did the dis hire BigFatPanda?

What happened to the guy that cooks from the hotel rooms? I would love to see him do something with just the coffee pot & the iron. Soup and a Panini maybe.

My guess is he was overwhelmed with baking orders and simply doesn't have the time now.

At least I hope that's the reason. Panda asked me on a cruise what I thought of Ben and I said I like him but I don't care for the show because I don't really want to cook while on vacation. And there hasn't been one of those shows since.

My guess is he was overwhelmed with baking orders and simply doesn't have the time now.

At least I hope that's the reason. Panda asked me on a cruise what I thought of Ben and I said I like him but I don't care for the show because I don't really want to cook while on vacation. And there hasn't been one of those shows since.

…you got Ben fired :(

What happened with the guy that was at Universal with Pete? They were in line to get an AP and Pete said that he was joining the team. This was last summer

I loved the episodes of Ben cooking. I would NEVER do that on vacation, but would consider trying some of the recipes at home.

I loved the episodes of Ben cooking. I would NEVER do that on vacation, but would consider trying some of the recipes at home.
I agree - I always enjoyed Ben's cooking videos. And it wasn't just "some dude cooking in his hotel rom" - it was someone who cooks/bakes for a living making DISNEY recipes (all the ones I saw were Disney) recipes in a HOME AWAY FROM HOME resort, as the DV's used to be marketed (not sure if that's still true). I also have cooked, and baked, when I stayed at DVC resorts, as have a LOT of people I know, and have seen. That's a big part of owning for a lot of folks, to feel more "at home", and possibly even keep costs down a bit by cooking instead of always eating out.

Maybe Ben didn't have the most shining video presence ever (not being mean, just being factual - not everyone does), but I admired his willingness to do it, his research of recipes, prep, and practicing his craft.
All just IMHO, of course. I hope he's out there, doing well, at whatever that might be.

Last edited:
I hope he sticks around as he has a very nice disposition. He would be a positive addition if that's what they decide to do in my opinion.
I agree. He seems very approachable. I absolutely enjoy the podcasts. It's all I listen to on my commute:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter