Didn't anyone wonder???

Robin"D"

DIS Veteran
All the high end vacations Pete went on, all the DVC points that had to finance !!, All the shopping, The family trips to Hawaii ect. Im sure that the company was doing well but really!!!! For the most part no matter, how much or how much someone is worth, You have to live within a budget. Feel bad for all that have be affected by this as well. Most of all the really bad behavior that is alleged to have done. To the staff and the Partners.

All issues that may have to be addressed in court if the parties involved choose to go to court.

I keep thinking about his mom...I haven't followed Pete as much the last year or so , but I assume she is still alive.
I always thought he had a very sweet relationship with her and I just wonder how she is doing with all of this.

Very few people had an idea of his full financial picture. Yes he spent a lot but some of the numbers mentioned elsewhere for income are incredible as well.

Kind of reminds me of professional athletes that end up broke a few years after retirement.

Reactions: GAN

Honestly, I just figured he was wealthy. He's only a few years older than me and my husband, so I figured he had the funds to travel so frequently. It's insane that he was traveling/shopping like that with so much debt. Just the picture of someone who appears to have been out of control...in a an absolute spiral.

Very few people had an idea of his full financial picture. Yes he spent a lot but some of the numbers mentioned elsewhere for income are incredible as well.

Kind of reminds me of professional athletes that end up broke a few years after retirement.

What were the income numbers? I'd always figured he had a mid to high six figure income to be spending like that...at least 500K a year.

Honestly, I just figured he was wealthy. He's only a few years older than me and my husband, so I figured he had the funds to travel so frequently. It's insane that he was traveling/shopping like that with so much debt. Just the picture of someone who appears to have been out of control...in a an absolute spiral.
I would assume his travel was all written off by him or his businesses as a business expense. Some of the other cruise vloggers make no secret that they travel for a living and writing everything off.

I would assume his travel was all written off by him or his businesses as a business expense. Some of the other cruise vloggers make no secret that they travel for a living and writing everything off.

Some, but not all. He took a lot of cruises that he didn't vlog from...etc. I would imagine he'd have to be creating a lot of content for a trip to qualify.

But yeah, some of it was definitely written off. The IRS takes a good look at that kind of thing....so you have to be very careful. And "write-offs" aren't magical money as I know you already know. You're still laying out a lot of money and saving a percentage on the back end.

Some, but not all. He took a lot of cruises that he didn't vlog from...etc. I would imagine he'd have to be creating a lot of content for a trip to qualify.

But yeah, some of it was definitely written off. The IRS takes a good look at that kind of thing....so you have to be very careful. And "write-offs" aren't magical money as I know you already know. You're still laying out a lot of money and saving a percentage on the back end.
One of the YouTuber cruise Vloggers did a segment on how much me makes from YouTube per video. He has about 200,000 subscribers and his videos get about 30,000 views for which he makes about $1,000. He posts once a day, so a seven day cruise could gross him $7,000, more than enough to cover his expenses.

One of the YouTuber cruise Vloggers did a segment on how much me makes from YouTube per video. He has about 200,000 subscribers and his videos get about 30,000 views for which he makes about $1,000. He posts once a day, so a seven day cruise could gross him $7,000, more than enough to cover his expenses.

The first thing that comes to mind about that cruise vlogger....was he selling something to help others become vloggers? ;). I can't help it...I'm a cynic at times.

I really don't know much about how vloggers or influencers do financially. But I do know that some celebrities in the reality show world have said in the last couple of years....that "posting content' isn't as lucrative as it once was. And we're talking about people with many millions of followers.

I'll admit I had defended Pete's spending years ago. It was always portrayed that Pete had worked hard before the Dis and then worked very hard during it with content (website, here, and youtube/podcast) as well as his portion of DU. When all 3 top brass are big spenders and they were one of the first to the digital game, one just naturally assumes there is wealth involved.

What were the income numbers? I'd always figured he had a mid to high six figure income to be spending like that...at least 500K a year.
Offhand from memory (so please don't shoot me if I'm off):
-The first year of Moving to Orlando, Pete made 450k off of it.
-One of the site sponsors was paying 15k per month plus a 1% cut of sales.

Those are only a couple pieces of the puzzle though of course. He has overhead and other sources of revenue so who knows what he actually took home.

Offhand from memory (so please don't shoot me if I'm off):
-The first year of Moving to Orlando, Pete made 450k off of it.
-One of the site sponsors was paying 15k per month plus a 1% cut of sales.

Those are only a couple pieces of the puzzle though of course. He has overhead and other sources of revenue so who knows what he actually took home.

Yup, there's gross revenue and then a lot between that....and net income, and then taxes after that...etc. But based on the lawsuits and what John posted....there's a big bill that has not been paid and they forced him out.

I wondered more about the obvious "type" of talent hired for the podcast and then gone without notice than the extravagant lifestyle. None of that ever made sense and when anything was asked here posters were shouted down by moderators, other posters, even members of the show. None of what came out really surprised me. Even knowing of drugging and raping of a former staff member was initially shocking but the more I thought about it, it really wasn't.

I found the other site after some posts on the live stream gave me reason to go over there and I applaud Sean and Dustin for coming out and telling the story of what was a toxic environment and one that many, not just Pete, allowed to fester.

Another account at that site stated Pete reneged on one of the auction winners which cost GKTW a large donation so ripping off charities he claims to support can be added to the mix

John did not post that Pete was out, he is just no longer the CEO and is being "divested". That could take months or years. Until then know that everything that gives the Dis properties or anything Dreams Unlimited related any money what so ever will also be giving a predator money. It is up to everyone here whether or not they want to contribute to such a person.

The whole thing from rape to hidden cameras to stealing money from sick kids is appalling.

Last edited:
The first thing that comes to mind about that cruise vlogger....was he selling something to help others become vloggers? ;). I can't help it...I'm a cynic at times.

I really don't know much about how vloggers or influencers do financially. But I do know that some celebrities in the reality show world have said in the last couple of years....that "posting content' isn't as lucrative as it once was. And we're talking about people with many millions of followers.
This was income just from YouTube views and he posted the metrics from YouTube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter