stuff” charmin and cottenelle at BJs since this COVID mess started. I had too much at one point and was joking with friends that I would be giving toilet paper for Christmas and we laughed...no one is laughing now and all are hoping for Toilet paper, cans of Lysol spray and purell hand wipes!

I have been able to find plenty of the “good stuff” charmin and cottenelle at BJs since this COVID mess started. I had too much at one point and was joking with friends that I would be giving toilet paper for Christmas and we laughed...no one is laughing now and all are hoping for Toilet paper, cans of Lysol spray and purell hand wipes!

I would definitely take some tp for chrismukkah this year. :-) we found some off-brand wipes to take to the park, and hand sanitizer from bath and body works. Not ideal, but hopefully better than nothing. We've been completely unable to find lysol spray, too.

My mom passed away last jan (another reason we're needing to get away - it's been a horrible year even besides covid) and we discovered she'd been stashing ziplocs, foil, plastic wrap, tp, tissues, paper towels, etc, so we were all set through the spring and summer. If disney goes ok, maybe we'll brave costco when we get back - so far we've just been relying on the grocery store and online, which isn't great for selection.

I would definitely take some tp for chrismukkah this year. :-) we found some off-brand wipes to take to the park, and hand sanitizer from bath and body works. Not ideal, but hopefully better than nothing. We've been completely unable to find lysol spray, too.

My mom passed away last jan (another reason we're needing to get away - it's been a horrible year even besides covid) and we discovered she'd been stashing ziplocs, foil, plastic wrap, tp, tissues, paper towels, etc, so we were all set through the spring and summer. If disney goes ok, maybe we'll brave costco when we get back - so far we've just been relying on the grocery store and online, which isn't great for selection.

:hug: We lost my dad this year too, back at the very end of March. Makes for a terrible start to a bad year on all accounts.
Sounds like your mom was looking out for you in her own way :)

I recently gave up my BJs membership, but I'd say of all the stores I felt safest there. You should be fine at Costco if you go during off hours.

:hug: We lost my dad this year too, back at the very end of March. Makes for a terrible start to a bad year on all accounts.
Sounds like your mom was looking out for you in her own way :)

I recently gave up my BJs membership, but I'd say of all the stores I felt safest there. You should be fine at Costco if you go during off hours.

Sorry about your dad. It's so difficult. :worried:

We did think often that my mom would have been thrilled her supplies came in handy. She was always buying us little things - treats from the grocery store, kitchen stuff, pet toys, etc.

DH is the early bird in the family, and goes to the grocery at 6 am, so he'd probably do the same for costco. Guess who's getting up to try for RotR passes while i sleep in?!?!? :rolleyes:

We're also going to the OI Meetup! Our dates are almost the exact same as yours, @karmacats ! Dec 8-19 :) We're at Universal until we hit Disney on the 14th.

The trip is so close, but I'm not as Hyped as usual because I keep thinking something is going to happen to make me have to cancel at the last minute, sigh...

We're also going to the OI Meetup! Our dates are almost the exact same as yours, @karmacats ! Dec 8-19 :) We're at Universal until we hit Disney on the 14th.

The trip is so close, but I'm not as Hyped as usual because I keep thinking something is going to happen to make me have to cancel at the last minute, sigh...

Nice! We were supposed to arrive the 7th, but when the disney visa sale on resorts was announced we basically saved the cost of a night, so we decided to add the 6th. Our first park pass isn't til the 8th but this will give us the 7th to recover from our 14 hour drive. :oops: we'll only be at uni for the meetup, though - our other days are all at disney. I hope it's great - I've heard the uni hotels are really nice.

Hopefully you'll get psyched up when you're packing, or in the car or on the plane. I know what you mean, though - i feel like i won't really believe it until it happens...

Anyone have historic crowd calendars? I’ve seen the comments that the week before thanksgiving is similar crowd levels to the week before Christmas, so I was wanted to 1. Compare 2019 crowd levels for those dates and then 2. Check out 2020 crowd levels for the week before Thanksgiving to try to get a feel for how crowded it will be this year.

We’re obviously concerned about COVID and this week’s crowds really scared us off a bit with the inability to social distance a lot. We still aren’t sold on going yet, and we only have about 10 days to decide. It looks like the rest of our group is going to cancel, but we’re still unsure. We’ll be quarantining 2 weeks after the trip, but I’m still a bit worried. What’s everyone else’s thoughts?

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!

9 DAYS!!and DH is still watching the news and we're still going!

let your husband know, we are here now and have never felt safer.. anywhere! Crowds are not bad at all. We ate indoors and the spacing is great but plenty of places for outdoor dining. It’s different but the Magic is still here😁. CCV is our home resort and it’s STUNNING!!!

4 days to go-well 3 and 1/2 since we are past 12pm already lol. Today is packing day on my daily to do list, guess we need to a little of everything with the looks of the weather. We've never been this late in the year, so that will be a change for us.

Excited to go, nervous about some of the reports on the "Just back" thread.

How are the airports everyone? Particularly MCO ... where we're all headed through.

I am beyond excited to update my signature and comment on this thread . . . daughter and I are going to Disney!!! :)
I did not think a trip was happening for us this year when we had to cancel our September trip, but we just booked a short trip last night for December 11-13. CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!!! First stay at Art of Animation, too . . .:jumping3::bounce::Pinkbounc

So slight change of plans . . . daughter and I are positive for Covid as of Saturday so in quarantine for 10 days (we had actually changed the above dates to December 3-6, which falls within the 10 days). :eek: However all is not lost, we have rebooked for December 28-30 at Pop Century. Still Christmas in Disney! :santa:

So slight change of plans . . . daughter and I are positive for Covid as of Saturday so in quarantine for 10 days (we had actually changed the above dates to December 3-6, which falls within the 10 days). :eek: However all is not lost, we have rebooked for December 28-30 at Pop Century. Still Christmas in Disney! :santa:

Hope you're feeling ok, and continue to do well! (My son just had it, nothing really to speak off, less than a cold.)

Get well soon. 💗

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter