• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Did you honeymoon in WDW???

Count us in too. We spent our honeymoon (June 1996) at POFQ...which was just PO at the time. We have been back to WDW several times (honeymoon was DH's first WDW trip) - and have been at POFQ as recently as last week! Loved it - although, the nice part now is that we don't have to go from the crack of dawn until midnight anymore. We take a more leisurely approach.

We bought a brick on our honeymoon that we visit each time we go to MK. Such great memories of our honeymoon there...including the first time someone call me "Mrs"...kinda cool.

March 1994 Honeymoon.... Grand Floridian. It was absolutely perfect. Of course now we have kids and we only pass by the GF on the monorail.

We honeymooned there in September, 1994!

Hubby had never been there so there was NO choice in where we were going! LOL!

We stayed at OKW and haven't found a better jacuzzi tub or balcony anywhere!

Yep! We honeymooned in '99 at WL and loved it! That was my first time back since the 80's. We have since been back 3 times, 2 of which were at WL again, and going again this summer. Of course, we always go during our Anniversary!!!! What great memories!!!! :love:

DH and I honeymooned at WDW in 2002. We spent the week at Orange Lake Country Club. We loved it so much (the first time either of us had been there since we were kids) that we went back for our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd anniversary and threw a spring break and winter trip (to run the marathon) in there too! We, of course, have stayed at Disney for the rest of the trips--we will not do offsite again! :sunny:

:thumbsup2 We honeymooned at Port Orleans Resort (as it was called) in 1994 and have been back to that resort 3 times in our trips back to the world! :sunny: DH said then that we should just find jobs there and move there while we were honeymooning. Unfortunately we came home. Now we both think of the possibilities of doing that . . . ;)

We did in June 1996. We stayed at the Dolphin and haven't been back since. We're going in May to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and WE ARE STAYING AT THE DOLPHIN! YAY! ! :cool1: I'm so excited!
I wish I knew then half of what I know now about Disney World when we honeymooned there.

We had ours in October 1999 for ten action packed, fun-filled days--stayed at the Allstars (music) as it was a wedding gift.
So many memories!

One mistake we made; we brought along our wedding cards, many unopened, and as a result, got a little too friendly with the many shops about the world-but had enough resolve to keep some $$ for saving.

Have gone back for a few trips, some special--our 5th anniversary and my 30th birthday, dh's b-day celebration at the end of May. Disney really knows how to spoil you on special occasions :love:

Honeymooned at the Poly in May of 1986. Numerous trips since with the kids. DH and I will be back this May to celebrate 20 magical years this time at the Boardwalk!

In May 2002, we honeymooned at WDW for a week. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort and haven't stayed there since. The food court was a ways away. We weren't happy with the bus system and the distance to the parks, so we've stayed at the Beach Club and BoardWalk Inn instead. And at the BoardWalk Villas this September.

WOOOO! Takin' the wife the day after the wedding! May 15-21 and she's never been....only thing in our way now are finals lol. :cool1:

We got married in July 1999. We wanted to go to Disney for our honeymoon, but didn't want to go in the summer so we delayed it until September. We had a WONDERFUL honeymoon! We bought into DVC on it and I got pregnant there!!! DD is going to be 6 in June and has been to Disney 12 times!!!!

My husband and I got annual passes a year ago. We went all the time. So it made sense to go for our honeymoon. We drove up the night of our wedding and stayed for a few days. We had lots of fun, we walked around with the minnie veil, and Mickey top hat. We got lots of attention. We got free deserts at restraunts. We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, but it was too noisy, so we switched the second night to Port Orleans Riverside. We got married Feb 4th, 2006.
Lauren

And we did! We got married at the Polynesian on November 15 last year, our "honeymoon" started the day after at the Animal Kingdom for 8 days - we'd been staying offsite for 2 weeks before the wedding :)

We're all booked up for our first anniversary trip this year too :woohoo:

We honeymooned at WDW in early December 1997. It was a great because all of the Christmas decorations were up, but the crowds were way down! We were able to walk on a lot of rides. We stayed at Port Orleans and it was wonderful too. Our favorite thing to do was resort-hop and check out each resort's Christmas decorations, especially their gingerbread houses which were incredible. I would like to go back at Christmas, but would have to take DS out of school to avoid the crowds. Oh well, I can dream, isn't that what Disney is all about??

November 21-30, 2004. 10 days/ 9 nights at the Wilderness Lodge. EVERYTHING was perfect- most definitely our best trip to date. To those of you yet to go--- wear the bride and groom Minnie/ Mickey ears. Lots of attention, and lots of freebies. The magic was everywhere!

Engaged at POFQ 1998
Honeymoon GF / Disney's Vero Beach 1999

Many additional visits.

We were engaged at the Poly Luau in May, 1978.
I wanted a long engagement BUT started trying to get ressies at the Poly (lagoon front, view of the castle of course) right after we returned from our May trip...It was booked 18 months out!!!! I tried right up until our wedding day, July 14, 1979 with no luck.

We planned a 3 week honeymoon to the Carribean, but spent one day repeating vows to MIL who was in a nursing home and one day stop in DisneyWorld with our best friends.....We had a treehouse condo reserved for that night BUT I wanted to stop by the Poly for celebritory drinks. I made an excuse to go to the front desk at about 6pm and just check one more time for a room. There was a little boy in front of me and.....you might not believe this, but it is true....the CM told him that yes, they had a room, garden view, and it was the LAST ROOM AVAILABLE . More importantly, they told him that they couldn't 'hold it' for him without a credit card and his parents who weren't there?????? So, I gently told the kid about the wonders of the campground as I slid out my credit card and gave it to the CM. I told her we were on our honeymoon and that we had gotten engaged at the Poly and that it was very important to me that we spend the night there. She smiled.
I asked if they could transfer our bags for us from the Treehouse (where we hadn't yet checked in) to the Poly and she said of course. Then she said: room for 2 right? and I had to say...no FOUR. I got a very funny look....but hey, it was the last room!

We went back to Disney every year or two thereafter. Our child 'grew up' with Disney, tho she isn't quite as enamored of it as me. I wanted our 20th anniversary to be special and hoped H would plan a trip to Disney...but he didn't. That was the beginning of the end of our magic together, tho I didn't know it. I sort of 'strongly suggested' that we should go to Disney that year (for our 20th) and I had a brick put in at the wedding pavillion, but H just wasn't into it. And now, 5 years later I know why....he was planning a divorce.

This is so very sad, because I 'd like to think that marriages consummated at Disney World might retain pixie dust to get through the hard times. And it plays havoc with my going to Disney...tho after the divorce I bought a Vacation Home at the BWV, since I didn't think I could face going to the Poly.
I am busy making new happy memories now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter