DH made big boo boo this morning

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
Our financial planner is going to put our investments in a different type of acct
In order to do this he needed our DL he said just to take a pic and text it to him

So DH and his fat fingers hit 2 numbers as part of the area code and of course the wrong one is the one that went through and DH didn’t catch it until it was too late
So now our DL is sitting who knows where
So our FP suggested life lock. So we got signed up with them right away
Also we called the number and it didn’t ring just made a noise. So at least no one answered
Then I went on a phone number look up which came back they couldn’t find the number so hopefully it’s just a dead number
But at least life lock is watching
Is there anything else we should be doing

Texting isn't a secure method of sending information anyway, even if it went to the correct recipient. I would be careful with that.

Life Lock? Take control of your own security. Report the drivers license potentially stolen and take the steps needed to get a new one with a new number with your dmv.

And don't ever text your personal information to anyone again. Financial Advisors should have secure systems set up for that sort thing, not send me a text message. Like, yikes...

Oof, that's unnerving. Maybe let your financial planner and CPA know if you have them, I wonder if you can notify the IRS? Our old CPA was hacked a few years back, we found out when the Feds let the CPA know, who let us know so that was a lot of fun.

I have Discover, the card keeps track of my scores and the Identity theft watches for blips for $15 a month.

You should be able to check here too https://www.annualcreditreport.com/...8*MTcxMTU3MzE3OC4xLjAuMTcxMTU3MzE3OC42MC4wLjA.

Maybe check if your homeowners covers Identity theft.

I guess I would also call the banks and ask to change all the bank account numbers if they can.

Oof, that's unnerving. Maybe let your financial planner and CPA know if you have them, I wonder if you can notify the IRS? Our old CPA was hacked a few years back, we found out when the Feds let the CPA know, who let us know so that was a lot of fun.

I have Discover, the card keeps track of my scores and the Identity theft watches for blips for $15 a month.

You should be able to check here too https://www.annualcreditreport.com/...8*MTcxMTU3MzE3OC4xLjAuMTcxMTU3MzE3OC42MC4wLjA.

Maybe check if your homeowners covers Identity theft.

I guess I would also call the banks and ask to change all the bank account numbers if they can.
That all seems very extreme. If they get the license number changed there won't be much of an identity to steal.

Just a reminder that -

1) All your bank accounts and important accounts should have two factor authentication anyway.
2) The three credit bureaus should all have Credit Freeze in place. You can "thaw" them for a couple days if car shopping for example.
3) Be careful about predictable passwords and how/where you store them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter