• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Plan

QueenWendy

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone!
I just got back from WDW! We had a blast. We are completely crazy and want to go to Disneyland (since we live in California!) in March or April. My family enjoyed the dining plan while we were at the world and I was wondering if they offer the same type of thing at the Land. I cannot find any links to the dining plan on the Disneyland sites. If they do offer it, is it the same as the one at the world? please advise!:surfweb:

Hi! :wave2: Welcome to the Disboards! I see you're from Santa Rosa. That's where I grew up! I love it up there! (except for the allergies in the spring).

I don't have any experience with the dining plan (i mainly wanted to say hi to a Santa Rosan!) but from what I've read on the boards, it's not as good as the one at WDW although some people still like it for the convenience. At DLR they give you vouchers worth different amounts and you don't get any change back. So if you use a $10 voucher but you only spend $6 then you're out $4. Hope that helps explain it a little.

Ah, I love it here too. I also grew up in this area, Rohnert Park to be exact... I just loved the convenience of the dining plan. We just used our key the world and the restaurant took care of it. We had credits for different types of meals, and we just kept track. It saved a TON of money and it was easy, no real restrictions, we just ordered off the menu. easy. With the addition of all the cool places to eat, you would think that DL would get busy and make this work.
Have a great day. Hopefully, someone else will have more to add and can give me a better overview for DL dining plan.:flower3:

Ah yes, good ol' Rohnert Park! I have relatives who live there.

From what I've read, the Disneyland dining plan will not save you money and it's a mystery why they don't do the dining plan similar to WDW. I've heard several people lament over this.

You might want to try reposting your question in the main Disneyland section instead of the Community board since there is more traffic there and you'll get a lot more responses. That's where the vacation planning related questions should go anyway. :goodvibes

My friend goes to WDW yearly and lives off the dining plans, this year she came to Disneyland with us and was very disappointed with the Dining Plans and didn't bother with them. She thought they were a waste of money and stuck to buying her own food.

Hi QueenWendy! Im in Sonoma!!

We get the meal plans through Walt Disney Travel Co. I don't think it saves us much money but it sure makes it easy when its already paid for and we have the vouchers in hand. I think if you go on the disneyland website itself and make a package for pricing, you can see what they offer.

I just pulled this off the disneyland website
Disney Dining
Whether dining in Disneyland® Park, Disney's California Adventure® Park, Downtown Disney® , or one of the three Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort, Guests will find a variety of dining choices around every corner! For an extra touch of magic, don't miss our Disney Character Dining experiences, available at these locations (priority seating required*) :

Goofy's Kitchen
Lilo and Stitch Aloha Breakfast
Chip 'n Dale Critter Breakfast
Minnie and Friends Breakfast
Lunch or Dinner at a Table-Service Location**

Disney's special dining plans make it easy for you to sample a bit of everything while using vouchers instead of cash. Dine in the Magic includes breakfast with your favorite Disney Characters, a Breakfast in the Park, and snack and meal vouchers. The snack and meal vouchers are redeemable at cafes, snack spots and restaurants throughout the Disneyland® Resort. Simply choose the dining plan that works best with your vacation and add it to your package.
Resort Character Breakfast
one breakfast per person.
Adult/Junior
$32.29
Child
$18.17
Disney Princess Celebration Lunch
one lunch per person.
Adult/Junior
$35.33
Child
$20.19
Disney Princess Celebration Dinner
one dinner per person.
Adult/Junior
$35.33
Child
$20.19
Goofy's Kitchen Dinner
one dinner per person.
Adult/Junior
$40.37
Child
$18.17
Donald's 3 Days of Disney Dining Plan
8 Disney Dining choices per person.
Adult/Junior
$98.58
Child
$74.46
Goofy's 4 Days of Disney Dining Plan
10 Disney Dining choices per person
Adult/Junior
$142.86
Child
$103.63
Minnie's 5 Days of Disney Dining Plan
13 Disney Dining choices per person
Adult/Junior
$198.23
Child
$136.80
Mickey's 6 Days of Disney Dining Plan
15 Disney Dining choices per person
Adult/Junior
$229.09
Child
$162.67

* Priority Seating is required for all table service restaurants in Disneyland® Park, Disney's California Adventure® and the Resort Hotels. Please call Disney Dining up to 60 days in advance to arrange Priority Seating (714) 781 - DINE

Some restaurant locations may charge a nominal fee for guests 2 years and under.

** Lunch or Dinner voucher accepted during lunch and dinner hours toward the purchase of one table-service Disney Dining experience, fine dining to casual dining, throughout the Disneyland® Resort, including Ariel's Disney Princess Celebration at Disney's California Adventure® Park. Daily operating hours may vary. Applicable Table Service locations include: Ariel's Grotto, Steakhouse 55, Hook's Pointe, Goofy's Kitchen, PCH Grill, Storyteller's Cafe, Napa Rose, Blue Bayou, Carnation Cafe and Wine Country Trattoria.

Disney's special dining plans make it easy for you to sample a bit of everything while using vouchers instead of cash. For an extra touch of magic, don't miss our Disney Character Dining experiences, available at these locations (priority seating required*) :

Goofy's Kitchen

8 Disney Dining choices per person.
Adult/Junior Meals included
Character Breakfast
Breakfast in the Park
Snack Voucher
$10 Meal Voucher
$15 Meal Voucher
Child Meals included
Character Breakfast
Breakfast in the Park
Snack Voucher
$5 Meal Voucher
$10 Meal Voucher

Disney's special dining plans make it easy for you to sample a bit of everything while using vouchers instead of cash. For an extra touch of magic, don't miss our Disney Character Dining experiences, available at these locations (priority seating required*) :

Goofy's Kitchen

10 Disney Dining choices per person.
Character Breakfast
Lunch or Dinner
Breakfast in the Park
Snack Voucher
$10 Meal Voucher
$15 Meal Voucher
Child Meals included
Character Breakfast
Lunch or Dinner
Breakfast in the Park
Snack Voucher
$5 Meal Voucher
$10 Meal Voucher

Goofy's Kitchen

13 Disney Dining choices per person.
Character Breakfast
Lunch or Dinner
Dinner with Goofy
Breakfast in the Park
Snack Voucher
$5 Meal Voucher
$10 Meal Voucher
$15 Meal Voucher
Child Meals included
Character Breakfast
Lunch or Dinner
Dinner with Goofy
Breakfast in the Park
Snack Voucher
$5 Meal Voucher
$10 Meal Voucher

Goofy's Kitchen

15 Disney Dining choices per person.
Character Breakfast
Lunch or Dinner
Dinner with Goofy
Breakfast in the Park
Snack Voucher
$10 Meal Voucher
$15 Meal Voucher
Child Meals included
Character Breakfast
Lunch or Dinner
Dinner with Goofy
Breakfast in the Park
Snack Voucher
$5 Meal Voucher
$10 Meal Voucher
$15 Meal Voucher

My theory is that DLR simply does not have enough restaurants in order to keep up with the demand that a WDW-like dining plan would create. WDW has like a hundred different table service restaurants to choose from, and even then the popularity of the dining plan forces you to make ADRs far in advance. DLR only has a handful of table service restaurants, so I can only imagine the headache that would create. Nobody would be able to eat at a sit down restaurant without making reservations 6+ months in advance! That especially doesn't work when you consider Disneyland's high number of local visitors compared to WDW, which is 99% tourists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter