Dilemma Please help

When my family and I have eaten at Chef Mickey's (which is just about every visit-my kids love it) I witnessed a marriage proposal so I think they kind of do it regularly! Give Disney Dining a call at 407-wdw-dine and just put the PS (priority seating ) in your name. She'll be none the wiser. Best wishes to you and she!

I think Disney helps with this kind of thing. A year or so ago Cass posted something about a treasure hunt that was put together for her daughter. I bet if you PM her she would be glad to get you in touch with the right folks at Disney who would help make this special.

What Heather's said:

Guest Relations - 407-824-4321

Please let us know how you make out! Good Luck...sending Pixie Dust your way!!!

Also do consider posting this question on the other board also, I do remember it being posted/asked before!! Wishes is a magical firework show, I would think you'd want to give her/pop the question before that, and just stand before the castle watch the fireworks and listen to "Wishes" Wishes...

Guest relations is sure to be helpful as this is a magical place!! I'm sure much of it depends on how much you want to spend (GIfts of a Lifetime can be expensive, but they can send you on a scavenger hunt, or help you with any other ideas you want to work with!) and how public you want it to be! Private - the Fort Wilderness has a carriage ride as does Port Orleans, around $30 as opposed to borrowing Cinderella's carriage,f or around $2400!!

Good Luck, but definately think about swinging around to the Grand Floridian and check out the Wedding Pavillion, and if you dont eat at the Grand Floridian you should at least make an order from their bakery to pick up to go (they mentioned the chocolate slippers, they're wonderful, if you do a search others have posted pictures of them, if you eat at the Grand FLoridian they will bring it to your table on a decorated plate! They also have wonderful chocolate dipped strawberries, decked in 'tuxedos' w/ a white Mickey Mouse... all at the Grand FLoridian...)

The possiblities are endless!! :) The Lua at the Polynesian, the Contemporary Rest, overlooking the Fireworks/Wishes...

Since I have posted in two different areas (not the brightest person). I have gotten so many ideas, all with their own pros and cons.
As I said before my girlfriend has always said she does not care where or when I propose or what kind of ring I have she will marry me no matter what.
I am sorry I have left you all hanging and I did not intend to do so. I just honeslty have not had the time to check in. I have read all the responses. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!
I doubt I am going to bring the ring with us on the trip. We fly out of NYC and with the random searches I don't want to take the chance of the great people at LaGuardia or JFK ruining the surprise. I am thinking I will bring a picture of the ring instead. Cheesy, yes maybe. But this will also ensure her not finding the ring in one of my bags or something.
I looked into Giftsofalifetime.com. This idea will not pan out either because they require a deposit. She balances my checkbook and pays my credit cards. Apparently, I do not know how to balance a checkbook! I love her though! She would find it very odd if I started paying the bills.
I love the castle story and she would love it in the moment. I could see her turning beet red though and she would HATE any picture we took. To put it in perspective, she hates when we go out for her birthday and the waiters and waitresses sing Happy Birthday. She tells me EVERY year not to do it and yet every year I do it! She may have to get over it. I would like to videotape it too, if I could somehow.
One of the ideas she LOVES (no I didn't tell her) actually showed up on this board. One of her best friends got engaged at California Grill in 1996/1997 (?) at the California Grill with the fireworks going off. The ONLY reason I don't want to do that, because we know the couple that orginated it, you know?
Although I have many ideas, I have no plans as of yet, but please keep them coming! I want to do it early in the vacation so i will not be sweating it out and she will not stumble upon it. I want it to be so special for her but I do not want her to feel embarrassed. I want it to be magical and special, but most of all I want her to say yes and smile every time she thinks of it!
Thank you all once again!

Be careful there, Goofy....one of us will accept before she has the chance to!!! LOL! :love:
I am sure that whatever you decide to do, it will be the perfect way for her! And you may even just know at that moment without all the fuss. Good luck to you...please post the thread to let us all know what you decided. We are all living vicariosly through you!! :goodvibes

Ok...here I am again. Sorry, but I just remembered that you are going to be staying at CS, and I saw that they have something on that property called a "Fountain of the Doves". The website says it is colorful and beautiful, although I don't see a pic. Hmmmm...maybe a moonlit stroll, just the 2 of you to the fountain....what sounds more romantic than a "Fountain of the Doves"??? Maybe there's someone out there who can tell you what it's like...someone who has seen it in person? That's a quiet alternative to something that may embarrass her with a lot of bells and whistles, and it's something you can always re-live when you go back there! Just a thought!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter