Diaper Disposal ?

AnnaE4

Mouseketeer
We are leaving in 4 days! We are staying at WL and AKL and taking our 14 month old DD for the first time.

What do you do with used diapers? I bought some diaper disposal bags. The box says they are scented to neutralize odors. Has anyone used something like this and do they work? My DH wants to carry the Diaper Genie with us but I think he's nuts!

Denise (Well, November is finally here! 4 more days!)

I've used those bags, they work well.

Where did you buy the bags...I can't find them but I didn't try toys r us yet...

we leave in 7 days yeah for WL and BC....

We used a Diaper Genie 8 yrs ago when they were still only sold in catalogs. Aren't they wonderful? You probably can get by with your bags. It's nice that you are being so considerate of the housekeeping staff.

What I do, because i"m not a diaper genie fan, is I use ziploc bags. They work GREAT and seal off any odors. It's just so convient, take off the dirty diaper, put it in the ziploc and poof, it's gone in the regular trash!!!

Hi!
We are going to WL with our 14 month old DD at the end of Nov! I plan on using the disposable diaper bags. We've used them before on a week long trip and they worked great. I just tied the dirty diaper in there and tossed it into the trash. No smell! A lot easier than taking your Diaper GEnie! I got ours at Target and have seen them at Wal-Mart and other baby stores. Have a great trip!

I'm glad to hear that these disposable bags really do work! I bought these at the local dollar store. What a find! Some of those diapers are real stinkers! LOL

Thanks for the responses! I'll let you know how they work!

Denise

Those bags sound great! One our vacation last month I just used zip locs or little supermarket produce bags. I don't think it matters much, as long as they can be tied or sealed.

When my kids were small I always saved the bags the newspapers come in and just knotted the ends. Do not pack the Diaper Genie! Also can't you just take them outside your room and run them to the dumpster? When we stayed at POR I thought I remembered seeing dumpsters in the parking lot, but maybe that was for construction only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter