• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We went yesterday morning and had a great time! It took about 15 minutes to walk over from the Dolphin. They checked out magic bands with the iPads and then we got our wrist bands. We were let in around 7:20 AM and in Toy Story Land by 7:25. Side note: they were not signing people up for Jedi Training when we entered. We were able to ride Midway mania twice, alien swirling saucers once, and slinky dog 5 times. We could have ridden it more, but we were starting to feel a smidge nauseated. We also had taken some time to chat with Tim and Jen Tracker, so that took some ride time away. They were making people get off of the rides and walk around to get on again. I saw one woman throw an absolute tantrum about this in front of her children on Midway Mania, and they did let her load into the ride again from the exit side. Saw a couple try to do this later and get told that they couldn’t. Park guests started streaming in around 8:45, as we were walking to breakfast. They had multiple cold buffets set up around the commissary, and you went to the counter to get anything hot. I had the chicken and donut, which was delicious despite what Kenny the Pirate said. I hate sweet potatoes, but really liked the sweet potato tots. My husband had the Mexican bowl dish and the avocado toast and said they were both fantastic. They had coffee, orange juice, apple juice, and water on the buffets. If you wanted soda or something different you had to get it at the counter with the hot food. We were on our way out of the park and headed to Epcot by 9:20.

Overall I would totally do this again! It was a really great time!

I will try and upload some pictures after work today!

So if I am reading this right are you saying that the "entrees" are all set out buffet style and you can take what you want, even a second or different one?

So if I am reading this right are you saying that the "entrees" are all set out buffet style and you can take what you want, even a second or different one?
No, you get the entrees at the counter, where you would normally get your food at the commissary. There were buffets out for the “cold” items. The pastries, yogurt, fruit, etc. you can ask for as many entrees as you want at a time, or go up as many times as you want.

Fair enough. I was speaking to their menu and their description of "fried chicken." It's the same chicken tenders that you can get anywhere else in Disney World and there are no waffles. It's sweet potato things, chives and a croissant. When I think fried chicken, I think chicken on the bone. That's why I was a bit surprised when I saw the tenders.

Anyway, this is how we do chicken and waffles but to each their own.

800px-Chicken_and_Waffles_201_-_Evan_Swigart.jpg
This is what traditional chicken and waffles looks like here in Alabama as well with bone in chicken. I was born in Florida and went back to work there for many years and bone in chicken was the norm there as well. Chicken fingers are not traditionaly served with a sweet component like waffles or cronuts here, but doesn't make any difference to me it still looks great! Of course being being born and raised in the south I love grits, but not shrimp and grits that is weird to me, but some of my family members love it. Maybe if you can get as many entrees as you want I can get me some grits, no shrimp, and some chicken fingers and cronuts! I appreciate the varied menu Disney is giving us with this event.

Last edited:
I'm so excited for this!! Does anyone have an opinion whether they think it will be offered the Monday after the Princess Half (February 25th)? Also, interested on experiences with the character meet lines.

So I sent an email to guest services just basically saying, what's up with the two time slots. And I got a reasonable response back -

Dear Katherine,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We are so excited to hear you are looking to visit us for our Early Morning Magic and Toy Story land in Disney's Hollywood Studios®.

As for the change from 7:00 A.M. to 7:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, based on capacity, breakfast for Early Morning Magic may be available as early as 7:00 AM.

So, on the select days, this is offered the capacity of the event is why.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website. Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

It would seem that simple email that says "your event sold out, come at 7:00 a.m. for breakfast" would have been an easier way to manage it rather than opening up a whole other time slot but it's Disney after all.

So I sent an email to guest services just basically saying, what's up with the two time slots. And I got a reasonable response back -

Dear Katherine,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We are so excited to hear you are looking to visit us for our Early Morning Magic and Toy Story land in Disney's Hollywood Studios®.

As for the change from 7:00 A.M. to 7:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, based on capacity, breakfast for Early Morning Magic may be available as early as 7:00 AM.

So, on the select days, this is offered the capacity of the event is why.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website. Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

It would seem that simple email that says "your event sold out, come at 7:00 a.m. for breakfast" would have been an easier way to manage it rather than opening up a whole other time slot but it's Disney after all.

I'm glad they got back to you, but i find that answer very hard to read and interpret. The time change wasn't from 7:00 to 7:30, it was the other way around. The third and fourth sentences, which also happen to be the third and fourth paragraphs, don't really make sense the way they are written, we have to decipher them. I'm not someone who gets too worked up about grammar and sentence structure, but those just aren't correct! maybe it was written by someone with english as a second language? It just reads poorly, and for me didn't really clear anything up. However, after hearing about how the first day went, I'm feeling better that they are just going to let everyone in at once to eat at 7:00 and the rides won't open until 7:30. I'm still going to try to be there a little before 7:00 even with my 7:30 time slot, but I'm less worried about the 7:00 people somehow having an advantage, and I don't care about getting to eat first. In addition, there are now days with a 7:00 slot before my 10/29 date, so I'll get to see what happens then. My assumption is that they opened up more slots, hopefully that won't be enough to mess with wait times during the event, and they don't want to come right out and say that. Why they didn't just do that under the 7:30 time slot makes no sense to me, but I'm not in IT.

Man. They really need to do some QA on their CS reps. Email responses are always almost impossible to decipher whenever it's not just a macro response.

I watched the Tim Tracker review on YouTube, and it looks really fun. My only, very minor, issue is that the line seemed pretty long to meet Woody and Jessie. I personally don’t care about meeting them, but I wonder whether meeting the characters will be the bottleneck. I do want to meet Buzz, so I guess we just need to do that early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter