Did you honeymoon in WDW???

:wave2: We did, back in October of 1993. It was my very first trip to Disney ever!! We stayed at the Holiday Inn Maingate East, because back then, we didn't have a pot to pee in, and we needed to go CHEAP. Would I stay there again? NEVER. I don't even know if it's still around, to be honest!

I'm not opposed to staying off-site, but I'd never stay THERE again!

We were married April 1980, and honeymooned in the Clearwater, Fla area. We drove to Disney and spent one night in the Contemporary, and 2 days in Magic Kingdom. That was the only park open at that time, and we had a blast! :goodvibes

Last year we celebrated our 25th anniversary at WDW, stayed at CS and had dinner at Cali Grill. We spent more on dinner that night than our room cost back in 1980. One night at the Contemporary (with no discount!) was $68. :scared1:

LSUmom4kids said:
Did you? If so, where did you stay and have you stayed there again since?

Yep we did:) We stayed at Boardwalk Villas and we will be staying there again this year.

I can't wait to go back, Disney is a wonderful honeymoon destination. :cool1:

Yes, we "honeymooned" at Disneyworld in 1980 where we stayed off sight at the Buena Vista Hotel...it was wonderful! we were both in the Navy at the time and we actually got married in march but didn't get a honeymoon until October due to our orders. It was a tough time for us but 26 years later we are still happy and taking our kids (13,13 and 19) back for their 3rd time, our 7th! (kind of a late bloomer... :rolleyes1 if their is a way, we will always go back!

We honeymooned for 11 nights off-site at the Double Tree Suites. My DH had never been there before. We had a blast. We've been back every year since 2000. Our next trip is scheduled for this October.

we honeymooned at WDW in April 2003. we stayed at the WL Club level and were hooked. We stayed there again a couple of years later, and still its our favoirite. now we are getting more adventurous and trying other resorts. We like many of those as well, but the WL is still our favorite!!!!

We honeymooned WDW in 1998 and stayed at Dixie Landings, which is now PO Riverside - it was my DH's first trip to WDW, he's never even been to florida before our honeymoon, and we've been back almost every year now. I've turned him into a disney lover even though he would never admit to it! :teeth:

Count me in too!! I honeymooned there in 1997 at Shades of Green. Now that I'm doing research on line for this trip, I realize how much of Disney I missed the first time.

We honeymooned at Disneyworld and stayed in the Quality High-Q on International Drive across from Wet-n-Wild. I'm not sure if it is even still there. But I would never have stayed there again anyway it was awful.

We honeymooned in April 1997 at the WL. My DH surprised me with the trip. I thought we were going somewhere else and he told me 2 wks before we got married that we were going to DW. It was wonderful! :love:
We also went back for our 5 yr anniversary and we will be going down to Orlando for a work conference during our 9th anniversary, but we do plan a one day trip to Epcot..just the two of us! :woohoo:

I honeymooned at the Contemporary Resort (tower room, park view) in September of 1973 :hippie: . There was one park and three hotels, and it was about two weeks before WDW's second anniversary. I went back one more time a few years later with that husband (now an ex-husband). I've been to WDW, DLR, and DLRP many times with my present husband, and last year we bought into DVC.

We stayed at Coronado Springs for our honeymoon in 1998. We have gone back many times since :cheer2: - although we haven't stayed at Coronado since. Each visit is so different and it keeps getting better and better!

DH and I spent our Honeymoon at Disney Sept 2005....stayed at Pop Century..our first trip back will be this May....doing a split stay at All Star Music and Port Orleans Riverside...followed by our Sept 06 trip staying at All Star Movies...then 2 trips in 2007....I am trying to stay someplace different every time we go....

We did in November of 2000!

We were here for 10 days first www.biras.com this is also where we got married. We then went straight to WDW and stayed at the GF in a honeymoon suite in the main building for 6 days. It was just perfect! We go back to both places often and it just gets better all the time. It was the right combo sublime to the :crazy:

We honeymooned in WDW too! November 1998 at the Yacht Club, it was magical!! So much so, that after we had our DD and DS, we bought into DVC at the BCV to be able to go annually and celebrate our anniversary! We did stay at the YC last December (as well as the AKL and WL) because we had used all of our DVC points to take family the previous year, so we tried to fit as many resorts in as possible! Oh, and DH was skeptical about a WDW honeymoon too, but ended up a 100% Disney convert! :love:

We honeymooded at WDW in July of '94...roughly a week or so after the World Cup in the US ended which meant there were Brazilian tour groups EVERYWHERE...all high on their World Cup victory. :)

We stayed off-site that trip, and that's the last time we stayed off-site. Where we messed up was we didn't make a return trip until 2002. Since then it's been once or twice a year.

We honeymooned in June 2000. We stayed at Dixie Landings (now PORS). We have been back 4 times since then and are planning a trip for this September. I can't wait! :cheer2:

We did - just this past Oct 2005. It feels so long ago, and I can't believe how badly we want to go back already! I'm trying desperately to save up enough $$ to try and go again this Dec....

We honeymooned in August 1989 at the CBR. Yes, we have been back - almost every year since then! (Of course, the tone of the trip, ummn, changed a bit after we started taking DS!)

Monique :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter