DH says NO to unofficial guide!

We have both the unoffical and the offical guide and use both of them. Both are a 2001 and most of the information is still relavent. What has changed I get the information on the internet, both this site and others. I have check out the 2003 unoffical guide from the library and it had only a few changes from the 2001 one. My advice is to take any book with a graiin of salt.

Jordan's mom

Grain of salt...dining reviews....get it? At least we've not lost our collective sense of humor.

You know who has good cheeseburgers? The Concourse Steakhouse. Mmmmmm.

Len

Originally posted by EsmeraldaX
I am a boring eater. There. I said it. I like burgers, chicken fingers, spaghetti, fries and such. I find that *most* guides, Disney and non, tend to put down the so called "boring" food and give praise to "exciting, innovative cuisine".

I hate "exciting , innovative cuisine". Maybe I'm missing out , but if it doesn't taste good to me, I'm not going to eat it.

That sums up what I was trying to say earlier (but failed). My idea of "good presentation" is enough room on the plate for the burger, fries AND ketchup; not raspberry sauce swirled in a pinwheel while the green beans are woven together like a raft. ;)

And I'd rather a guide book be too harsh, so I'm pleasantly surprised, than overly optimistic so I'm disappointed.

My 2 cents... we bought the 2004 guide this weekend. Borders had a ton of them in stock.

Personaly, if you are looking for an objective review, the restaurant guides are worthless. Only time we look at them is to see where a particular place is located. I find that this guide pretty much bashes every restaurant out there -- if it isn't the food that is bad, the prices are too high, if the prices aren't too high, the place is too noisy... you get the picture. Geesh!

The yucky bread for starters. What is wrong with plain, white sandwich bread? Glad they've lost the sandwiches. Maybe they can do desserts.
Thumbs up: Chicken parmesan at Music, chicken tenders at Electric Umbrella in Epcot.
I bought the 2000 version for our last trip and laughed at his craziness. We don't "eat big" anywhere, so I don't have to worry about his upper-crust reviews. Couldn't decide between 2003 version or a Passporter for this next trip, but I decided to try something new and got the Passporter. Melanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter