• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Did you honeymoon in WDW???

We honeymooned in Disney, & I try to plan one of my trips close to our anniversary every year. We were married in Feb, but usually go at the end of Jan.

Of course we did too!

We honeymooned in May 1993.

We stayed at the Howard Johnson's in DTD. We stayed for a week and then we went to stay at DH's parents condo in Jupiter for a week. What a trip!

We stayed at HJ's again the next year when we took a few friends. When we checked in and asked for a roll away, they asked if we would want to stay in a penthouse room instead, for the same price! Ah, yeah, that would be ok, I guess. LOL It was great! We had a fantastic view of DTD!

Since then, it has been strictly on property for us, now that we can afford it.
The HJ has changed owners and it is now a Holiday Inn, but they still have the orange roof. LOL

What great memories!

We had our wedding & honeymoon at Disney in June 1997.

Before the wedding we stayed at the ASMusic with all of our wedding party & guests.

After the wedding we stayed at the GF then to POFQ & finished up at the CR.

We again stayed at the GF in 2001, and the POFQ in 2004 (with many other trips in between & since).

We are talking about maybe doing the GF again summer 2007 for our 10th anniversary, or maybe our first Disney Cruise but we will see.

We had our honeymoon at WDW in 9/99. We were going to get married there, but decided against it...after a lot of family members wouldn't be able to make it.

We are planning a vow renewal for 12/09 to celebrate our 10th. We said back in 98-99 when we decided to have our wedding at home, that we would have a vow renewal at 10 years there. And I love christmas time at WDW...so I want to have it in december...

We honeymooned in WDW in May 2004. DH said he'd take me back for our five year anniversary.
In Aug. 2004, we took DD's because we got a great deal and we're going back in Aug. 2006 because of another great deal! :banana:
I knew we couldn't stay away for five years!

We did also.
October 1998, it will always be Dixie Landings to us. We have stayed in the same room as a special request this last Christmas. :bride: :groom:

We honeymooned at Disney (I bet you could tell from our username) in December 2004. We will be making our third trip to disney as a married couple this may! We always stay at Port Orleans French Quarter.

We did in Sept 1997. Great week. Stayed at POFQ. Didnt know anything about how to plan a trip. We were there with REALLY low crowds and had a Fall Fantasy Plan. It was great!

Been back a few times since but only since we had kids. We will go back every year, dont know if we will go back to POFQ but loved it when we were there.

Our honeymoon was 5/96 in Disney World @ ASMusic. I'm going only 2 weeks after our 10th anniversary, but without the hubby this time!!!

LSUmom - GEAUX TIGERS!!!

We're going Sept 29th for 8 nights! We'll be staying at POFQ, where we stayed the first time we went to WDW. It's our "special" place. :blush:

1994- :bride: :groom: -Grand Floridian! Loved every minute of it, it was a real splurge by my new husband! :lovestruc Haven't been back, except to "visit" LOL. Probably won't be able to afford that again until the kids are grown! party:

We did, too! 5 nights at POR in Sept/Oct 2001. We're FINALLY headed back to the World this September - but this time will be with DD(will be)4 and DS2! :love:

We honeymooned at the Boardwalk and had the Grand Plan. It was wonderful! Through some funny circumstances we were upgraded to a 2-story suite and had a blast! The only downfall was the horrible sun burn I got!! I still have the Grumpy tank top I wore when I got the sunburn too!! That was in 2002, and we have been back almost every year since. We are going on 6/8-6/12 and staying at the Beach Club. That is my favorite hotel now!! I really enjoy reading these!!

Count us in. We did 3 nights/4 days in July 1991. It was Disney's 20 year anniversary, and I still have the t-shirts. We stayed at the Disney Inn, and would love to return, but it is now Shades of Green, and we are not military. Oh well, the lease to the military was only 99 years..... :rotfl:

Already have it planned that our 30 year anniversary will be Disney's 50 year. Planning a Wilderness Lodge trip. :cool1: Don't know if we'll make it in July...we learned our lesson, the weather is waaayyyy toooooo hot!!

Is there anywhere else to honeymoon besides Disney?????

Honeymooned at the Polynesian, have been back a few times and have done the cruise a few times. We were just there in January and are cruising in November with the whole extended family. We are a family of Disneyaholics!

1995-Neither of us had been to WDW before. We had a blast. We stayed off-site at the Sunspree Resort. I remember getting on the MK Train and the train conductor was showing us where to get on the train and said to us, "You are honeymooner's aren't you?" I said, "How did you know that?" He said, "I've worked here a long time and can spot you guys from a mile away". :love: He was very nice and told us to have a great honeymoon!!

See my signature line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter