Describe the worst dining experince in Orlando..

If you really can't see between the lines there then you're being naive no?
Why on earth would Kevin quote me then give such a response to my remark if it's obviously not Libpool? Maybe I'm sick of always being 'that city', and even though I had that sinking feeling of guessing where was meant in the original post, I'd feel the same had it been any city.

Would it be acceptable if I said, for example, 'oh we were in a restaurant and there was a certain race of people being very loud and rude'?

Sorry for the rant by the way 2Tiggies, I'm honestly not having a go at anyone here :)

:goodvibes

Why on earth would Kevin quote me then give such a response to my remark if it's obviously not Libpool? Maybe I'm sick of always being 'that city', and even though I had that sinking feeling of guessing where was meant in the original post, I'd feel the same had it been any city.

Would it be acceptable if I said, for example, 'oh we were in a restaurant and there was a certain race of people being very loud and rude'?

Sorry for the rant by the way 2Tiggies, I'm honestly not having a go at anyone here :)

That's okay. One thing you're obviously right about is that I am a bit naive. :goodvibes I really thought you guys were having some friendly banter between yourselves. I have never thought of any city as "that city" and again, being naive I suppose, I'm not entirely sure what it means. Sorry, I should apologise to both of you and for the sake of the thread. I was having a good chuckle at the recent posts and probably instigated a bit of rivalry here. I really didn't mean to. :guilty:

That's okay. One thing you're obviously right about is that I am a bit naive. :goodvibes I really thought you guys were having some friendly banter between yourselves. I have never thought of any city as "that city" and again, being naive I suppose, I'm not entirely sure what it means. Sorry, I should apologise to both of you and for the sake of the thread. I was having a good chuckle at the recent posts and probably instigated a bit of rivalry here. I really didn't mean to. :guilty:

No need to apologise. As far as I am concerned, there is no rivalry. Was just posting what I remembered.

Life's too short. Keep laughing.

Maybe I'm sick of always being 'that city', and even though I had that sinking feeling of guessing where was meant in the original post, I'd feel the same had it been any city.

I understand what you mean Luke. Your city certainly does get a lot of stick (not least from my fellow Mancunians! :rolleyes:). Don't worry about it. :goodvibes

I understand what you mean Luke. Your city certainly does get a lot of stick (not least from my fellow Mancunians! :rolleyes:). Don't worry about it. :goodvibes

:lmao: that's understable, the giving of stick is probably mutual. I actualy do think there's a grudging respect between the two cities, even if few people will admit it :lmao:

Anyway, just keep swimming! (two weeks exactly til the summer holidays :) )

:lmao: So subtle Kevin! :rotfl2:

Let me guess. "Ey, ey calm down. Calm Down"? or some other tired, boring old Harry Enfield stereotype?

To be honest I don't know why Kevin didn't you just come out and say LIVERPOOL? He might as well have.

What is the need to even mention "a certain UK city" or is everyone from Nottingham an absolute angel.:rotfl:

In my 20+ visits to Orlando I have seen bad behaviour from people all over the UK.

It is out of order to accuse one section of people.

As for my worst dining experience. It has to be Le Cellier. Again so much hype and so little substance.

We walked in to CiCi's pizza .... and walked straight back out!

Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck!!! It smelled awful, the pizza we could see looked disgusting and it seemed like people were literally RUNNING up to the buffet when the new pizzas were brought out, like a bunch of wild animals. Have nothing against overweight people but the kind of clientele in CiCi's was not somewhere you'd want to enjoy a meal. Disgusting place.

Always liked the look of Cici's for some reason, sounds like I was lucky not to have bothered eating there :)

Always liked the look of Cici's for some reason, sounds like I was lucky not to have bothered eating there :)

Are we back on topic? good, save me closing the thread:rotfl2:

Not been in CiCis for years, but myself and Matt enjoyed it, Karen didn't. We paid $16 for 3 of us incl sodas. If you like pizza try it, you never know. Just like chaffordred won't go back to Le Cellier, it was the 1st place we re-booked for his year you have to try everywhere for yourself and not listen to others, we all like different things.

Just like chaffordred won't go back to Le Cellier, it was the 1st place we re-booked for his year you have to try everywhere for yourself and not listen to others, we all like different things.

Exactly! If I'd listened to all the horrific reviews of Hollwood & Vine, I'd never have eaten there. I decided to judge for myself and I'm booked to go for the third time next month. :)

We have Le Cellier booked for a lunch, seeing as I'm fussy and will only get a burger hopefully they can't mess that up!

Sorry for the outburst Wayne, I did try to ignore it but sometimes I have an itchy finger on the 'post' button :(

It is out of order to accuse one section of people.

As for my worst dining experience. It has to be Le Cellier. Again so much hype and so little substance.

Sorry to go OT again but this is so true, we met an awful family (very uncaring about disabled kids :sad2: - their comments made me feel sick) and they said where they came from but we also know people from the same place who are total opposites. You'd probably find on one street you'll get the best and worst of people.
The generalisations about Brits being renowned as bad tippers annoys me too so I try and avoid generalisations.

It seems like Le Cellier is either loved or hated almost! I enjoyed it - wasn't the worst food/service ever but definately did not live up to the hype. I'm glad you haven't had any worse experiences :goodvibes

Are we back on topic? good, save me closing the thread:rotfl2:

Not been in CiCis for years, but myself and Matt enjoyed it, Karen didn't. We paid $16 for 3 of us incl sodas. If you like pizza try it, you never know. Just like chaffordred won't go back to Le Cellier, it was the 1st place we re-booked for his year you have to try everywhere for yourself and not listen to others, we all like different things.

I hope you enjoy it Wayne, just don't expect it to be 'THE' meal :thumbsup2

I hope you enjoy it Wayne, just don't expect it to be 'THE' meal :thumbsup2

We ate at Le Cellier last year, this year will be our 2nd visit. It did live up to the hype for us, we are trying not to repeat places this year but Le Cellier is one we are. It was Cali Grill that was biggest disappointment for us, probably our worst dining experience onsite. Biggest suprise was Tutto Italia, bad reviews but we all loved it and another we are going back to this year.

The generalisations about Brits being renowned as bad tippers annoys me too so I try and avoid generalisations.

This is probably my biggest pet peeve.
After working with Americans for the last 4 years I have had countless discussions with them on the whole tipping theme, covering all arguments (most of the time I was happy to sit back and listen and I was amazed at their opinion of the whole tipping culture - but thats not for here :goodvibes)
Whenever I told them what we tipped when on holiday they were genuinely gobsmacked. Far from us being bad tippers Brits are actually one of the better ones.

Luke, lighten up my friend.

I have nothing against your fair city. Infact I was at Hilsborough at the disaster that day and have spent numerous hours making statements etc exonerating Liverpool fans from any blame that day.

We were in the nose of the plane and everyone other than my family were dressed in Liverpool football tops and were being obnoxious. If this was after 9/11 they wouldn't have been able to fly. I'm sorry but that is fact, doesn't mean I have anything against the city.

It was more about why even mention it tho? What does it matter where they're from? You could just have said there were rude people up there, not the little bit about 'from a certain city'!

I do appreciate what you say about the events of 89 though, I had family there (I was 7 at the time) and it still hurts now, so I find it very kind that you try to set things straight :)

On topic, and Wayne won't like this, but our only really poor meal has been at Chilis (was the one on the 192) - slow, inattentive service and a meal that was on the underside of average :(

Offsite - Ci-Ci's Pizza
Terrible food, terrible atmosphere and left feeling in need of shower. Most of the tables around us were full of really big (and I'm not exactly small myself :goodvibes) people, and I mean entire families of them, that had a lookout for when they brought new pizzas out. It was then a race between them and tghe family next to them as to who would get there first. Most of the time one of them went up and just took everything that was there and brought it back for the rest of the family.
In the end we decided that the food really wasn't worth fighting for so just sat back and enjoyed the show popcorn::

I love Ci-Ci's. Yes, it's not the most glamorous surroundings and the clientèle are "colourful" but that makes it fun! The pizzas are plentiful and the cinnamon buns are delicious.

The problem with threads like this is that it's personal opinion and everyone has different expectations and tastes.

I'm going to try this restaurant when we go in August. http://www.nile07.com/index.html NILE Ethiopian Restaurant, it sounds different.

I love Ci-Ci's. Yes, it's not the most glamorous surroundings and the clientèle are "colourful" but that makes it fun! The pizzas are plentiful and the cinnamon buns are delicious.

The problem with threads like this is that it's personal opinion and everyone has different expectations and tastes.

If only it was just the clientele, surroundings, cleanliness and staff (though that was enough to put me off). The pizzas may be plentiful but they were by far the most foul tasting garbage I have ever polluted my mouth with. Soggy bases, some strange orange stuff squirted all over them that tasted like liquified chillis and a serious shortage of mozzarella.
You're right that everyone has different expectations and tastes. Mine isn't for Ci-Cis pizza :sick:

If only it was just the clientele, surroundings, cleanliness and staff (though that was enough to put me off). The pizzas may be plentiful but they were by far the most foul tasting garbage I have ever polluted my mouth with. Soggy bases, some strange orange stuff squirted all over them that tasted like liquified chillis and a serious shortage of mozzarella.
You're right that everyone has different expectations and tastes. Mine isn't for Ci-Cis pizza :sick:

Which did you goto Kenny? I know its a few years ago now, we went to the one at LBV a few days after opening, but the pizza we had there was as good as any other in the area.
I wonder if they have all gone downhill or you went to a bad location, personally I couldn't fault it, Karen didn't enjoy but she hardly ever enjoys pizza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter