Did you visit Disneyland in 1963 or 1964?

Amy

MamaGrumpy
grinningghost posted this on the Community Board, and I though we should cross-post it over here too:

Did you visit Disneyland in 1963 or 1964?

If you did, someone out there might need your help.

Here's a letter that appeared in Reminisce Magazine:

During the winter of 1963-64, I was "Alice in Wonderland" at Disneyland in Anaheim, California. I had my picture taken with hundreds of Alice fans at the Kodak Photo Spot on the bridge to the Sleeping Beauty Castle. Sadly, I neither saw nor have any photo of myself at work and in costume.

At this date, I would love to be able to show my children and grandchildren a picture of "Grandma Alice". Maybe one of your readers who visited Disneyland during that time has a picture of their child with me and would be willing to share a copy.

Joan Ferguson McClaren
6195 Manzanillo Dr.
Goleta, CA 93117
e-mail: ragtopzz@aol.com

Sorry, I wasn't there until 1965. But ... here's a "bump" for you for good luck!

Well, you know, I wish I could help but I didn't get to go until 1976.

But this reminds me when I was in 3rd grade (I think) in 1964, a girl in my class went with her family over summer vacation. My family lived in the mid-West then and visiting Disneyland from there was still something of a novelty. I remember thinking that this girl's family had to be rich and I was quite envious. Now I'm an old lady...but Disneyland still has the magic for me! :wizard:

I was there in 55,58,60- 66 and 68. I doubt if my parents still have the photo's they took there, but I will look.(When I get back from assignment) Those years were so much fun and even now I relish the chance to go to DLR and socal, brings back many good memories.

Jack pirate:

Just wanted to bump back to page 1.....hoping somebody can help this woman.

Oh, darn! I was hoping you'd found some pictures by now!
Did you post this question on other Disney fan sites?

I was there in 59 and 61 and remember riding a 'hover car' that floated on air. It seems like it was near 20,000 leagues. Tell me I'm not completely crazy. My sister doesn't remember it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter