• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Did you honeymoon in WDW???

LSUmom4kids

LSU Graduate and Mother to 4 Kids!
I thought it would be interesting to see how many people on this board had their honeymoon in Walt Disney World?

My sister, brother and I have all had our honeymoons in Walt Disney World! :bride:

Did you? If so, where did you stay and have you stayed there again since?

My honeymoon was 1/2 Disney Cruise and 1/2 at Carribean Beach Resort in 1991. Our upcoming trip will be our first trip back since then!!! :)

:wave: We did in Oct 2005, stayed 8 nights @ POFQ. We LOVED our Disney honeymoon!! Going back Easter Week!!! :banana:

...or how many honeymoons did you have @ WDW? :blush:

Fortunate to be DVC'ers, we're lifers now.;)

We did! November 1997 at the CSR. It was very quiet and romantic. We have been back with the kids-2002 and 2004- and are trying to stay in different resorts each time.

We did! '99 offsite (too poor for onsite). We did a 4 day cruise (not Disney Cruise) to the Bahamas and 3 days at Disney. Since we didn't get enough of Disney that trip, we went back in '01 for a full week, still offsite. We just went back 2 weeks ago with our two daughters (3 and 1) and had a blast.

Anyway, we loved our Disney honeymoon!!!

We did too. It was 1988 and we were both 21. My DH said he was taking me on a trip around the world, so he took me to Epcot! :goodvibes I was ok with that! We stayed off site somewhere, we were too poor also. :cool1:

I honeymooned there after my first marriage. That was 13 years ago, and I was an 18 year old bride! Needless to say our marriage did not last.

I stayed at CBR, and other than that I don't really remember all that much, expect that I recall getting sick of the food in the food court rather quickly, the bus took forever and we got horribly ill the day before we left to come home. Hmmmm.... looking back, maybe that was a sign of things to come? :rotfl:

Anyway...it didn't dampen my love for Disney. In fact me and the kids (see-something good came from the marriage!) are headed down in May, and I can't wait!! :banana:

DH & I honeymooned October 1980 in WDW. The only Park they had was the MAGIC KINGDOM and off in the distance you could see EPCOT and Spaceship Earth underconstruction. We stayed in the Contemporary Hotel and I do not think there were all that many hotels to choose from. Our other pick was the Polyinesian and that was BOOKED SOLID for the week we wanted.

IT WAS A FABULOUS TIME and the start of many more trips to WDW!!!! :love: :love:

We sure did nearly ten years ago. My husband thought I was crazy :crazy: for booking such a thing. :furious: In fact, he was very mad at me for nearly 4 months about it. However, once we drove up the establishment his whole demeanor changed. :rolleyes1 We stay at the Villas at Disney Institute. This is now the new Saratoga DVC place. Later, that summer we went to Aruba for Honeymoon part II, he made the comment that he enjoyed Disney better. Go figure. :lmao: We go every year sometimes 3-5 times a year.

He's almost a convert. He basically goes to appease me. :thumbsup2

We sure did! We honeymooned at the Grand Floridian on the Grand Plan back in October of 1990. We've been blessed to be back many times since and now that we own DVC will be back many times in the future as well.

We did! 1996, 10 days at the Beach Club. We haven't stayed there since, but we would and will stay there again in the future!

We stayed at the DoubleTree in DTD for our honeymoon in 98. We've been three time since, POP, POR and some horrible place in Kissimmee. We're also planning an early December trip.

We also honeymooned at WDW in 1994 and stayed at what was then called Dixie Landings (now POR). We stayed in the mansions and thought they were so beautiful. It was DH's first trip ever to WDW. We had a wonderful time and met several other honeymooners. We didn't go back to WDW till after DD was born in 2000. We thought it was the perfect family vacation spot and bought DVC at BWV. We haven't been back to stay at DL, but I'm sure someday we will for a short stay, however we love our DVC accomadations so much more. :)

Our honeymoon was in 1986 and we were at the Buena Vista Palace. The only on-site hotels were the Poly, Contemporary, Golf Resort and Ft. Wilderness.

We'll be celebrating our 20th anniversary at the Dolphin in September!!

We did in AUgust 2001, stayed offsite at a timeshare trade (my parents couldn't get their timeshare home for the week so they got us in somewhere else). It was a lot of fun, we are heading back in August for our 5th aniversery and plan to be back in 2011 for our 10th aniversery as well.

We honeymooned in Orlando June 2005 but we stayed at the Sheraton World on I-Drive and we loved it. Of course we'd love to stay at a Disney resort but money won't allow it and as we don't drive over there it's easier to get to other places from I-Drive!

:banana: :cheer2: DLP on monday, I'm so excited :cheer2: :woohoo:

I honeymooned there this past fall and the 14th floor Contemporary. We went again for valentines day. My dh had never been there until we met and had been engaged, but he loves it now!

We had our honeymoon 6 yrs ago @ WDW and stayed at ASMO. We also had my inlaws, and bestfriends join us. We had a blast and have been going back ever since. I would like to do our 10th there or maybe renew our vows, etc. Oh, our honeymoon week was May 8th and the weather was awesome!

Cplofdisneynutz said:
:wave: We did in Oct 2005, stayed 8 nights @ POFQ. We LOVED our Disney honeymoon!! Going back Easter Week!!! :banana:

I saw your pictures, some of them, I saw it said professional honeymoon pictures... Who did them and how did you get to do it?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter