Dining traditions, do you have any?

Valstew

Mouseketeer
This will be our third visit, with us eating at Boatrights at POR on our first night. We go here as the meal is always good as is the service but if we miss our reservation due to delayed flight or issues with driving we are not missing a hard to get res. We have one nights dinner to fill during our next trip and want to do something a little different so I thought this would be an interesting way to get some new ideas. Currently we have boooked, Boatrights, Ohana, Tutto Italia, and le Cellier (might not keep).

When my kids were little we always started at 'Ohana to set the mood for the trip. As they grew older (now both in college), they preferred Boma. In fact, now Boma is their only must-do restaurant. On my solo trips, I always have afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian.

We eat at Garden Grill on our arrival day and ride Test Track. Our flight lands at 7:45am so trying to decide between a later lunch or dinner. DH always wants to eat breakfast at Crystal Palace.

This will be our third visit, with us eating at Boatrights at POR on our first night. We go here as the meal is always good as is the service but if we miss our reservation due to delayed flight or issues with driving we are not missing a hard to get res. We have one nights dinner to fill during our next trip and want to do something a little different so I thought this would be an interesting way to get some new ideas. Currently we have boooked, Boatrights, Ohana, Tutto Italia, and le Cellier (might not keep).
Boatwrights: We ate there about 6 years ago and did not like it. Neither one of us liked the food very much, however 6 years later we have been thinking about trying it again. If we decide to give it another try, is there something that you would recommend? As far as our traditions go, we always go to 50's Prime Time Cafe for lunch and we do a breakfast at Tusker House.

Mickey Bars for breakfast upon visiting Magic Kingdom. I try to get one at the center hub.

Otherwise, we have favorite restaurants (i.e., BlueZoo & Shula's) and fit them in how ever the planning allows.

We eat at California Grill in time to watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom on every trip. It is always a great meal with great service. We've been doing this for about 10 years now. It became our tradition after the first meal there and my kids said that that was the best meal they had ever had. Cheers!!!!!!!!

Boatwrights: We ate there about 6 years ago and did not like it. Neither one of us liked the food very much, however 6 years later we have been thinking about trying it again. If we decide to give it another try, is there something that you would recommend? As far as our traditions go, we always go to 50's Prime Time Cafe for lunch and we do a breakfast at Tusker House.

Our go to at Boatrights is Prime Rib for me and jambalaya for my dh,my dis isn’t that picky but he eats off the kids menu.

When DS was younger and he was really into Pokemon, a stop at the Japan store plus dinner at Tokyo Dining was a must-do as soon as we arrived. Now, EP is still our first park, but Spice Road Table has become our traditional first night dinner.

We have always eaten at Ohana on our first night in Disney. And some where along the way it seems we have fallen into tradition to have Kona Cafe for breakfast on the morning we leave.

Our next trip will be a bit different. We are staying 3 nights at a value before moving to the Polynesian. We have scheduled Ohana on our first night at the Poly rather than first night of the trip. Might feel weird! Lol

We also have a tradition in Epcot to never book any reservations for lunch. We snack our way around WS for lunch.

We always eat at Jiko after the marathon in January and split a bottle of wine. Other than that, no real traditions, but I have to work really hard to keep my husband from getting us into a dining rut, as he has favorites that he would return to over and over, whereas I like to do a nice mix of new restaurants and favorites.

Dinner at Raglan Road, normally on arrival night but at least once during the trip.

We used to always eat at Wolfgang Pucks for our first meal at Disney and walk around Downtown Disney. However, now that it has grown so much and is always so crowded, we haven't found that "first night" meal yet.

Kona for breakfast at least once a trip... a ham and apple sammich at Norway (heated of course)... and usually a lunch at Via Napoli.

Raglan Road is always a must do for us. We tend to go for dinner on our arrival day and love the scallop forest appetizer. Never had a bad meal and always enjoy the atmosphere and service. I also always have to have a dole whip at least once a trip, but sometimes more! Now that our girls are older (and less picky), we are looking forward to trying Boma and Yak & Yeti this trip.

We have a few
We always drive down a day or two before we check into our Disney resort and eat at Trex for dinner (altho this sept it will be home coming and then Trex another day)
We always have to have dinner at Ohana and a meal at LTT, Pecos Bills, Sunshine Seasons, Les Halles.

For years it was O'hana, until everything seemed to go downhill (price too high, food quality declined, slow food service, and sitting or standing in a crowded lobby for an hour waiting for a table), then we discovered Boma. Wow! Good value, a different world (so much better) in food quality, servers are always so much fun, they don't make you wait (well sometimes a few minutes), and the resort is such a delight to explore. Now our go-to restaurant for every trip. Spend some time talking with the cooks, they're proud of their servings and love to tell you about how they're made.

Our main tradition with regards to eats is no longer centering our vacation around reservations to eat what is mostly mediocre to just "good" food. We make zero ADR's more than one day in advance...most are made day of. We generally eat breakfast at Wilderness Canyon Cafe on our departure day, but that's not set in stone, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter